Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

ixoral

Reaction score
Thank you for all your replies! Am comparing between Citi maxigain and CIMB fastsaver. Fastsaver is probably gd if a person is starting small. But once there’s a stable pool of Min 15k, just head over to Maxigain.

Many of us already done so when acct introduced and now parking up to 150k to enjoy the 2%, but better late than never, while the party is on!

kehyi4

Reaction score
Thanks! from what i read, there must be an incremental $ every month in order for the counter to step up, so i guess leaving the interest in there will save the hassle of worrying that we forgot to "top up"..

So far has the interest been paid on time at the beginning of each month?
Actually, there is NO requirement for incremental balance - you might want to read the TnC or official FAQ carefully instead of 'i heard, I thought, wxyz said so'

rerear

Reaction score
No, didn't do anything except FAST in 15K, no withdrawals nothing. Finally called and CSO say is because i left the account at zero for too long since opening and didn't fund it till recently. Slapped with 15 SGD account service fee for past 3 months. Will be refunded and counter backdated.

fall below fee only when balance is below 15k

so u did not withdraw anything at all & left interest to accumulate ?

sounds strange ... pls share your findings

thanks !

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all your replies! Am comparing between Citi maxigain and CIMB fastsaver. Fastsaver is probably gd if a person is starting small. But once there’s a stable pool of Min 15k, just head over to Maxigain.

I have both. Maxigain good for longer term savings, fastsaver for regular use.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, didn't do anything except FAST in 15K, no withdrawals nothing. Finally called and CSO say is because i left the account at zero for too long since opening and didn't fund it till recently. Slapped with 15 SGD account service fee for past 3 months. Will be refunded and counter backdated.

I think Citibank is quite lenient. My accounts with have been 0 for more than 1 year. But they refused to close it down.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

that explains ... so u funded 15k, got deducted fall below fee in the same month bcos previous month was zero balance and this was repeated for 2 more months before you realised.

so u lost 3 counters but it is good that Citi refund & backdates after all this time

Purplestars

Master Member
Reaction score
BTW, where does it say the minimum balance had to be 15k? From the maxigain T&C the minimum balance is only 10k, I can only find 15k for priority status.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW, where does it say the minimum balance had to be 15k? From the maxigain T&C the minimum balance is only 10k, I can only find 15k for priority status.

The minimum TRB of S$15,000 and the account service fee of S$15 have been
standardised across all of our banking segments, namely, Citibanking, Citi Priority,
Citigold and Citigold Private Client.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The minimum TRB of S$15,000 and the account service fee of S$15 have been
standardised across all of our banking segments, namely, Citibanking, Citi Priority,
Citigold and Citigold Private Client.

Was looking for this too. Thanks. :s12:

So bohbian, but that's extremely high minimum balance sia... :s22:

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rate should be increasing from 2018. those on bank loan will suffer.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ssb for jan 18 already show good sign of rate. hope it really going toward the bull.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.