Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then many here should have received ha

Yalor... The wonky fast transfer that last for 22hrs must have generated many security alerts which they have to validate and close. Security folks must be swearing at operations for adding unnecessary workload for them.

bryan76

Reaction score
well..I called up my CSO and met him..end up talking to 1 more AIA agent offering "pay monthly now till retirement" and get monthly allowance at age of retirement (55, 60 or 65, you decide)...4% annual interest and works out to be around more than 150% of what you invested...

I am skeptical with their promise....

u know there's a guaranteed and non guaranteed portion to both the monthly allowance and 4%? I don't give money based on promises, only based on black n white lol

1scape

Banned
Reaction score
btw regarding the question on citi priority, i spoke to the cso on the day of my closure. she told me the status will auto downgrade once i dont fulfil the minimum TRB needed.

kuang89

Reaction score
well..I called up my CSO and met him..end up talking to 1 more AIA agent offering "pay monthly now till retirement" and get monthly allowance at age of retirement (55, 60 or 65, you decide)...4% annual interest and works out to be around more than 150% of what you invested...

I am skeptical with their promise....

I can distribute products from multiple companies. So far Aviva’s plan guaranteed yield at 20th year is 1.55%, no one higher.

Non-guaranteed talk until cow come home also not guaranteed. Want to say 3% returns also can.

curious_moo

Reaction score
No won't get step up bonus because to qualify you need the balance to be equal or higher than previous month. No need minimum is correct.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

again, i cannot find anywhere in terms that says to qualify for step up bonus, you need balance to be equal or higher.

whats in the terms is saying for counter to increase, you need the balance to be equal or higher. else, they will reduce counter based on the fixed table, i.e. from 12 to 6.

so essentially, i still get nov step up bonus at count 6. should receive this on 31 Dec.

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before Citibank refund tonight, your Dec lowest balance is already $0 on 2nd-Dec ?

My Dec 1 lowest balance is 58K cos i stop xfering the fund once i discovered i had $1000 missing.

Dec 2 11.59pm I kept $15000.

I will demand some compensation from them for the time wasted in FAST xfer fiasco, $1000 missing delay as well as taking a extra leave to sort out their nonsense.

I am left with $1, should i wait till end Dec?

Last edited:

vddgnd

Reaction score
My Dec 1 lowest balance is 58K cos i stop xfering the fund once i discovered i had $1000 missing.

Dec 2 11.59pm I kept $15000.

I will demand some compensation from them for the time wasted in FAST xfer fiasco, $1000 missing delay as well as taking a extra leave to sort out their nonsense.

I am left with $1, should i wait till end Dec?
leave $1 mean want to wait till end Dec. If don't want to wait = no need leave $1.

Last edited:

Froggyman

Reaction score
I not sure if the bonus from nov will be new or old bonus, since they are credited in Jan 2020?

I think should be using the new counter of 0.3% x lowest amount of $ in Nov.
so on a safe side, calculate how much you will credited by 31Dec then. if more than $15, then OK to earn that few dollars if you want ( assume citibank will deduct the fall-below fee)

If Citibank happen to use the old bonus:s13:, then take it as extra extra bonus loh.

curious_moo

Reaction score
I think should be using the new counter of 0.3% x lowest amount of $ in Nov.
so on a safe side, calculate how much you will credited by 31Dec then. if more than $15, then OK to earn that few dollars if you want ( assume citibank will deduct the fall-below fee)

If Citibank happen to use the old bonus:s13:, then take it as extra extra bonus loh.

in other words, if you are lucky, you will get maximum of $75.
provided that no fall below fee, max $150k as balance in nov, 0.6% was used instead of the new 0.3%.

Froggyman

Reaction score
in other words, if you are lucky, you will get maximum of $75.
provided that no fall below fee, max $150k as balance in nov, 0.6% was used instead of the new 0.3%.

If..if .. if not that lucky, still have $37.5 based on $150k. So still have some Kopi $.;)
Anyway, thank Citibank for the good times we had.

Last edited:

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
again, i cannot find anywhere in terms that says to qualify for step up bonus, you need balance to be equal or higher.

whats in the terms is saying for counter to increase, you need the balance to be equal or higher. else, they will reduce counter based on the fixed table, i.e. from 12 to 6.

so essentially, i still get nov step up bonus at count 6. should receive this on 31 Dec.
wjS4FwQl.jpg

rZZz5Idl.jpg

lt4XnWBl.jpg

This not clear enough?

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Last edited:

Eternit

Reaction score
Hey guys I just returned from overseas and saw this. I have 72K in maxigain, what's the best way to transfer out? Internet fast transfer? Or go their branch ask for a cheque?

I have 2 Citibank credit cards, if I leave my maxigain account to $0, will they penalise me via credit card charges? (Since they can't deduct from my account with $0)

hlw8888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is closing the maxigain acct only via walk-in at bank counter? or can do it online?

shld i transfer out money 1st then close or close and take out all money together?

since only got 15k with them, think it's time to cut ties liao. :o

Buzy_bee

Reaction score
is closing the maxigain acct only via walk-in at bank counter? or can do it online?

shld i transfer out money 1st then close or close and take out all money together?

since only got 15k with them, think it's time to cut ties liao. :o

Can do it online after you transfer out the fund. Just message them via secure message. I suggest to take out all money then message them to close the account.

Buzy_bee

Reaction score
Hey guys I just returned from overseas and saw this. I have 72K in maxigain, what's the best way to transfer out? Internet fast transfer? Or go their branch ask for a cheque?

I have 2 Citibank credit cards, if I leave my maxigain account to $0, will they penalise me via credit card charges? (Since they can't deduct from my account with $0)

Welcome back. You can do FAST transfer up to $50k. If more than S$50k, your FAST will be converted to GIRO and it will take 3 working days.

Most convenient would be to do two FAST transactions $50k and $22k, private message them via secure inbox that you would like to close the account.

Not sure on the penalty part.

saggice

Reaction score
what kind of system problem sia?
missing $1000, its not forgivable.

How to report sia, the entire transaction list for Dec 1 is super long.

And I need to provide OCBC receiving statement as well.

Which mean i may have to physically head down to MAS to lodge a official report.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.