HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree651Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #6916
Supremacy Member

Did you nett off the reversed fast transfers?
e.g. 10x1k fast transfer outward, 1x1k fast transfer (rev)
Its very simple for me to keep track.

I withdraw 100K out, my recieve bank only get 99K even up to now.

Its very simple why I had 100.7K (with interest) and I end up 99.7K after I am left with $1 in citibank account.

Yes I only left $1 now. So there is no reason to explain anything.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:07 PM   #6917

just my guess that rottingapple's $4.90 is the base interest for 2 days in dec.
he probably did not get anything from the accrued Nov bonus interest, probably forfeited.
CSO quoted me around the $4 too. But she said I cannot get it unless I wait until end of the month to close it.
deepblueli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:26 PM   #6918
Supremacy Member

Its very simple why I had 100.7K (with interest) and I end up 99.7K after I am left with $1 in citibank account.

Is there any possibility that you selected the wrong destination for one of the transfers?

My first thought would be to check if all the transfers has the same destination account, and perhaps just check one account above and below your destination account in the drop down list if the funds landed there instead.
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:42 PM   #6919
Banned

Or maybe it could be your receiving bank got problem?
RMCWMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:57 PM   #6920

once ur balance is below 70k you get no bonus interest already, including the step up bonus
you will still get the step up bonus interest based on counter 6 right?
the minimum required balance is $1 for step up bonus interest., 70k is for base interest (i.e. SIBOR 70%)

From terms,
5. Interest at the Base Interest Rate will accrue daily, if you maintain at least S$70,000 in your MaxiGain account, based
on the daily end of day balance and will be paid on the last day of the month.

Nowhere mentioned about minimum balance needed for bonus stepup interest.

Last edited by curious_moo; 03-12-2019 at 05:06 PM..
curious_moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #6921
Arch-Supremacy Member

just my guess that rottingapple's $4.90 is the base interest for 2 days in dec.
he probably did not get anything from the accrued Nov bonus interest, probably forfeited.
Ya i think i forfeited the interest for nov.
$4.90 is for 1 &2 dec.

Did you close at the branch or call the hotline?
I went down to the waterwaypoint branch to close it.
rottingapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #6922

just to share my experience -

rm also called me to discuss other citibank products. i said not interested

i was at counter 9, so moved most of my funds into cimb fd 3 month tenure (1.7% interest) yesterday

this morning i wanted to move out my remaining funds but got locked out of citibank online banking. live chat was down, couldn’t call thru hotline either so i went straight to the citibank branch.

they unlocked online banking on the spot, FAST out rest of my funds and closed acct. interest for dec 1&2 they paid me in cash.

easier and less headache to do in person. think online banking will keep having problems + jan 2020 will have 2nd mass exodus
orkestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:27 PM   #6923
Supremacy Member

Is there any possibility that you selected the wrong destination for one of the transfers?

My first thought would be to check if all the transfers has the same destination account, and perhaps just check one account above and below your destination account in the drop down list if the funds landed there instead.
There is only 1 payee in my Maxigain acct.

I only create 1 payee in order to minimise error or send wrong. Right from start I always believe one day i may close the Citibank acct so I wont add more than 1 payee.

It is foolproof to a point no way I can make mistake.

I recieve call from citibank that the investigation have finish and they will refund me $1000 by 11.59pm today.

Now the million $ qn is, should i put $1 and keep till dec 31 before i close it.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #6924
Master Member

Will take how long to reach 2.1%?

If today open isavvy and throw 75k funds can work towards the 2.1% ?
droozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #6925

Will take how long to reach 2.1%?
It's immediate for Dec only. Interest to be determined for Jan onwards
bryan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #6926

I only create 1 payee in order to minimise error or send wrong. Right from start I always believe one day i may close the Citibank acct so I wont add more than 1 payee.

I recieve call from citibank that the investigation have finish and they will refund me $1000 by 11.59pm today.

Now the million $ qn is, should i put $1 and keep till dec 31 before i close it.
Before Citibank refund tonight, your Dec lowest balance is already $0 on 2nd-Dec ?

Last edited by vddgnd; 03-12-2019 at 06:02 PM..
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:26 PM   #6927
Supremacy Member

Well, sounds like the problem was indeed Citi.

If this happened to me, I would push it a little further; asking for an explanation (in writing) on how this happened, and what will Citi do to prevent a similar incident from happening to someone else again in future.

But at the end of the day, if it's clear you're no longer going to be a client, you probably won't have the clout to force them to give you an answer.
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:49 PM   #6928
Supremacy Member

It's scary that "FAST out" got deducted but there is no receipt of funds at receiving bank.

FAST protocol should not commit to outgoing bank deduction if receiving bank never acknowledge receipt.

Perhaps Citi FAST coding is wonky.

My layman 2 cents.
tmkedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:48 PM   #6929
Supremacy Member

you will still get the step up bonus interest based on counter 6 right?
the minimum required balance is $1 for step up bonus interest., 70k is for base interest (i.e. SIBOR 70%)

From terms,
5. Interest at the Base Interest Rate will accrue daily, if you maintain at least S$70,000 in your MaxiGain account, based
on the daily end of day balance and will be paid on the last day of the month.

Nowhere mentioned about minimum balance needed for bonus stepup interest.
No won't get step up bonus because to qualify you need the balance to be equal or higher than previous month. No need minimum is correct.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
ashethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:22 PM   #6930
Supremacy Member

Thank u for creating account to share your 1st virgin post on Citibank.

List of problems reported here :
1. wonky FAST transfers

2. hardware token out of sync (in that you dutifully key in the token 6 digit code, yet Citi say it is invalid, and need to ask Citi for help to sync the token, reset password, making u jump thru' hoops just to get online to do your stuff),

3. unexplained "kenna lock out of online login"

just too many problems on 1st Dec.

Not specific to 1st Dec :

1. >$50k FAST using app gets silently converted to GIRO without asking for customer consent.

just to share my experience -

rm also called me to discuss other citibank products. i said not interested

i was at counter 9, so moved most of my funds into cimb fd 3 month tenure (1.7% interest) yesterday

this morning i wanted to move out my remaining funds but got locked out of citibank online banking. live chat was down, couldn’t call thru hotline either so i went straight to the citibank branch.

they unlocked online banking on the spot, FAST out rest of my funds and closed acct. interest for dec 1&2 they paid me in cash.

easier and less headache to do in person. think online banking will keep having problems + jan 2020 will have 2nd mass exodus
tmkedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.