HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

CPF contribution

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #1

CPF contribution

Hi

1. need some advice. it seems that all jobs even when part time also requires employer cpf contribution. yet i notice many casual and part time jobs or ac hoc jobs do not have cpf contribution by the company. is this still a norm?

2. those food runner and grab drivers, do they have cpf? anyone knows?

3. i am actually looking for part time job eg tutor. if i agree verbally with the company not to pay me cpf, is this still considered 'illegal' on employee/ employer part?
lawlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #2

Hi

1. need some advice. it seems that all jobs even when part time also requires employer cpf contribution. yet i notice many casual and part time jobs or ac hoc jobs do not have cpf contribution by the company. is this still a norm?

2. those food runner and grab drivers, do they have cpf? anyone knows?

3. i am actually looking for part time job eg tutor. if i agree verbally with the company not to pay me cpf, is this still considered 'illegal' on employee/ employer part?
Yes
No
No
bright_84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:46 PM   #3

Thanks.

let me know put it in another way...
I apply for this tutor job but the centre said they wun offer me cpf contribution, so if i tell them up front that its illegal, so it will mean they die die must pay me cpf, else i can report them to cpf board?

and since there is so many company skipping the cpf contribution, why is mom or cpf board not doing anything to warn or penalise them?
Old 09-10-2018, 04:54 PM   #4

As a part timer, is it a requirement that the employer muz give me remuneration (eg leave and medical benefit)?
Old 09-10-2018, 05:07 PM   #5

Not difficult to google actually.

Here is official notes on CPF contribution.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-pr...-contributions

There are other details on questions you have asked. The MOM website is a good place for you to go.
BlueRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #6

It depends on the company hired u as an employee or a vendor of service.
if you're hired as a vendor to provide service, you're liable for your own contribution, like a self-employed.

if you're hired as an employee then they are liable for your CPF.

end of the day, it depends on what's written in the contract of employment.

Thanks.

let me know put it in another way...
I apply for this tutor job but the centre said they wun offer me cpf contribution, so if i tell them up front that its illegal, so it will mean they die die must pay me cpf, else i can report them to cpf board?

and since there is so many company skipping the cpf contribution, why is mom or cpf board not doing anything to warn or penalise them?
keat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #7

not exactly sure the difference between vendor and employee

vendor will oso have to sign contract of service?

yes thanks for the link, juz that overwhelmed to find the info.

wif so many regulations, there are still companys not following ...
Old 09-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #8

and i am sure Mon is aware grabdriver and food runner and flyer distrbuters do not have cog contribution? i assume they are closing eyes despite many co not folllowing regulation?
Old 09-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #9

and i am sure Mon is aware grabdriver and food runner and flyer distrbuters do not have cog contribution? i assume they are closing eyes despite many co not folllowing regulation?
nothing to close eyes.

they're vendors, not employees.

the whole gig economy is built on basis everyone is a vendor. unicorns refuse to pay cost and rather "steal" by not offering employment, or pay rental. examples all over for you to see.
bright_84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:10 PM   #10

They are freelancers, not employee. So no employer cpf contribution.
fr33d0m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Difference between self employed and employed as employee under the company...
Tuckie is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.