HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree570Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2017, 09:28 PM   #796

Had previously posted in April on getting account funded on the same day.
Repost the link below:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/10...6-post711.html
Actually I'm damn dulan now because I lose 1 month interest about 100 bucks.

1) banker did not inform .
2) my other family members brought more than 300 k in cash to open but they were discouraged to use cash as they can't handle the volume. I therefore used my cheque to ease their burden.
3) the banker asked me to go back because he forgot to ask me to sign a form 6 days later, so by right the account should be opened on 6 days later and the cheque is cleared before that. Could the account be opened if not all the signatures are signed ? And I wasted my trip down because the banker forgot to tell me to sign 1 form
4) I went on a Saturday at 1.3pm. And from CSO my account was opened on a Saturday. Can meh?

Now disputing...Bloody hell..Be a good person is no use.
I don't think I sound like a brat because the bankers actually advised us that there is too much cash and cheque is better.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by sgdividends; 30-05-2017 at 09:54 PM..
sgdividends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 09:48 PM   #797

So yeah, turns out it was a huge smoke grenade I got today.

Called up Citi after I got back to office and they were quite concerned over what I heard. Got a call back from a sales manager later in the evening to explain that:

1.) full service branch do accept cash
2.) no "imminent changes" to T&Cs but seems its about the free gift being changed for depositing 70k upfront. I thought the sales manager was trying to cover for the dude at the branch, but I let that pass.

Anyway, I appreciate the urgency with which they addressed my questions, but whole thing still seems shady. The dude that told me all that crap at the branch was not saying anything close to what the sales manager was.

I'd do what tmkedw advised here, and just deposit 15k cash upfront. Be insistent that you want to open the account as it seems some of the branch people know less about their own product than the forummers here. I can see why sgdividends got pissed; I'd be too.

MikeDirnt - thanks for the offer but I'm nowhere near priority so don't think your RM would be interested haha.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
wealth_farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #798

And to further add to my point.

I opened on Saturday 1.30pm. it was a roadshow. The branch is closed at 12 pm. So large deposits over the counter is not possible . Only by cash deposit machines .

This is a trick meant to scam us ( me of 100 bucks) ..

Unless u want to spent time depositing 100 k plus into a cash deposit machine , it's PREPROGRAMMED to make u lose 1 month of interest ....
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #799
Greater Supremacy Member

And to further add to my point.

I opened on Saturday 1.30pm. it was a roadshow. The branch is closed at 12 pm. So large deposits over the counter is not possible . Only by cash deposit machines .

This is a trick meant to scam us ( me of 100 bucks) ..

Unless u want to spent time depositing 100 k plus into a cash deposit machine , it's PREPROGRAMMED to make u lose 1 month of interest ....
Just curious, If I open on middle of the month then deposit on the next day or before end of the month? Will I lose a month of interest?

Why say they preprogrammed us to lose 1 month interest? Can verify?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #800

Just curious, If I open on middle of the month then deposit on the next day or before end of the month? Why say they preprogrammed us to lose 1 month interest? Can verify?
Must cash in on the day u sign in the paper.

For me on that day, because the roadshow is after the branch opening hours and for priority , u need at least 100k. So how to put in 100k plus when the counter is closed??

1 option fast transfer , but other banks got cap of 20k or 50k
OR cash deposit machine

Basically,the banker should have informed me . I didn't expect the account to be opened on a Saturday after branch hours also.

Anyway, I'm going to dispute on the fact that I didn't complete signing all the forms so technically my account should not be opened . If I don't get what I want, will bring up to MAS to see if Citibank went afoul of opening my account without all signatures properly done. I have SMS with the banker asking me to come down to sign 6 days later. ( My funds were in 3 days before I complete the signature)
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 10:14 PM   #801

So if I open on 10th of may, and I deposit or transfer on 11th may, I will lose one month of interest? Only if I deposit on 10th may then I will get interest for month of may?

Wah I did not know about this, thanks tomorrow I go call citibank make complaint also
YES.

Because I opened on Saturday 1.30pm.
Today I called CSO, she say it was opened on Saturday
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #802

So if I open on 10th of may, and I deposit or transfer on 11th may, I will lose one month of interest? Only if I deposit on 10th may then I will get interest for month of may?

Wah I did not know about this, thanks tomorrow I go call citibank make complaint also or will bring up to Mas too
Dude..U got what case to bring up to MAS?

Mine is open account without all signature proper.

Yours is CS issue..

But we are a team on this...Pls make noise..I will update u..And u update me ok steady bom pi pi
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #803

Eh sorry..I thought u said complaint to MAS..
I really pissed now and crying also...Tears make me see wrongly
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 10:27 PM   #804

Sinkie, I said something wrongly.

I didn't lose 100 bucks...Maybe around 12 bucks..

It seems I only lose the bonus interest for 1 month. Base interest still will be paid on the 1 month.

Now feeling better..Stop crying Liao.

No need wanbao..

I got base interest credited
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 10:31 PM   #805
Greater Supremacy Member

It seems I only lose the bonus interest for 1 month. Base interest still will be paid on the 1 month.

No need wanbao..

yes la, u really shock me that for $12, u also want make hoohaa on it !
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #806
Greater Supremacy Member

No need wanbao..

haha, infact i am now waiting for my counter=6 to withdraw $55,000 so to keep the balance of $15,000 inside until counter=12. find the priority useless actually..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #807
Master Member

well citibank is an international bank so I'd expect higher standards from them, but seems like all their CSO/personal bankers cmi.....
~Dragonite~ likes this.
koja6049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #808

yes la, u really shock me that for $12, u also want make hoohaa on it !
Yeah I made a mistake about the amount but the points are valid .

In the interest of world peace, guess will just forget about it ....Time to eat some prawns
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 31-05-2017, 07:46 AM   #809

Hi for this account , after 12th month what will happen, will the interest still 2% p.a or reset to 0.8% again ?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
laurent_rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #810
Supremacy Member

Hi for this account , after 12th month what will happen, will the interest still 2% p.a or reset to 0.8% again ?
see the replies above
~Dragonite~ likes this.
heng_ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.