HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree570Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2019, 07:51 PM   #4756
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then Citibank waste money. A temp booth at shopping centre can do credit card and other banks outsource it. Why pay rental and hire staff. Really for show to make their website look like they have so many branches.

They use to have a proper branch at Tampines but closed down now. Can't believe they don't even have a proper branch at Tampines/Bedok. Think they not interested in HDB customers. Rather open branch at Holland V and Marine Parade.
citibank all along has never been that interested in retail customers.. if not why do you think the maxigain T n Cs already got changed ?

plus a 15k min balance is to also deter most retailers from opening accounts with them... their targets are the wealthy
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:03 AM   #4757

The staff there not very helpful if u got qns leh. Too many newbies liao. Went there 2 times both different new staff

Went to Tampines MRT "branch". Staff there never heard of the promo. Ask me to show. Then say must go to those account opening branches.

Are the Citibank MRT branches for show ? Seems like they cannot do anything. Few months back I wanted to deposit $15000 cash they say cannot and ask me to go to the cash deposit machine (which is not even at the same office but on the other side of the MRT station.

Today I say I heard just need to sign a Form. They say cannot do there. Hotline told me I can go to branch. Did not say must be account opening branch.

All 3 staff sit there do nothing. No customers at all.
feigningfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:04 AM   #4758
Master Member

To open a MaxiGain account, is it better to go to a main branch like at Parkway or Punggol rather than those branches located at MRT station for example Tampines?

Another question is on the interest withdrawal for MaxiGain. When will the monthly interest come in? And say if it comes on the last day of the month and I make a withdraw the following month on the 1st or 2nd, it will not affect the bonus interest right?

Sorry if the questions have been asked before.
Shutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:03 AM   #4759

Go to main branch. I went to the McDonald house branch. Had bad problems with the Punggol branch

Interest in on last day of the month. Can withdraw entire sum of interest. Just make sure the balance in account not lesser than previous month.
To open a MaxiGain account, is it better to go to a main branch like at Parkway or Punggol rather than those branches located at MRT station for example Tampines?

Another question is on the interest withdrawal for MaxiGain. When will the monthly interest come in? And say if it comes on the last day of the month and I make a withdraw the following month on the 1st or 2nd, it will not affect the bonus interest right?

Last edited by shpesft; 12-02-2019 at 07:25 AM..
shpesft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:20 AM   #4760

Don't open account in mrt branch. Heard McDonald House branch is recommended. Interest comes in on first day of the month. I withdraw on the same day.

No need to apologize, the thread is so long, impossible to read through all pages.
Buzy_bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #4761
Supremacy Member

You can scroll back a few pages.

Or.

Read the TnC on Citibank Maxigain page.
JuniorLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #4762
Master Member

Thanks for the input, guys. I actually went to MRT branch last week and was told that the monthly interest gained cannot be withdrawn at all else counter will be reset. He even told me not to read the wrong stuff online. Haha.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:01 AM   #4763
Master Member

I was also told there is a $250 welcome bonus if you deposit 70k. That’s the only promo I should take note right?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:07 AM   #4764
Master Member

Go to main branch. I went to the McDonald house branch. Had bad problems with the Punggol branch

Interest in on last day of the month. Can withdraw entire sum of interest. Just make sure the balance in account not lesser than previous month.
Thanks! Lucky I asked here. Was planning to visit Punggol branch after work.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:15 AM   #4765
Greater Supremacy Member

Thanks! Lucky I asked here. Was planning to visit Punggol branch after work.
Brought my friend there twice to Punggol open a maxigain with no issue

The credit card sales man help to fill the form for us, then we get a queue number, the bank teller verified all forms and everything settled
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:45 AM   #4766
Master Member

Bro maybe your relationship balance with citi > S$1 mil anything also no problem la
no lah bro, i dont have a million with citi lah
what Linguist posted is correct.
Squaredot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #4767
Master Member

Thanks for the input, guys. I actually went to MRT branch last week and was told that the monthly interest gained cannot be withdrawn at all else counter will be reset. He even told me not to read the wrong stuff online. Haha.
I believe you can withdraw the interest the moment it is credited.

Should ask him to come here and read the right stuff.
Shutterfly likes this.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #4768
Master Member

I believe you can withdraw the interest the moment it is credited.

Should ask him to come here and read the right stuff.
So basically it is any day on the following month, the interest can be withdrawn without resetting the counter? I will try to ask again when I open my account at the MacDonald House Branch this week.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #4769
Arch-Supremacy Member

So basically it is any day on the following month, the interest can be withdrawn without resetting the counter? I will try to ask again when I open my account at the MacDonald House Branch this week.
Interest can be withdrawn once it is credited. You dun need to ask, you can go read the TnC yourself, counter will not reset so long the lowest end of day balance in the month is not lower than that in previous month.
Trazora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:38 PM   #4770

Yeah don’t need to ask. Everyone will give you differing answers. Lol
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.