HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree593Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #91
Arch-Supremacy Member

i got confused with the name maxigain savings account i guess.

she didn't ask about preference, just asked me to sign on a blank form and she will fill up the rest since i am an existing citi customer. i went back and realised i dont even know what was the maxigain acct number when i logged in to ibanking to do a fast transfer
Citi ibank dont show the full account number right?

I need to call CS to get the complete number for me.
mikezuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #92

no idea why like that lei...if i were you, i would have just opened another account at jp and wait to cancel that tiong bahru account if it ever gets created

esaver is instant..but now fresh funds pegged to jan and not feb adb so maybe no need to transfer fresh funds and can use current esaver?
I got ask the je branch xmm can re- open a new one but she ask me to wait for the mail since i got open it at tiong bahru branch...

Now still waiting for the mail, the staff also mention will give me a debit card n cheque book when she ask me i want anot..then i blur bur say ok ..

In short once i got the account setup, i transfer 10k then only can do top up, cannot do any withdrawal within 6 months, after 6 months(counter 6) can do withdrawal but maintain 10k min balance

Last edited by Singleton; 03-03-2016 at 01:40 PM..
Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #93

Why so troublesome..if dont have the full account number how to do the FAST from other bank...

Me new citi bank customer...
Old 03-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #94
Supremacy Member

upon opening at the branch, there shld be a piece of document that shows the account number that the staff shld pass u
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #95
Arch-Supremacy Member

true...initially i called to find out which last 4 digits belonged to the maxisave acct haha

then i had to ask for the complete account number in order to do a fast transfer
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:06 PM   #96
Arch-Supremacy Member

upon opening at the branch, there shld be a piece of document that shows the account number that the staff shld pass u
yeah, this was what i meant earlier...i blur blur signed the blank form and left and only realised when i tried to do a fast transfer later in the day that i needed the account info.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:07 PM   #97
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why so troublesome..if dont have the full account number how to do the FAST from other bank...

Me new citi bank customer...
you should receive the bank documents or cheque book showing the acct number..

for citi interbanking, they just show the last 4 digits on the screen
Old 03-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #98
Supremacy Member

wah lao dont want my business ah?

apply via filling up the online form on sunday. til now 4 business days already nobody bother to call me.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #99
Supremacy Member

wah lao dont want my business ah?

apply via filling up the online form on sunday. til now 4 business days already nobody bother to call me.
Same thing happened to me. They are either too popular or they don't care. I will probably head down to a branch soon to get it done, as long as before March ends I can get a counter
doody_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:52 AM   #100
Master Member

For all the Maxigainers here, just curious that you guys prefer this product over UOB One/OCBC 360/BOC Smartsaver is basically because Maxigain doesn't require to do anything (payment or spending) to get at least 2% (hopefully)?
eDisFieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #101
Supremacy Member

For all the Maxigainers here, just curious that you guys prefer this product over UOB One/OCBC 360/BOC Smartsaver is basically because Maxigain doesn't require to do anything (payment or spending) to get at least 2% (hopefully)?
besides not needing any salary, spend or pay criteria, also banking on increase in sibor in future.

not necessarily a preference of one over the other
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:36 AM   #102
Master Member

Is there a minimum sum to maintain to avoid the account fees? I read in the general TnC that the minimum sum can be 5k, and if not maintained will be charges $10 every month
https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_d...nking_fees.pdf
koja6049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #103
Master Member

But it's a pity, for me at least, that Maxigain balance cannot be lower than the month before.

That's pretty much comparable to FD, which money is "somehow" being locked down in the account. Don't you agree?
eDisFieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #104
Supremacy Member

Yes, no conditions to get up to 2% interest. Also, the cap is 150k for base + bonus interest, but above 150k, you can still earn bonus interest of up to 1.2%.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:01 AM   #105
Supremacy Member

But it's a pity, for me at least, that Maxigain balance cannot be lower than the month before.

That's pretty much comparable to FD, which money is "somehow" being locked down in the account. Don't you agree?
It's not locked cos you can withdraw anytime with no penalty, except losing 6 bonus interest counters, which can be gained back after 6 months.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.