Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Reaction score
You can take out all the money and leave the account empty? Will there be a penalty charge?
i rmbed wrongly, it was more than 2 months ago.

but no, i didnt get any penalty

transferred everything out in Mid-July 2021.
Then End-July got credited $17 interest based on Jun's balance
earned one cent interest every month after that.
no penalty all these months.

jinsatkilife

Reaction score
im thinking of opening citi account just to get the debit card and claim shopee voucher

seems like this maxigain got fall below fee but i cant find it anywhere on their website

BBQ99

Reaction score
You can close the account using the secure message option in the Bank app (top right corner if i rem correctly)
after all the money is transferred out.
in the message option Indicate 3 thing.
1. the Bank account you would want to close
2.Waive off any floating interest to the bank (best do on the 1st of the month floating = 0)
3. Give reason for closing (I say for investment)

Check the message at the end of the day. They will reply they will process the request to close.
or if any action item they need you to do.
If you have no more acct or CC you will not be able to log in once they close.
If not the account will be gone in around 3 working days.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
im thinking of opening citi account just to get the debit card and claim shopee voucher

seems like this maxigain got fall below fee but i cant find it anywhere on their website
Citi is very strict when it comes to fall below fee, $15 charged if 15k minimum balance not maintained.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
take note:

Dear customer, from 1 Mar 2023, 2 business days' advance notice will be required for cash withdrawals of S$200k and above. You may do so via Citiphone hotline at +65 6225 5225 daily between 8am to 8pm or in Citibank branches from Mon to Fri (excl PH), 9.30am to 3.30pm. Any advance notice submitted after 2pm will be deemed as the next business day's notice.

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
take note:

Dear customer, from 1 Mar 2023, 2 business days' advance notice will be required for cash withdrawals of S$200k and above. You may do so via Citiphone hotline at +65 6225 5225 daily between 8am to 8pm or in Citibank branches from Mon to Fri (excl PH), 9.30am to 3.30pm. Any advance notice submitted after 2pm will be deemed as the next business day's notice.

Citibank low in fund? Need to give them heads-up now.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s for cash withdrawal. They don’t want to have to standby so much cash at their branches for some idiot who wants to withdraw more than $200k in cash.
Ya. Who will need so much cash in this new era.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.