Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Froggyman

Reaction score
For me, it did. If you are new to Citibank Internet banking, you have to wait till you receive the ATM/Debit or Credit Card to register for Internet banking account.

Hi Shpesft,
If i am new customer and without internet banking, that mean i cannot access my account online on that same day of opening account ?
I thought the bank will issue the token on the spot for internet banking.

cokezero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Shpesft,
If i am new customer and without internet banking, that mean i cannot access my account online on that same day of opening account ?

My internet banking was activated on the spot. Heard from the CSO as long if the account name chosen isn't similar with others, it will be approved almost immediately.

As for the physical token, I didn't get any too. Need to download the Citibank app and tab on the generate OTP.

shpesft

Reaction score
Hi Shpesft,

Internet banking is activated for your account on the spot. But Citibank Internet banking needs you to link to a ATM/Debit or Credit Card to create your account. When I opened the accounts for my parents, we opted for Debit Cards for the both of them. The RM could show us at the branch the money has been credited in via FAST (which I did at the branch) to the Maxigain account already but we had to wait for the Debit Card to arrive with the PIN mailer to create an online account to log into Citibank internet banking

Citibank does not issue OTP token and uses Citibank Mobile app or SMS for all their transactions

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet banking is activated for your account on the spot. But Citibank Internet banking needs you to link to a ATM/Debit or Credit Card to create your account. When I opened the accounts for my parents, we opted for Debit Cards for the both of them. The RM could show us at the branch the money has been credited in via FAST (which I did at the branch) to the Maxigain account already but we had to wait for the Debit Card to arrive with the PIN mailer to create an online account to log into Citibank internet banking

Citibank does not issue OTP token and uses Citibank Mobile app or SMS for all their transactions

I have the Citibank Hardware OTP Token. The Token was gotten before I open my Maxigain account.

Previously without hardware OTP Token I could not add a Payee for Transfer.

Last edited:

shpesft

Reaction score
I have the Citibank Hardware OTP Token. The Token was gotten before I open my Maxigain account.

Previously without hardware OTP Token I could not add a Payee for Transfer.

Nowadays Citibank no longer issuing the OTP token. The handphone app has replaced the token in generating OTP for logging in/transfers or adding payee for transfers as well.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one can insist on using hardware token. know someone who had been issued one recently when opening acct.

Froggyman

Reaction score
My internet banking was activated on the spot. Heard from the CSO as long if the account name chosen isn't similar with others, it will be approved almost immediately.

As for the physical token, I didn't get any too. Need to download the Citibank app and tab on the generate OTP.

Thanks for the reply

Froggyman

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
How to avoid those sales pple at citibank if I just want to open account and not apply for credit card?

Walk in, get queue number wait for turn, can the bank teller behind the counter open account for me?

Just keep saying no, they cant do anything no worry :o

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just keep saying no, they cant do anything no worry :o

Yes, the same thing happened to me when I tried to open a bank account for my spouse in Punggol Waterway. The sales people kept telling me that Citibank will expedite the process of account opening if you apply for card.

I walked out of the branch.

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, the same thing happened to me when I tried to open a bank account for my spouse in Punggol Waterway. The sales people kept telling me that Citibank will expedite the process of account opening if you apply for card.

I walked out of the branch.

Sounds dirty.

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going down to open this account tomorrow. Hopefully no salesman push cc to me lol

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You can withdraw without dropping, but you can only withdraw until the account's lowest this month is still higher than last month's lowest. So what you can withdraw is limited.
It won't drop to 6 that way.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.