HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Like Tree96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #2431
Master Member

Cos if you sell SSB, money will be credited into your savings account from cdp. This direct crediting from cdp will be counted as investment. I've never tried this before, but this is according to my understanding. Recently when M1 got delisted, the amount being refunded into my savings account is also counted under qualifying transaction.

Anyone can elaborate how does it hasten?
madtari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #2432
High Supremacy Member

Cos if you sell SSB, money will be credited into your savings account from cdp. This direct crediting from cdp will be counted as investment. I've never tried this before, but this is according to my understanding. Recently when M1 got delisted, the amount being refunded into my savings account is also counted under qualifying transaction.
I think delisting isn't the same as selling. Anyway it's for you to find out. Unless you are absolutely sure, better not put it here in case someone uses it and don't get to fulfill the conditions
highsulphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #2433
Master Member

If you do try it, do let us know if it works! Thanks!
kurt111494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 03:11 PM   #2434

Does buying and selling a stock worth 10k within a day. Does that count under the total eligible transactions for that month? Or I need to hold the stock and sell the next month?

Last edited by jona12; 21-07-2019 at 04:04 PM..
jona12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #2435
Master Member

Does buying and selling a stock worth 10k. Does that count under the total eligible transactions for that month? Or I need to hold the stock and sell the next month?
Need to use DBS vickers.

I believe buying part is considered only
item2sell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #2436
Supremacy Member

Does buying and selling a stock worth 10k. Does that count under the total eligible transactions for that month? Or I need to hold the stock and sell the next month?
can buy and sell on the same day, still counted (buy amount only)
limpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #2437
Master Member

can buy and sell on the same day, still counted (buy amount only)
must buy and hold.
cannot contra.
question 11 of the FAQ

Online Equity Trade
Q10) How will my equity trades be recognised?
Only “BUY” equity trades purchased via Vickers Online Trading or DBS Treasures Online Equity
Trading platform that have been fully settled using cash or funds from Supplementary Retirement
Scheme (SRS) account qualify as Eligible Transactions.

Q11) What are the transactions that do not qualify as eligible transactions?
The following transactions will not qualify as Eligible transactions: Contra trades, Sell trades, and
Electronic Payment for Shares (EPS).

Q12) What are the DBS trading platforms I can use for eligible online equity trades?
DBS Vickers Online Account, DBS Online Equity Trading

https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resource...gramme_FAQ.pdf

Last edited by thierry; 21-07-2019 at 04:51 PM..
thierry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #2438
High Supremacy Member

Just created DBS multipler. Starting my job soon.

Currently already have DBS fresh live STUDENT card (credit limit 500) only 0.3% cash back. Should I apply for another card like posb everday or dbs live or stick to my student version?

For investment category, after start work. I just need to buy SSB for consecutive 6 months den I would qualify for investment interest category for the next 10 years through dividends. Am I right?

Thank you
TheCaffeEspresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #2439

Hi all, I applied for credit card but got rejected? My monthly salary is credited to my DBS acc. I used MyInfo to apply.

Not sure how they used my cpf history to count my current salary. They should use my latest month one to count. But they calculated my current salary to be way below what I am earning. Any advice?
MrRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 04:02 PM   #2440

Hi all, I applied for credit card but got rejected? My monthly salary is credited to my DBS acc. I used MyInfo to apply.

Not sure how they used my cpf history to count my current salary. They should use my latest month one to count. But they calculated my current salary to be way below what I am earning. Any advice?
Don't use MyInfo in this case. Manually upload your CPF statement and 1-3 month payslip with your application, and it should go through. That's what I did too when I applied for my card and got approved.
RocketAbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #2441

Thanks...did u also face the same issue as me?

Because my cpf contribution amount is all different so far. Current salary is based on latest contribution.

Don't use MyInfo in this case. Manually upload your CPF statement and 1-3 month payslip with your application, and it should go through. That's what I did too when I applied for my card and got approved.
Old 22-07-2019, 04:45 PM   #2442

no worries
i credit salary into dbs account and use as salary reference also get rejected on ibanking.

Just bring your money elsewhere like ssb
Old 22-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #2443

Any idea why we get rejected? My salary is enough just that I only started working a few months

But I want to sign for credit card...hmmm

no worries
i credit salary into dbs account and use as salary reference also get rejected on ibanking.

Just bring your money elsewhere like ssb
Old 22-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #2444

Same here, tried using MyInfo and got rejected, after manually uploaded payslip and CPF statement although it took a few weeks, it got approved eventually.
Old 22-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #2445

Yeahhh it changes my salary when I use MyInfo. Will try manual ltr

Same here, tried using MyInfo and got rejected, after manually uploaded payslip and CPF statement although it took a few weeks, it got approved eventually.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.