HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Like Tree96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2019, 11:28 AM   #1591
Master Member

iBanking bill payment is not cc spending...so its definitely the reason why you didnt get any interest
Pay using cc of course

So can i conclude ibanking bill payment by cc is not counted? Or call dbs to check

Does multiplier have statement details like how much qualifying spend you made similar to uob one acc?
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:34 AM   #1592

Anybody has yet to receive February bonus like me?
Same. Was wondering.
Is there a min. amt of salary credited?
Just a nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #1593

Pay using cc of course

So can i conclude ibanking bill payment by cc is not counted? Or call dbs to check

Does multiplier have statement details like how much qualifying spend you made similar to uob one acc?
yes if you have consolidated statements, but there is a delay of 1 month, so for Feb statement detail you can only see in the Mar statement.
yiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #1594
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pay using cc of course

Bill payment using DBS ibanking is not considered "retail" spending and won't earn you bonus interest.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #1595

Anybody has yet to receive February bonus like me?
All bonus credited on same day of Mar. 7th for all.

Not received simply means no bonus already.
fadefade likes this.
zumaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #1596
Master Member

Bill payment using DBS ibanking is not considered "retail" spending and won't earn you bonus interest.
Forgot to charge to "retail" last month. Will charge this month

Spservices app sure qualify right?
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #1597

SP services app payment using credit card? Yes. Counted as CC spend

Forgot to charge to "retail" last month. Will charge this month

Spservices app sure qualify right?
shpesft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #1598
Arch-Supremacy Member

Only cc spending was ibanking bill payment. Is that the reason?
Should be due to salary crediting not met.

Last edited by Trazora; 12-03-2019 at 01:35 PM..
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #1599

Love this account.

Allows (not a loophole) my salary that is credited into our joint DBS account and the joint mortgage installments to be counted twice for both my own Multiplier and my wife’s (who is not a salaried employee) Multiplier account. Effectively, she just needs to spend $1 on her own DBS credit card and she gets all the eligible credits that I get for the bonus interest calculation.

Hence, we get bonus interest on $100k ($50k x 2) instead of just $50k.
fadefade likes this.
whizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 07:13 AM   #1600

I have a question. I currently hold DBS multiplier account where my salary gets credited monthly (not the joint account). I do have a joint account with my wife which is a regular savings account, where I transfer some money for our monthly family expenses. My wife does not earn currently. So if my wife opens her multiplier account, will she also be eligible for extra bonus interest on her multiplier balance? I do understand that there a second category requirement which will be required for her case but that can be easily be met by purchasing a $100 Bond fund per month.

Love this account.

Allows (not a loophole) my salary that is credited into our joint DBS account and the joint mortgage installments to be counted twice for both my own Multiplier and my wife’s (who is not a salaried employee) Multiplier account. Effectively, she just needs to spend $1 on her own DBS credit card and she gets all the eligible credits that I get for the bonus interest calculation.

Hence, we get bonus interest on $100k ($50k x 2) instead of just $50k.

Last edited by blue_denim24; 21-03-2019 at 07:22 AM..
blue_denim24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 08:02 AM   #1601
Honorary Member

Dividends from bonds when credited into posb account will count as investment not ah? I have a posb and also multiplier account under my name.

Buying bonds from multiplier account will not count as investment right?
tecnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #1602

Buying A35 via posb investsaver RSP ticks your investment category for multiplier account . Tried and tested.

Dividends from bonds when credited into posb account will count as investment not ah? I have a posb and also multiplier account under my name.

Buying bonds from multiplier account will not count as investment right?
Old 21-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #1603

I have a question. I currently hold DBS multiplier account where my salary gets credited monthly (not the joint account). I do have a joint account with my wife which is a regular savings account, where I transfer some money for our monthly family expenses. My wife does not earn currently. So if my wife opens her multiplier account, will she also be eligible for extra bonus interest on her multiplier balance? I do understand that there a second category requirement which will be required for her case but that can be easily be met by purchasing a $100 Bond fund per month.
Cannot. In order for her to be accorded “eligible credits”, the transaction must be from/into a joint account. So, you need to shift your salary crediting into your joint savings account for her to be accorded your salary “credits”.

You can then auto GIRO out a fixed amount of your balance salary each month into your multiplier account should you prefer to do so.

Last edited by whizzard; 21-03-2019 at 10:58 AM..
whizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #1604

Got it . Thanks for your response.

Cannot. In order for her to be accorded “eligible credits”, the transaction must be from/into a joint account. So, you need to shift your salary crediting into your joint savings account for her to be accorded your salary “credits”.

You can then auto GIRO out a fixed amount of your balance salary each month into your multiplier account should you prefer to do so.
Old 21-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #1605
Honorary Member

Buying A35 via posb investsaver RSP ticks your investment category for multiplier account . Tried and tested.
Oh ok.. I was thinking about SIA bonds through ESA.. got count or not ah? Then next time get dividends from CDP.. if deposit to either POSB or multiplier will count as investment right?

Last edited by tecnica; 21-03-2019 at 01:53 PM..
tecnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.