harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my interest drop half... think i want to close it and open in other bank

rottingapple

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im surprised still got ppl keep money inside maxigain. Time to move funds to other acc/bank!

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the contrary I think it's not that bad. Yes there are better ones out there but at least maxigain gives u the flexibility to withdraw if u need to.
my interest drop half... think i want to close it and open in other bank

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT

vsvs24

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the contrary I think it's not that bad. Yes there are better ones out there but at least maxigain gives u the flexibility to withdraw if u need to.

Huh ? Maxigain is the least flexible for withdrawal. Counter drop if withdraw more than interest.

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh ? Maxigain is the least flexible for withdrawal. Counter drop if withdraw more than interest.
Agree but at least can still withdraw. If really need to withdraw for rainy days, then just close the account and look for others. But if you have not withdrawn, I think ~1.5% flexibility is still ok

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree but at least can still withdraw. If really need to withdraw for rainy days, then just close the account and look for others. But if you have not withdrawn, I think ~1.5% flexibility is still ok

maybank isavvy 1.9% give you the ability to withdraw. scb esaver 1.7% allow you to withdraw. even the new hl isavings give you 1.98% to withdraw. All 3 accounts allow you to withdraw more than just the interest, except the float amount. the fact is maxigain has been very average since the change of TOC last dec.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
How come still got people using maxigain. Already moved to isavvy since 1st dec

Just let this thread die

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
I just checked HL bank one it states '*Terms & Conditions apply.
Interest rate of up to 1.98% p.a. will apply for the first S$200,000 daily balance. These interest rates are effective from 1 February to 30 April 2020 and apply to individual depositors only.'

After that what??

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like SBC also same...

'From now till 31 March 2020, earn up to 1.70% p.a. interest on eligible deposit balance of S$1 million with no lock-in period when you bring in incremental fresh funds* (compared to January 2020’s average daily balance).'

This type of T&C see already sian liao.

vsvs24

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just checked HL bank one it states '*Terms & Conditions apply.
Interest rate of up to 1.98% p.a. will apply for the first S$200,000 daily balance. These interest rates are effective from 1 February to 30 April 2020 and apply to individual depositors only.'

After that what??

After that May to Jul keep $1000 to avoid fall below fee and early closure fee $30 (if close within 6 mths).

I wait and see what isavvy offer on 1 Mar.

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
After that May to Jul keep $1000 to avoid fall below fee and early closure fee $30 (if close within 6 mths).

I wait and see what isavvy offer on 1 Mar.

So after april what's the interest rate for HL bank ? Seems like this HL isaving works the same as maybank isavy

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is 10K instead of 1K

you sure bro? cos someone else in the other thread says it's a savings account and min. 1k wor. the person tried to flame me for fake news (when it wasn't even me who shared the min. amount).

better get confirmation with the bank than infer from the website.

merlot6230

Reaction score
150k only ~$185 for jan

actually i didn't follow the mass who terminate the citibank account since mine is 150k with full counter at 1.5% while the rest is fixed deposit instead of saving acc whereby i got the option to treat as liquid fund for emergency.

no doubt i can get higher then 1.5% from other bank but either short term like HL and fixed deposit like maybank.

also i need to stay put to earn cash bonus of $150 for fresh fund top up.

i will only move if other bank with saving acc of abov e 1.5% but not fixed deposit nor short term like HL 1.9#% which divide by 3mth and stay put for another several mth - so not a good deal to me.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still staying with Maxi also...1.49% is decent, just sit and $ come in..

if there's another bank with the same TNC, please inform...willing to jump other to sit also..

vsvs24

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still staying with Maxi also...1.49% is decent, just sit and $ come in..

if there's another bank with the same TNC, please inform...willing to jump other to sit also..

FD can sit 12 mths....or even 24 mths.

sgdividends

Reaction score
Citibank damn jialat.

How come 100k one shot transfer default to giro take 2-3 working days

Break up 50k and 50k is fast transfer.

Through app.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.