HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Like Tree96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #2191
Master Member

Monday????
Can I check if one buy share today, when will the comm appear under dbs bank and earn summary?
bright_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #2192
Greater Supremacy Member

Monday????
So it’s t+2, thanks
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #2193
Arch-Supremacy Member

After settlement date, still need to wait a few days. Not so fast.

Can I check if one buy share today, when will the comm appear under dbs bank and earn summary?
yyhwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 03:05 PM   #2194
Master Member

I would recommend the Singapore Savings Bond (“SSB”) approach too as it is lasting and cheap to execute!

(1) cheap as you only pay $2 x 6;
(2) your $500 x 6 principal is guaranteed by the Singapore government;
(3) you get paid interest (coupon) on your SSB in the meantime; &
(4) by choosing DBS as your CDP dividend crediting account, your investment category will be activated for the next 10 years (or at least until DBS changes it’s policy)

For insurance, you have to pay a premium which you won’t get back at all i.e. it’s a pure expense. But, insurance offers you almost immediate activation of the category whilst building SSB ladder takes 6 months to be effective. That’s the major downside.
Sorry I'm still a banking noob...so need to ask this also.

1. When I set up a CDP account, I gotta choose DBS Multiplier Account as the default CDP account right? Cannot choose other POSB/DBS account that I have right?

2. When I spend e.g. $500 for each month to buy SSB, they auto deduct from my account? Or do we use GIRO/credit card? Is this expenditure included in the monthly transactions for DBS Multiplier?

3. Are the dividends received included in the monthly transactions for DBS Multiplier?

Thanks!

Last edited by kurt111494; 20-06-2019 at 03:08 PM..
kurt111494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #2195

Sorry I'm still a banking noob...so need to ask this also.

1. When I set up a CDP account, I gotta choose DBS Multiplier Account as the default CDP account right? Cannot choose other POSB/DBS account that I have right?

2. When I spend e.g. $500 for each month to buy SSB, they auto deduct from my account? Or do we use GIRO/credit card? Is this expenditure included in the monthly transactions for DBS Multiplier?

3. Are the dividends received included in the monthly transactions for DBS Multiplier?

Thanks!
1) can choose other posb/ dbs account, example joint name account.
2) manually buy every month, u can choose to deduct from which account. Is purchase not counted for monthly transaction.
3) yes
kurt111494 likes this.
vddgnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #2196

Hi. Just set up multiplier account yesterday. Just to check the following:
1. I have shares purchased previously and the dividends are credited to my dbs account. Do I meet the investment criteria?
2. I need at least one credit card transaction per month to meet the credit card criteria?

Btw salary is already credited to dbs already.
SDM1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #2197
Arch-Supremacy Member

1. I have shares purchased previously and the dividends are credited to my dbs account. Do I meet the investment criteria?
2. I need at least one credit card transaction per month to meet the credit card criteria?

Yes and Yes
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #2198

Yes and Yes
Sweet. Thanks Bro..
Old 21-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #2199

Note that the invesment criteria only kicks in for the months where you receive dividends. If there is a month without credited dividend, then the criteria will not be activated for that month.
kram62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 02:48 PM   #2200

Note that the invesment criteria only kicks in for the months where you receive dividends. If there is a month without credited dividend, then the criteria will not be activated for that month.
I see. Guess have to go via SSB route than.
Old 21-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #2201

I am new to dbs multiplier. When i click “bank and earn” summary, on the left panel it shows my salary credit, cc spend and dividend amounts have been captured. Yet on the right hand columns, only a small box for salary is coloured red, the other small boxes for eligible transactions remain blank. Is this normal?
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 07:33 PM   #2202

I am new to dbs multiplier. When i click “bank and earn” summary, on the left panel it shows my salary credit, cc spend and dividend amounts have been captured. Yet on the right hand columns, only a small box for salary is coloured red, the other small boxes for eligible transactions remain blank. Is this normal?
Yes, the thing on the right is basically the same image as on the multiplier website to explain the different rates. It is static, it does not change at all.
kram62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #2203

Yes, the thing on the right is basically the same image as on the multiplier website to explain the different rates. It is static, it does not change at all.
Oic. Thanks.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #2204
Supremacy Member

May I check with you people, if I get an insurance policy and payment has been made before end of this month, this insurance policy will only be considered as an additional category only from next month?

eg: I buy policy in June and first payment made in June, this insurance category will only be eligible as additional category in July?

TIA.
chiokcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 05:30 AM   #2205
Arch-Supremacy Member

other than going the SSB route.

how about monthly POSB Invest-Saver?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.