How come 100k one shot transfer default to giro take 2-3 working days

Break up 50k and 50k is fast transfer.

Through app.

Their max for fast xfer is 50k.
Amount above that they use giro to transfer :(

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i didn't follow the mass who terminate the citibank account since mine is 150k with full counter at 1.5% while the rest is fixed deposit instead of saving acc whereby i got the option to treat as liquid fund for emergency.

no doubt i can get higher then 1.5% from other bank but either short term like HL and fixed deposit like maybank.

also i need to stay put to earn cash bonus of $150 for fresh fund top up.

i will only move if other bank with saving acc of abov e 1.5% but not fixed deposit nor short term like HL 1.9#% which divide by 3mth and stay put for another several mth - so not a good deal to me.

i yet to move too. true, it a good liquidity fund when in need of cash.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i yet to move too. true, it a good liquidity fund when in need of cash.

Liquidity without penalty is only the monthly interest. If u draw out more than that, there is a "penalty" of halving your counter which lowers the effective interest rate significantly.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i had only 15K inside
interest used to had $14+ per mth but now become $7+

Applebonkers

Reaction score
I transferred most of my fund out and only left 15k to grow the counter. Shall move the fund back if interest is attractive next time.

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
I have slightly over 20k in maxigain but the interest given for jan 2020 is not as good as the good old days. any other acc to recommend?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have slightly over 20k in maxigain but the interest given for jan 2020 is not as good as the good old days. any other acc to recommend?

"Good old days"? :s11:

Guess you didn't notice not getting any base interest on your $20k for the last 12 months? Since the minimum to do so was increased to $70k way back in Jan 2019.

If so, you were only getting 1.2%pa bonus interest then, and should be getting 0.6%pa now. Perhaps CIMB Fastsaver? 20k will get you 1.0%pa there.

vsvs24

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not able to read BT in full. What official reason did they cite for his resignation?

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
Jus open HL isaving accounts as an alternative for maxigain. Intend to move some funds over to HL to keep below 75k. Currently at max counter now, counter will drop to 6 if I move funds out right ? Is it a wise choice to move out funds at max counter or just keep it as it is.

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am at maximum counter now. If I withdraw some money, it will drop to counter 6. If I withdraw again, it should drop to 6 again, not drop to 1 right?

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am at maximum counter now. If I withdraw some money, it will drop to counter 6. If I withdraw again, it should drop to 6 again, not drop to 1 right?

Drop to 6. Since their revise of bonus interest end last year. The pay out is not great anymore.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I just moved out to AVIVA fd 2.38pa for 3 years..still keeping some fund in Maxigain..

counter 6 is 1.2% ?? still higher then CIMB and most bank...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.