Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

JustDoLor

Reaction score
I thought bonus interest credited on 31-Dec-19 is for the previous mth, i.e Nov-19.

So, bonus interest earned for the mth of Nov should it be 1.2%, and will be credited on 31-Dec?

Changes to MaxiGain Account features
With effect from 2 December 2019, the base interest rate for the Citi MaxiGain Savings Account will be revised to 50% of the 1-month Singapore Dollar Interbank Offer Rate (1-month SIBOR). The bonus interest rate will also be revised to step up monthly from 0.05% p.a. to a maximum of 0.60% p.a.

It is no. 2, which is around max 1.4x% at the moment.

Last edited:

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought bonus interest credited on 31-Dec-19 is for the previous mth, i.e Nov-19.

So, bonus interest earned for the mth of Nov should it be 1.2%, and will be credited on 31-Dec?

:s13::s22::eek:

*Sigh* Once again...

Well... to put it very simply, you thought wrong.

The T&C has always been very clear; bonus interest is based on the current level of your counters, against the lowest balance in the *previous* month.

It has *never* been 'we'll lock in your interest now, and deposit it into your account next month'.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
wah this has been there very long
why closed down?
they really not doing well?

last time when i went there to open acc on a weekday around 9.30am, completely empty

Yup, confirmed.
They called me to clear my safebox there few days ago.
And the staff told me closing in Feb2020.
;)
Heard they never renew the lease.

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification😊

:s13::s22::eek:

*Sigh* Once again...

Well... to put it very simply, you thought wrong.

The T&C has always been very clear; bonus interest is based on the current level of your counters, against the lowest balance in the *previous* month.

It has *never* been 'we'll lock in your interest now, and deposit it into your account next month'.

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
May I know what interest is expected after the interest that will be paid on 30 Nov assuming empty account on 2 Dec? Thanks

mdax23

Reaction score
If you leave it as zero after 2nd Dec, but don't close it, will there be any fees for lack of min balance?

There will be but only in Jan 20.

So after u transfer out the last interest. Then u can take your time to close it since its zero balance. (provided it will not go into overdraft, I am not sure about this)

luvpraline

Reaction score
There will be but only in Jan 20.

So after u transfer out the last interest. Then u can take your time to close it since its zero balance. (provided it will not go into overdraft, I am not sure about this)

if they only credit the bonus interest on 1 Jan (like they did for 1 Nov :s8:), then most likely the bonus interest for nov will be credit at the same time as the fall below fee is deducted

can just leave the account balance at 0 and eventually they will automatically close it right?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if they only credit the bonus interest on 1 Jan (like they did for 1 Nov :s8:), then most likely the bonus interest for nov will be credit at the same time as the fall below fee is deducted

can just leave the account balance at 0 and eventually they will automatically close it right?

There may be a services charge if balance fall below certain amount.

mdax23

Reaction score

Hopefully they credit you on 30-31 Dec since 1st is PH. They may delay until 2nd also I won't know.

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stashaway cash management might be a option for those planning to exit maxigain. They claim to offer interest of 1.9%

ahchan

Reaction score
Hi, seems we still not sure how Citibank will do if we move out all fund on 2-Dec and leave account open...

Will they still give interest on 2-Jan and how/when they will deduct the fall-below fee..:(

Thinking to call their call centre up...but I think they may not provide good advice also as they always say they don't know the back-end operations.....
Anyone has already tried calling them ? Any advices given ?

TIA.

rottingapple

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you Citibank for all that nice interest in the past. Gonna missed the 2.2% interest... :(

Now if i wanna slowly transfer out to other banks and the amount gradually fall to zero. Will they charge me a penalty or fine?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.