HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree593Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #76
Supremacy Member

Go branch open is immediate? I went to tiong bahru branch, the staff say must wait for mailer.. How come like that? Is it must go to those main branch?
Tiong Bahru is what Citibank called an Instant Banking Centre.

Opening a maxigain account there is ironically not instant lah, they actually batch the form that you signed and send them for processing elsewhere and can take a week before your account is created.
Its best to do your account opening at a full service branch.
tmkedmw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #77

Opening a maxigain account there is ironically not instant lah, they actually batch the form that you signed and send them for processing elsewhere and can take a week before your account is created.
Punggol waterway is it in operation?
Cloudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:05 PM   #78

huh? i opened my account on the spot at a ulu branch...no need to fill up any forms as the staff said just sign on the documents and she will fill in the rest. this works if you already have an account with citi
How come your side so good 1... jialat man... i went to check at Jurong east branch today, I ask the xmm staff can help me to expedite anot.
Told her I open the account at tiong bahru branch, she help me to call the staff there to check the status but in short, still have to wait for the mailer envelope after talking to the tiong bahru branch staff. ...the citi bank xmm ask me urgent anot, tempted to tell her I rugi 1 week interest.

The tiong bahru branch staff ask so many questions somemore, monthly income, company name etc. may becos I am a new customer... so cannot open the account on the same day

ps: no chiobu there also...

Do I need to open another esaver account too? Will it be instant?

Last edited by Singleton; 02-03-2016 at 05:09 PM..
Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #79
Supremacy Member

Punggol waterway is it in operation?
Don't think so as it is not listed at this url:
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/othe...b_location.htm
Old 02-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #80

Rugi 1 week interest liao since i open on this monday
Old 02-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #81
Supremacy Member

For those who want to track Sibor rates, its available at
http://www.abs.org.sg/rates-sibor

but lagging 7 days.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #82

If I transfer 50k in after the account open, still can get the $200?

After 6 months or earlier, get the $200, i transfer $40k out, still can get the step up interest, as my understanding is that the available balance must be $10k min?
Old 02-03-2016, 07:14 PM   #83
Supremacy Member

If I transfer 50k in after the account open, still can get the $200?

After 6 months or earlier, get the $200, i transfer $40k out, still can get the step up interest, as my understanding is that the available balance must be $10k min?
Transfer money out then step up counter will reset. Minimum you need to wait until your counter is 6 before you do any withdrawal.
doody_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #84
Master Member

I think I saw somebody posted up-thread the T&C that need to maintain $50k for 6 months min (to keep the $200).
chuanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:35 PM   #85
Arch-Supremacy Member

How come your side so good 1... jialat man... i went to check at Jurong east branch today, I ask the xmm staff can help me to expedite anot.
Told her I open the account at tiong bahru branch, she help me to call the staff there to check the status but in short, still have to wait for the mailer envelope after talking to the tiong bahru branch staff. ...the citi bank xmm ask me urgent anot, tempted to tell her I rugi 1 week interest.

The tiong bahru branch staff ask so many questions somemore, monthly income, company name etc. may becos I am a new customer... so cannot open the account on the same day

ps: no chiobu there also...

Do I need to open another esaver account too? Will it be instant?
no idea why like that lei...if i were you, i would have just opened another account at jp and wait to cancel that tiong bahru account if it ever gets created

esaver is instant..but now fresh funds pegged to jan and not feb adb so maybe no need to transfer fresh funds and can use current esaver?
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:37 PM   #86
Arch-Supremacy Member

i thought maxigain is a savings acct? why did they send me a cheque book today? crap got so many cheque books liao hard to track
Old 02-03-2016, 10:29 PM   #87

i thought maxigain is a savings acct? why did they send me a cheque book today? crap got so many cheque books liao hard to track
They want to fake you into making a withdrawal by mistake so less interest to pay

icicic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:31 AM   #88

It's a current account with cheque book and atm/debit card features.

You can tell them that you dun want it when they fill up registration form. I thought the staff will ask your preference when you opened new account ?

magnesium1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #89
Arch-Supremacy Member

They want to fake you into making a withdrawal by mistake so less interest to pay
lol, the cheque book will end up in a carton box along with the others
Old 03-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #90
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's a current account with cheque book and atm/debit card features.

You can tell them that you dun want it when they fill up registration form. I thought the staff will ask your preference when you opened new account ?
i got confused with the name maxigain savings account i guess.

she didn't ask about preference, just asked me to sign on a blank form and she will fill up the rest since i am an existing citi customer. i went back and realised i dont even know what was the maxigain acct number when i logged in to ibanking to do a fast transfer
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.