HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree621Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2019, 12:40 PM   #4456
Master Member

Means this reward $88 apply to us if we top up Maxigain $50k?
Suggest that you enrol before Top up. It seems that Maxigain had been removed from the Top Up exclusion clause.

To be eligible for Base Reward, a Customer is required to:
(i) enroll in this Promotion through his/her Personal Banker or Relationship Manager within the Promotion
Period;
(ii) transfer the Top Up Amount within the Enrolment Month (less any funds outflow during Pre-enrolment
Period);
(iii) not have a net outflow of funds in any month within the Minimum Maintenance Period; and
(iv) maintain a qualified Citi Priority, Citigold, or Citigold Private Client banking relationship (including its
Asset Under Management requirement) from Enrolment Month throughout the Minimum Maintenance
Period.
NTTDoCoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:42 PM   #4457
Arch-Supremacy Member

And they actually lower the min top up amount to 25k. Not bad Citibank !
There is a caveat. Need to maintain citi priority relationship ie need min $70k balance
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #4458
Supremacy Member

Citi website has updated the T&C for this CNY promo now
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/inve...s_newfund1.htm
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:52 PM   #4459
Master Member

Good deal for those who did not top up on 31 Dec 2018.
NTTDoCoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:59 PM   #4460

it's found in Google .. the T&C from Citi's CNY TopUp site is still showing the previous version that excludes MaxiGain ...

so there is a separate promo with new T&Cs afterall ... but need to get PB/RM to register first
Do we have a fix personal banker/ Relationship manager?
I suppose just visit any full banking branch can enroll this promo right?
I sent message to Citibank inbox asking who is my Relationship manager, but they did not give a direct answer.
vddgnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:35 PM   #4461
Supremacy Member

Do we have a fix personal banker/ Relationship manager?
I suppose just visit any full banking branch can enroll this promo right?
I sent message to Citibank inbox asking who is my Relationship manager, but they did not give a direct answer.
PBs r for Priority accounts
RMs r for CitiGold

Your PB contact is printed in the paper statement .. next to your address, first page

RM contacts with photos, wont miss those

Make sure you have a record of the exact date your PB enrol you for the promo ... the last time, mine took a week after I have to remind her ... the reward crediting date is from the date of enrolment.

Last edited by oceanicmanta; 03-01-2019 at 05:37 PM..
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #4462

PBs r for Priority accounts
RMs r for CitiGold

Your PB contact is printed in the paper statement .. next to your address, first page

RM contacts with photos, wont miss those

Make sure you have a record of the exact date your PB enrol you for the promo ... the last time, mine took a week after I have to remind her ... the reward crediting date is from the date of enrolment.
Thanks for advice.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #4463
Arch-Supremacy Member

Means this reward $88 apply to us if we top up Maxigain $50k?
Exciting!
Not sure if this clause exclude Maxigain top up or not?

"Funds credited into cash management account and SGD time deposit account where such time deposit has an interest rate of one (1) per cent or higher will not count towards a “Top Up"
SKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:49 PM   #4464
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not sure if this clause exclude Maxigain top up or not?

"Funds credited into cash management account and SGD time deposit account where such time deposit has an interest rate of one (1) per cent or higher will not count towards a “Top Up"
Is maxigain cash management account or SGD time deposit account?
Old 03-01-2019, 07:14 PM   #4465
Arch-Supremacy Member

No idea how citibank would categorise it.
SKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:19 PM   #4466

Cash management is business account https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/citi...t/cash_mgt.htm

SGD time deposit account is time deposit account
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/pers..._fcy_promo.htm

Maxigain is just one of the local currency account, not the above 2 types.
If maxigain is one of them, the old promo tnc should use the term "for example maxigain account"

Old promo tnc:
“Top Up” refers to a net inflow of funds from outside Citi into Customer’s primary accounts, including Citi checking and savings accounts, foreign currency time deposits, investments and life insurances distributed by Citi on an advised basis. Funds credited into cash management account, Citi MaxiGain Savings account, and SGD time deposit account where such time deposit has an interest rate of one (1) per cent or higher will not count towards a “Top Up”.

New promo tnc:
“Top Up” refers to a net inflow of funds from outside Citi into all of a Customer’s primary accounts, including Citi checking and savings accounts, foreign currency time deposits, investments and life insurances distributed by Citi on an advised basis. Funds credited into cash management account and SGD time deposit account where such time deposit has an interest rate of one (1) per cent or higher will not count towards a “Top Up”.

The "interest rate of one (1) per cent or higher" is referring to the SGD time deposit account which is under promo rate, usual time deposit rate is much lower.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:40 PM   #4467

Managed to top up to 70k last month.
Top up again yesterday. So do I qualify for the CNY promo?
Intel888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:28 AM   #4468
Arch-Supremacy Member

Managed to top up to 70k last month.
Top up again yesterday. So do I qualify for the CNY promo?
(i) enroll in this Promotion through his/her Personal Banker or Relationship Manager within the Promotion
Period;
(ii) transfer the Top Up Amount within the Enrolment Month (less any funds outflow during Pre-enrolment
Period);
(iii) not have a net outflow of funds in any month within the Minimum Maintenance Period; and
(iv) maintain a qualified Citi Priority, Citigold, or Citigold Private Client banking relationship (including its
Asset Under Management requirement) from Enrolment Month throughout the Minimum Maintenance
Period.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:05 AM   #4469

Period;
Period);
Period.
I think this one is the most difficult when enrolling for promo "Promotion through his/her Personal Banker or Relationship Manager"
Why need to go to human, other banks can register online.
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:27 AM   #4470
Greater Supremacy Member

I think this one is the most difficult when enrolling for promo "Promotion through his/her Personal Banker or Relationship Manager"
Why need to go to human, other banks can register online.
So that you will approach your relationship manager and he can sell you products
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.