Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
used to be 15k, now got to start with 70k

I know. But when counter is low should put the rest somewhere else.

Maybank isavvy might be a good choice now since current cycle is 4 mths. Sep to Oct 2%. Nov to Dec 2.1%.

When approaching Jan 2020, evaluate again based on circumstances then.

Last edited:

xfufux

Reaction score
Im wondering can I open maybank isavvy account first and wait til my maxigain account hit counter 12 before I pump it to 150k?

Buzy_bee

Reaction score
If I have max out 150k with counter 12, Can i open another joint account with my name as the main account holder and start accumulating from $0 in the joint account with no worries about fall below fee?

Wondering about the same question. Any expert can advise?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im wondering can I open maybank isavvy account first and wait til my maxigain account hit counter 12 before I pump it to 150k?

You can open Maybank isavvy first while growing the Maxigain counter. But note that you must move the funds out from Maybank Isavvy on 1 Jan 2020 (leave $500 to avoid fall below fee) as the bonus interest is given for incremental balance compared to reference mth Aug 2019.

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I have max out 150k with counter 12, Can i open another joint account with my name as the main account holder and start accumulating from $0 in the joint account with no worries about fall below fee?

Wondering about the same question. Any expert can advise?

I am curious too - $0 in the joint account. Anyone has any idea? Thanks!

xxxjhxxx

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone here familiar with the top up promo TnCs? very confusing to me.. the pre-enrollment period is the preceding 3 months from the month of enrollment and excludes the month of enrollment.

Say that my enrollment month is Sep. This means that the pre-enrollment months will be from 1 June - 31 August?

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
70k for 1 year the 2.5% is guaranteed?

it will be based on 0.7percent of SIBOR + 1.2percent, so yea if Sibor is high, it can go higher than 2.5percent. If sibor goes lower than what it is current, then yea it can go lower that 2.5percent.

i just go into, https://www.abs.org.sg/rates-sibor

Seems like now 1month sibor is at 1.87633,

so its (0.7 * 1.87633) + 1.2 (assuming u hit counter 12 already) = around 2.5 percent ( the rates are calculated daily i think, so plus minus)

Last edited:

ysyj48

Reaction score
if i have less than 70k, what is the interest am i getting? is it only the bonus interest (starting from 0.1%) and dont hv the base interest which is linked to the sibor?

i started with 70k have been stepping up and now is Month 8. But now i need to urgently withdraw most of the funds. so i will drop to Month 6 (i.e. 0.6%) interest?

xfufux

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if I'm at counter 12 and with 150k saved in this account, will my counter drop if I transfer the interest out and leave only 150k in the account? Will I still be getting base interest plus max counter interest?

shpesft

Reaction score
Can withdraw interest without any drop in counters. You will still get both base and 12 counter interest

Hi guys, just wondering if I'm at counter 12 and with 150k saved in this account, will my counter drop if I transfer the interest out and leave only 150k in the account? Will I still be getting base interest plus max counter interest?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can withdraw interest without any drop in counters. You will still get both base and 12 counter interest

But only within one month of it being credited.
if you leave it to the following month, withdrawing it will cause you to lose 6 counters.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.