HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree662Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2020, 02:28 PM   #7786
Master Member

now the max intrest pay is 70k .... not like last time 150k....
foxer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 03:32 PM   #7787
Arch-Supremacy Member

surprise still got people using this...
Old 15-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #7788

now the max intrest pay is 70k .... not like last time 150k....
I understand that in the past the MaxiGain account was way better in terms of returns (Base interest is based on SIBOR rate), but the criteria was quite prohibitive for me to join, if you do not have 70k, you do not get the base (SIBOR rate) interest (not too sure if can get the step-up bonus interest if you have below 70k, correct me if I'm wrong because I did not pay much attention to this MaxiGain account as it was not suitable for me back then).

With effect from 1 October 2020, the new requirements is actually more suitable for me, as long as you can leave 15k inside for the TRB to prevent fall below fee, let the interest counter step-up progressively over 12 months to 0.61%. Hopefully the interest don't drop further. Assuming the interest rate of 12 counters stays at 0.61%, it will be better than CIMB FastSaver of 0.3%.

Different people have different uses for the wide variety of such deposit accounts products ba. Just like how some would prefer UOB One Account over OCBC 360, some prefer DBS Multiplier over UOB One etc...
Old 15-12-2020, 09:28 PM   #7789
Supremacy Member

I understand that in the past the MaxiGain account was way better in terms of returns (Base interest is based on SIBOR rate), but the criteria was quite prohibitive for me to join, if you do not have 70k, you do not get the base (SIBOR rate) interest (not too sure if can get the step-up bonus interest if you have below 70k, correct me if I'm wrong because I did not pay much attention to this MaxiGain account as it was not suitable for me back then).

With effect from 1 October 2020, the new requirements is actually more suitable for me, as long as you can leave 15k inside for the TRB to prevent fall below fee, let the interest counter step-up progressively over 12 months to 0.61%. Hopefully the interest don't drop further. Assuming the interest rate of 12 counters stays at 0.61%, it will be better than CIMB FastSaver of 0.3%.

Different people have different uses for the wide variety of such deposit accounts products ba. Just like how some would prefer UOB One Account over OCBC 360, some prefer DBS Multiplier over UOB One etc...
yeah bro you happy can le, i also happy my money at RHB High Yield, no need to climb 12 months already more interest liao
Old 15-12-2020, 09:56 PM   #7790
Arch-Supremacy Member

so how much savings and how much EIR are you getting now ? we can give you advise..

RHB of 0.8% already sweep citibank out of competition
Old 16-12-2020, 08:47 AM   #7791

RHB of 0.8% already sweep citibank out of competition
RHB app has ridiculously stringent security requirements. It refuses to work with a lot of apps. I chose not to give up my favorite keyboard just to get additional ~$14 interest per month.
PC-User is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 08:49 AM   #7792

So you imagined Maxigain should already have 0 customer??
Old 20-01-2021, 03:55 PM   #7793
Supremacy Member

Planning to close mine soon. So the step would be withdraw all then contact customer support to close it right?
Shutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 04:56 PM   #7794
Great Supremacy Member

There is endowus and stashaway. Both easily more than 1%++... Singlife 2%...
Not sure what’s the point of this account.
Shutterfly likes this.

Most efficient use of time is networking, not hardworking. -Perisher
Perisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 06:20 PM   #7795
Supremacy Member

You are right.. Waiting for the next month interest to come in then will withdraw all.
Shutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 01:47 PM   #7796

There are people who maximize multiple accounts.
Old 26-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #7797
Great Supremacy Member

There are people who maximize multiple accounts.
I know but endowus, stashaway and other robo mmf account has no upper limit... even for a multi account user...

Most efficient use of time is networking, not hardworking. -Perisher
Perisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 08:48 PM   #7798

my mum still using this. I told her Robo has higher interest but she dun trust it. Still prefer putting her money in banks for the 75k coverage

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 8 PRO using GAGT
Shutterfly likes this.
JetStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 08:56 PM   #7799

my mum still using this. I told her Robo has higher interest but she dun trust it. Still prefer putting her money in banks for the 75k coverage

she heypi can liao. more impt is she can sleep well at night. put in robo maybe everyday will insomnia thinking about the money
Shutterfly likes this.
tesarise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 09:07 PM   #7800

yea agree. used to have 150k in Citibank. now take out left 70k the rest put in uob stash lol

JetStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.