Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

vddgnd

Reaction score
i think citi is 100k per day only .. but on that fateful 1 Dec day, managed to do more ... the very very hard way
Citi called me this month, asked why I do so many transactions instead of transfer in one lump sum. I said citi system problem lah! :)

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think citi is 100k per day only .. but on that fateful 1 Dec day, managed to do more ... the very very hard way

err.. can bypass the 100k limit set by the bank? sorry didn't manage to read about it in the previous posts.. how ah?

Got $130 total interest with around 72K inside, around 2%?

yeah I calculated mine is around 2% also. the drop is likely due to the counter for new interest (from 1.2% to 0.6%)

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but if you have kept full balance in Dec19, then u can still get 0.3% Bonus interest for Jan20 of about $37 leh .. so maybe close on 1 Feb 2020 ?

What we did on 1 Dec was right, we withdrew all then wait for Nov Bonus interest on 31Dec then zero to close it.
A few dollars base interest was also given for 1 Dec cos our transfer was dated 2 Dec tho transfer out on 1 Dec (Sunday)

Close the acct now, bro, after recg 0.6% bonus interest for Nov, not 0.3%, hurray!

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What we did on 1 Dec was right, we withdrew all then wait for Nov Bonus interest on 31Dec then zero to close it.

Close the acct now, bro, after recg 0.6% bonus interest for Nov, not 0.3%, hurray!

oh ok, i thot u did not withdraw on 1 Dec

those who did not withdraw on 1 Dec was more "right" :s13:

one door closes, another door opens

already closed accounts via live chat this morning ... agent dint even ask for reason why, unlike a couple of weeks ago

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
err.. can bypass the 100k limit set by the bank? sorry didn't manage to read about it in the previous posts.. how ah?

think it was more a system issue that allowed higher limit on 1 Dec, likely 1 off event ... but u can try in multiple sizes

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if we try to FAST out today (1 Jan), will it be received by the other bank today or tomorrow, considering it is public holiday today? different bank different policy?

I always try to avoid doing transactions on non-working days...

Buzy_bee

Reaction score
if we try to FAST out today (1 Jan), will it be received by the other bank today or tomorrow, considering it is public holiday today? different bank different policy?

I always try to avoid doing transactions on non-working days...

I FAST to dbs and it is reflected immediately

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But keeping the sum in maxigain for Dec is only getting 1.5% interest in total.
Better to transfer to some other higher int earning account on 1Dec.

from other's post, it seems both Dec's Base and Bonus were still calculated based on old terms ... so about 2.1x%

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from other's post, it seems both Dec's Base and Bonus were still calculated based on old terms ... so about 2.1x%

Yes but the bonus is paid for Nov's lowest balance, which we also recd regardless transfer or keep.

Add this to the interest earned for the sum transferred to other account, total will be more than 2.1%.
Eg if transferred to isavvy in Dec will get 2.1%, on top of the bonus interest u recd for maxigain.

Whatever kept in maxigain in Dec will get 0.3% bonus interest, to be credited 31 Jan. So will be about 1.5% for keeping max in Dec?

Anyways it's over :s13: We have all enjoyed maxigain. Time to move on :)

touchring1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dbs multiplier. Bond ladder is buy just $500 or whatever amount of SSB bond for 6 mth, then it will auto run itself for 10 years. That will hit the dbs multiplier invest criteria for 10 years...

Happie new year!

Ok still catch no ball. :)

Anyway, I already bought ssb early the year, Guess this qualifies me? The dbs website not clear on this investment criteria leh. Or must buy a tranche of ssb every month?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happie new year!

Ok still catch no ball. :)

Anyway, I already bought ssb early the year, Guess this qualifies me? The dbs website not clear on this investment criteria leh. Or must buy a tranche of ssb every month?

DBS Multiplier Criteria had been revised.

SSB from Feb 2020 will be classified under the Income Category.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/deposits/multiplier-terms-and-conditions-update-notice-dbs.pdf

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DBS Multiplier Criteria had been revised.

SSB from Feb 2020 will be classified under the Income Category.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/deposits/multiplier-terms-and-conditions-update-notice-dbs.pdf

oh no:(
another one poof :(

josc36

Reaction score
Dbs multiplier. Bond ladder is buy just $500 or whatever amount of SSB bond for 6 mth, then it will auto run itself for 10 years. That will hit the dbs multiplier invest criteria for 10 years...

From Feb 2020 onwards, SSB ladder dividend crediting will be considered as "income" category, together with salary crediting. So u cant hit the investment category anymore with SSB ladder. U either use SSB ladder OR Salary to hit "income" category. Investment category will only consider UT purchases, RSP or buying stocks.

mdax23

Reaction score
Citibank Maxigain Account is as good as dead, even its dedicated thread is now DBS Multiplier disscussion thread. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.