DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I shared before, dun like to repeat if people dun believe. I only buy UT, in this downtrend stock market, $100 per mth RSP, total $1,200 for 12 mths, then terminate and start a new one.

Which UT that doesn’t require a lump sum investment up front ah?

greythorne

Reaction score
I shared before, dun like to repeat if people dun believe. I only buy UT, in this downtrend stock market, $100 per mth RSP, total $1,200 for 12 mths, then terminate and start a new one.

Understood. But if you are able to recover the monthly fees of $100 with minimal loss then should be ok. Since the interest we get should be largely enough to cover the losses I think.

For the insurance, the premiums paid monthly, you will not get a single cent back so must make sure the interest you get is able to recover the monthly premiums you are paying.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Understood. But if you are able to recover the monthly fees of $100 with minimal loss then should be ok. Since the interest we get should be largely enough to cover the losses I think.

For the insurance, the premiums paid monthly, you will not get a single cent back so must make sure the interest you get is able to recover the monthly premiums you are paying.

For UT it’s an investment, not a fee.

Should hope that you get back more than what you have put in, rather than just breakeven if your time horizon is long enough. There are also potential dividends.

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
Guess whether to buy UT or ETF boils down to one's objective of signing up the RSP. For me, I just bought the Bond EFT (MBH).

Potato_Wedges

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guess whether to buy UT or ETF boils down to one's objective of signing up the RSP. For me, I just bought the Bond EFT (MBH).

Yes. Depends on one's objective.

If you are thinking of more $$$$$, buy ETF or UT. and not insurance.
I use RSP purely for the 3.8% which is considered good in this climax as ETF is pretty low-priced now.

Question: Since ETF can only last 12-months, I have to change to UT for the next 12 months. Do I need to redeem/sell /close my ETF? Plan is to rotate ETF & UT on yearly cycle. How to do that without redeem or sell? Please share experts.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Depends on one's objective.

If you are thinking of more $$$$$, buy ETF or UT. and not insurance.
I use RSP purely for the 3.8% which is considered good in this climax as ETF is pretty low-priced now.

Question: Since ETF can only last 12-months, I have to change to UT for the next 12 months. Do I need to redeem/sell /close my ETF? Plan is to rotate ETF & UT on yearly cycle. How to do that without redeem or sell? Please share experts.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/126901380-post3881.html

explained it earlier.

rerear

Reaction score
so long that month got sg dividend credited, no matter how small, and total transactions exceeds 2k, will fulfill salary portion?

Jazzbie

Reaction score
Can I check how dividends get credited under the Invest Saver? Is it to the savings account that it debits from? Thanks!

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
curious to know too. maybe you can do a live chat with them via ibanking and find out and share with us?

Sure. Would post when I get the chance to do so.

DBS CSO says that one insurance policy will only be valid for 12 months and to continue to unlock INSURANCE category, need to purchase a different policy e.g. terminate cancercare after 12 months and re-purchase cancercare will not unlock another 12 months.

daranic

Reaction score

Terminate means tell the bank to stop deducting on the 15th of every month and let UT continues? Or does it mean to close the UT and get the invested monies out?

Is the above the same for ETF?

cassowary18

Reaction score
Terminate means tell the bank to stop deducting on the 15th of every month and let UT continues? Or does it mean to close the UT and get the invested monies out?

Must close and withdraw. Same for ETF

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DBS CSO says that one insurance policy will only be valid for 12 months and to continue to unlock INSURANCE category, need to purchase a different policy e.g. terminate cancercare after 12 months and re-purchase cancercare will not unlock another 12 months.

Thanks. Good to know.

maple96

Reaction score

Terminate is to stop future deductions only. Then I will decide when to redeem depending on the market value (is there a small unrealised loss) and any upcoming dividends. Redeem means sell and get money out.

Same for all RSP, be it UT or ETF.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/126901380-post3881.html

Refer this...

daranic

Reaction score
Terminate is to stop future deductions only. Then I will decide when to redeem depending on the market value (is there a small unrealised loss) and any upcoming dividends. Redeem means sell and get money out.

Same for all RSP, be it UT or ETF.

The 6 months gap to start for the next 12 mths RSP of the same ETF starts from the time you terminate or redeem or 12 mths of the previous RSP?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.