HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2019, 12:02 AM   #2416

Term plan quotes

Hello all,

for any term plan quotations to boost the multiplier account, kindly pm me and I can assist, thank you.
Souled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 06:12 PM   #2417

multiplier account earn and bank status

I bought an insurance from dbs last month. Until now still not reflected in the multiplier earn and bank status summary. Initially when I am buying told me it will be reflected after 14days free look. Checked with hotline after free look period, the staff told me need to wait 1 month from insurance start date (mine is 17/6). Now told me need to wait till end of the month (Aug). I am confused.

Anyone experience this before and is there a place or email or phone I can call to check?
pohluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 06:17 PM   #2418

it should be end of the month July and not Aug
Old 17-07-2019, 07:19 PM   #2419
Master Member

Buy last mth should be counted as this month.

I bought an insurance from dbs last month. Until now still not reflected in the multiplier earn and bank status summary. Initially when I am buying told me it will be reflected after 14days free look. Checked with hotline after free look period, the staff told me need to wait 1 month from insurance start date (mine is 17/6). Now told me need to wait till end of the month (Aug). I am confused.

Anyone experience this before and is there a place or email or phone I can call to check?
madtari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 10:32 PM   #2420

when did you open your multiplier account, and when is the premium deduction date?
Old 17-07-2019, 11:40 PM   #2421

deduct twice 14/6 and 22/6
Old 17-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #2422

deduct twice 14/6 and 22/6
can you share what is the insurance you bought? not all is applicable
Old 18-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #2423

the multiplier account is created long time ago and the insurance I bought is allowed. My wife bought the same and it is reflected immediately after the free look period. For some reason not too sure what happen to mine. I have tried via different channels (e.g. hotline, etc) to get an answer but all can't give me a confirmation. Keep asking me to wait.
Old 18-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #2424

Just to check, does top up dash a/c using POSB credit card considered credit card spend in DBS Multiplier?
sango65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 08:15 PM   #2425
High Supremacy Member

Currently I have 3k in my dbs multiplier account because wanna avoid fall below fee. I heard dbs can ignore this fee if you are treasures member?

I know they don’t charge anything for the basic posb savings account even if it’s $0 if you are treasures member. But not sure about other dbs accounts.
Old 19-07-2019, 08:48 PM   #2426

Currently I have 3k in my dbs multiplier account because wanna avoid fall below fee. I heard dbs can ignore this fee if you are treasures member?

I know they donít charge anything for the basic posb savings account even if itís $0 if you are treasures member. But not sure about other dbs accounts.

My normal current account, multiplier ac, and multicurrency account confirmed dont need to maintain minimum balance as a treasure member (but my RM did tell me if I ever see any fall below fee being charged 'accidentally', then can call him to waive such off).
mummynew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 08:49 PM   #2427
High Supremacy Member

My normal current account, multiplier ac, and multicurrency account confirmed dont need to maintain minimum balance as a treasure member (but my RM did tell me if I ever see any fall below fee being charged 'accidentally', then can call him to waive such off).
Oh? Thanks for the answer.
Old 20-07-2019, 08:31 PM   #2428

I have an exsisting RSP with Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF and recently signed up for Multiplier account.

In order to meet the investment cat. Can i set-up another RSP with ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund ? will it be counted ?

Or is SSB the best way ?

Thanks
Old 21-07-2019, 03:35 AM   #2429

I heard from a friend that you can tweak the ssb ladder purchase slightly to hasten the qualification. I will be executing this in July.
1st month: buy 1k
2nd month sell 500 and buy 1k(of that month's ssb)
continue for 6 months.
you will incur more cost to buy and sell but you will start earning higher interest earlier
Anyone can elaborate how does it hasten?
Wingst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 08:54 AM   #2430
Master Member

It's stated on DBS website. Fall below fees for multiplier account is waived off for DBST customers.

I know they don’t charge anything for the basic posb savings account even if it’s $0 if you are treasures member. But not sure about other dbs accounts.
madtari is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.