HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #5671
Supremacy Member

Every month $150 from month 1 or when it step up to max?
the first month u get 1.8xx% (1m Sibor) x 0.7 = 1.26% pa

with 150k, the interest is $157.50 a month

every month thereafter, as counter grows, u get 0.1% more each month or $12.5 more pre month, until u hit $150

so max interest would be about $300++ each month, ceteris paribus.
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #5672

Anyone have a good banker for Citi Priority to recommend to me ? Pls PM me the name and the branch.

I still having problems with my topup rebate for Feb topup. First my banker say by end Jun. On 2 Jul she say check with relevant dept will be credited in 2 or 3 weeks time. I just whatsapp her to ask why still not credited she replied she left Citibank. Say will ask new banker to assist me. I say please pass my details to new banker she say pass already. I ask for name and contact of new banker she say the bank will assign.

I face the same situation. My personal banker left and the new one says no handover and claims ignorance
battledome64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #5673
Arch-Supremacy Member

increasing..

i dont know what's the max..
but so far, i have been receiving every month to the account..

and its good
So far mine is $250-280. Almost cap in terms of capital due to last month inject another 20k. Not sure the latest 280 interest inclusive of the 20k i injected in last month or not.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5A using GAGT

Last edited by rottingapple; 25-07-2019 at 01:07 PM..
rottingapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #5674

I face the same situation. My personal banker left and the new one says no handover and claims ignorance
I called the hotline this morning and they say a new Banker has been assigned. CSO says she will email the new Banker and arrange for Callback. New Banker called within an hour and certainly sound more knowledgeable than the ex-Banker. After gathering info from me and going through my transactions, she said she need to check and will revert. Just got a call from her that the reason for not getting the top up rebate for the Joint account is that the primary holder of the joint account (my sister) was not upgraded to Priority which is a requirement for the top up rebate. I had clearly reminded my ex-Banker that need to upgrade to priority when we signed the form. New Banker says she will put up request to credit the topup rebate and will monitor and inform me when it is credited which is estimated to be in the next few days.

So this change of Banker is truly blessing in disguise for me. The ex-banker doesn't know her work and is hopeless. I know this from the moment when she told me counter will drop if I withdraw interest which I know is not true. When I first met her, she don't even know about the topup promo and I had to give her the link. Then she say just topup will do and I had to tell her must complete a form. And then she still can miss out upgrading to priority.

So demand your new Banker to check up for you. If there is no handover he just have to analyse all over again like my new Banker.
luvpraline likes this.

Last edited by vsvs24; 25-07-2019 at 06:01 PM..
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #5675

So far mine is $250-280. Almost cap in terms of capital due to last month inject another 20k. Not sure the latest 280 interest inclusive of the 20k i injected in last month or not.

wow.. you must have more than 150K inside then??

i only have 80k and its only giving me $160+++ per month
Old 26-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #5676
Arch-Supremacy Member

wow.. you must have more than 150K inside then??

i only have 80k and its only giving me $160+++ per month
No. Mine is short of 4k before reaching 150k

rottingapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #5677

sorry to ask again...

i got around 30++ k in the account currently, so i topup 40k today then i auto will become city priority customer to earn up to 2.2%?

If based on 70k, 2.2%, i roughly will get at least $128 monthly, correct?

and as long as i withdraw $100 which is less than the monthly interest amount $128,,,the counter will not drop...
Old 26-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #5678

increasing..

i dont know what's the max..
but so far, i have been receiving every month to the account..

and its good
I mean $150/month from 1st month with 70k?
boredboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #5679

sorry to ask again...

i got around 30++ k in the account currently, so i topup 40k today then i auto will become city priority customer to earn up to 2.2%?

and as long as i withdraw $100 which is less than the monthly interest amount $128,,,the counter will not drop...
There is a topup promo now but I am not sure if it applies to Maxigain.
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/inve...s_newfund1.htm

Tnc https://www.citibank.com.sg/topup/te...VTNTLtermsRENE
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #5680
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry to ask again...

You will only get base interest of 70% sibor 1-month for days you have at least $70,000 balance

You will only get bonus interest based on the lowest end-of-day balance in the month. And the bonus interest rate depends which is the step-up interest rate u are at.
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #5681

You have 1 month to withdraw before the next interests credit in.

If no withdrawal after the next interests credited in, the new lowest balance will be $150k + the interest amount that is not withdrawn.

You can't bring it back to $150k without affecting the counter, which will drop to 6 if you do.

It a must to withdraw the interest, so make a reminder alarm.
Is it possible to set up auto interest withdrawal to keep max balance at 150k?

Last time I tried to set up future dated transfer from Citibank to other bank, and it was really strange. Debit money from the Citibank account, then only a few days later then reach my other receiving bank. What happened to the money in 'transit' during those few days? Apparently it is not "FAST" for future dated transfers.
Intel888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #5682

Is it possible to set up auto interest withdrawal to keep max balance at 150k?

Last time I tried to set up future dated transfer from Citibank to other bank, and it was really strange. Debit money from the Citibank account, then only a few days later then reach my other receiving bank. What happened to the money in 'transit' during those few days? Apparently it is not "FAST" for future dated transfers.
More importantly how do you determine the amount to set auto transfer out as every month the amount differs.

Sent from Xiaomi MI A2 using GAGT
a4973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 11:19 PM   #5683

I called the hotline this morning and they say a new Banker has been assigned. CSO says she will email the new Banker and arrange for Callback. New Banker called within an hour and certainly sound more knowledgeable than the ex-Banker. After gathering info from me and going through my transactions, she said she need to check and will revert. Just got a call from her that the reason for not getting the top up rebate for the Joint account is that the primary holder of the joint account (my sister) was not upgraded to Priority which is a requirement for the top up rebate. I had clearly reminded my ex-Banker that need to upgrade to priority when we signed the form. New Banker says she will put up request to credit the topup rebate and will monitor and inform me when it is credited which is estimated to be in the next few days.

So this change of Banker is truly blessing in disguise for me. The ex-banker doesn't know her work and is hopeless. I know this from the moment when she told me counter will drop if I withdraw interest which I know is not true. When I first met her, she don't even know about the topup promo and I had to give her the link. Then she say just topup will do and I had to tell her must complete a form. And then she still can miss out upgrading to priority.

So demand your new Banker to check up for you. If there is no handover he just have to analyse all over again like my new Banker.
These guys are jokers and donít seem to take things seriously

Since I upgraded to priority last year they never send me the new card. So I requested for it and they gave me an SMRT debit card
battledome64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 06:58 AM   #5684
Master Member

There is a topup promo now but I am not sure if it applies to Maxigain.
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/inve...s_newfund1.htm

Tnc https://www.citibank.com.sg/topup/te...VTNTLtermsRENE
Thanks for alert.
Cash rebate for this top up is even more attractive than CNY top-up promo.
Squaredot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #5685

Anyone saw news on Citi bank ?
foxer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.