HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

CPF OA

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #151
Supremacy Member

I don't particularly care what risks you assume for yourself. But the thread starter is suggesting that his/her mother will end up without a title to any home and without $350K, with the $350K ending up as a gift to the thread starter. (Very, very different than Dork32's scenario.) That means this mother will bear a new, big personal risk, no question. She ends up with title to nothing, zeroed out.

You can laugh all you want, but I don't think it's a funny idea. It's a terrible idea.
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #152

typical edmw people. come here and tok rubbish. 0 contribution
Talk rubbish ? You go look at your own replies and judge yourself lor

Ownself talk to ownself . At least many people heart is prob better than yours
Eighty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #153
Master Member

I don't particularly care what risks you assume for yourself. But the thread starter is suggesting that his/her mother will end up without a title to any home and without $350K, with the $350K ending up as a gift to the thread starter. (Very, very different than Dork32's scenario.) That means this mother will bear a new, big personal risk, no question. She ends up with title to nothing, zeroed out.

You can laugh all you want, but I don't think it's a funny idea. It's a terrible idea.
i beg to differ.

having nothing is not a problem, provided the needs can be satisfied.

our kids have nothing. all their needs are met by us, parents. are our kids bearing a new big personal risk?

replace kids with mom, and parents with kid for the above para.
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #154
Master Member

junior member 88 post so far. probably tok rubbish, kena ban, start a new account again, tok rubbish again.
Old 21-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #155
Master Member

i judge myself. there is nothing wrong with what i am doing.

i am tokkng to you now. is your name ownself

my heart is definitely better than many people here. definitely better than yours.
Old 21-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #156
Master Member

you asked me to go date mummy
you asked me to go take medicine
you say i tok to myself,
you say my heart no good

any of these got any value? you seriously should go back to edmw

i may not agree with bbc. at least he bothers to justify his statement. our views may be different. wat he is posting does make sense from where he is looking from. it does not make sense from my angle though.

bbc say
mom give son hdb
son run away with hdb
mom sleep in the streets
so mom should not give son hdb

dork say
mom give son hdb
son continue to serve mom needs.
mom sleep in hdb
give or no give also no difference.

87 say
dork should have a hot date with mummy because his heart is no good.
Old 21-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #157
Master Member

My sis bought a resale hdb flat in her sole name without loan. Half was paid by me as joint venture but it didn't turn out as planned, though we managed to collect 2 years' rent
arent you afraid your sis is going keep the whole to herself. it is under her name
Old 21-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #158
Master Member

My friend loaned me 500k and I used it to partly pay for my EC and partly to invest in my name without much success
your friend get lawyer to sign iou with you? kena charge interest or not.
Old 21-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #159
Master Member

My father included me as joint account holder with his 100k plus in POSB, though I wanted either my youngest sis or bro to be the joint holder.
what will happen if you run away with this 100k? you poor dad will have zilt, zedo, kosong, nothing.
Old 21-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #160
Master Member

There are many gaps that can be exploited in what henry posted.

but they are a family. they dont sabo each other. they trust each other. no need lawyer, court or anything to ensure that they keep to their part of the deal.
Old 21-09-2018, 03:26 PM   #161

what will happen if you run away with this 100k? you poor dad will have zilt, zedo, kosong, nothing.
Your reply looks contradicting. Own family talk about trust, other people family talk about mistrust.
cheongmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #162
Master Member

Your reply looks contradicting. Own family talk about trust, other people family talk about mistrust.
you posted too quickly lah

i am just looking from another angle. i really sounded ridiculous, right?

many of us are also doing such things.

Last edited by dork32; 21-09-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Old 21-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #163

his father ic punch hole liao
maple96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 03:36 PM   #164

There are many gaps that can be exploited in what henry posted.

but they are a family. they dont sabo each other. they trust each other. no need lawyer, court or anything to ensure that they keep to their part of the deal.

What problems?

My father has a joint posb account with me, but the whole 6 figure balance in it is his and earning 0.05% only

I brought my to a bank and made him sign all the required documents to open a joint savings account that offer 1% interest. Then I transfer 49k from our joint account to the new account (with his prior knowledge).

Without telling me, he told my sis that 49k has been drawn from his posb without his knowledge or permission and he is not happy.

He also told another sis, I had use his money to buy a hdb flat as I had prior to that bought a hdb flat in his sole name in preparation for a day when my sis would kick him out

But he never question or tell any of my sis that he is receiving the monthly bank statement from the new bank that shows the 49k plus better monthly interest.

Now he doesn't trust me. Like that how?
Never trust anyone with $$$, including close ones, unless you are fully prepared to lose the whole lot.
cheongmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 03:42 PM   #165
Supremacy Member

but they are a family. they dont sabo each other. they trust each other.
We understand that! But creditors and courts don't care about the trust relationships and informal assurances/insurances within families. They just want, and will get, their assets if there's a problem. The insurance characteristics of family relationships are enhanced when titles to assets are reasonably well distributed across the family. It's like having multiple watertight compartments on a ship instead of having the whole ship sink when there's a single misfortune. And even the most responsible family member -- not a given in the thread starter's case -- can experience misfortune.

With respect to children, they're not legally competent to hold and manage title (with rare exceptions), but that's not any sort of argument for why an adult who can hold title ought to be zeroed out. It is an argument why parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. -- the caregivers and extended caregivers of children -- ought to have separate legal title to assets, to some degree anyway. ("Zero is the wrong answer.")

And Dork32, why are you protesting? You're really, really having trouble accepting a rare complement. You didn't zero out your parent's assets. There is still significant asset title diversity in your extended family.

Last edited by BBCWatcher; 21-09-2018 at 03:45 PM..
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.