Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it that bad? did a quick workout (interest x12 / balance), interest still around 2%, about 0.4% drop

i assume u did not withdraw on 1 Dec and maintained same amount throughout ?

if so, next month would adjust down to next calculation (per wira)

laurent_rio

Reaction score
I kena account interest fee 15 sgd, cant close on yesterday since still on vacation. Do you think can get back that 15 sgd fee ?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No i put there about 30$ left, since i am afraid they will blacklisted me if my account become negative

You just left the money there for them to deduct then? You can try to appeal for unlikely they will refund the $15.

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woohoo, zeroed the account and got the free cashier order to open HSBC account just next door in Holland V. Haha.

Wonder how much outflow they got hit in these 2 months

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woohoo, zeroed the account and got the free cashier order to open HSBC account just next door in Holland V. Haha.

Wonder how much outflow they got hit in these 2 months

some will still use it as a saving account. since interest still better than normal bank.

happykapy

Reaction score
What did you end up doing ?
In similar boat.

Currently have

60k on BOC smartsaver ($1500 spending) 3.55%pa
75k on UOB one ($500 spending) 2.43%pa
125k on citi maxigain 1.5% max after Jan

I'm studying as options you guys share at the moment. It's a disappointment to remove maxigain from the game.

here's my options:

1. Shift the 125k to maybank isavvy and scb esaver for 1.9% for the next 2 months

2. Shift either BOC or UOB funds with 125k (maxigain) to hsbc premier for the 2% base interest and additional 2% for 100k $800 spend for the next 3 months

if you were me, what do you do? thanks for advise though!

merlot6230

Reaction score
Interest now is 0.5x1.75 + 0.6 = 1.475%

i m okay to hold on at maxigain since i read so many complicate shift here n there after a few month, take up too much time and effort.

since i m pending for the cash top up so i rather stay on unless i see another saving account higher then 1.5% instead of fixed deposit, structure endw or step saving gimick.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I kinda give up on maxigain as there are others with easy 1.9% interest for 2-mth and so on, just merry-go-round. easier now with $200k daily transfer limit and FAST.

so it's back to eSaver/iSavvy for those who're already familiar.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying!!! Dun wanna get dizzy sigh merry go round and ever changing interest rate.

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some will still use it as a saving account. since interest still better than normal bank.

You meant higher than the normal bank like POSB Savings 0.05% p.a?

It's just because the normal bank is not normal anymore ....

:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.