DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
I think It's calculated daily, rounded to the 2 decimal (or rounded up?). For my case, I managed to hit the maximum band 3.5% (due to bonus, some dividend, some big spending, and stock purchases)

I'm getting 146.63 which is calculated as such:
3.5% - 0.05% (Base DBS interest) = 3.45%
50000 * 0.0345 * (1/365) = 4.726 -> rounded to 4.73
4.73 * 31 = 146.63

yes, 146.63 is the max possible.
i got this amt too.

sharinganez

Reaction score
just realise that there'll be charges whenever u deposit/withdraw foreign currency into multiplier account.
Rate varies depends on which currency u r using, eg 1.5% for USD in & out

So bad..

Jazzbie

Reaction score
just realise that there'll be charges whenever u deposit/withdraw foreign currency into multiplier account.
Rate varies depends on which currency u r using, eg 1.5% for USD in & out

So bad..

Will there also be charges for depositing USD cheques via quick drop off?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will there also be charges for depositing USD cheques via quick drop off?
no charges if depositing local USD clearing cheques..

the charges mentioned by sharinganez is for transactions involving deposit and withdrawal in physical foreign currency cash.

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
quick question.

just placed 50k in early jan in the dbs multiplier account and i saw the interest came in on 7th feb.

Can i transfer out the interest and leave the 50k in the account? This will not affect anything right? I will still get the full interest for the month of February ya?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quick question.

just placed 50k in early jan in the dbs multiplier account and i saw the interest came in on 7th feb.

Can i transfer out the interest and leave the 50k in the account? This will not affect anything right? I will still get the full interest for the month of February ya?

Yes. Should transfer out the amounts in excess to $50k.

schoool

Reaction score
Hi I would like to ask: just solely salary crediting of 2000plus will give 0.05% or must be salary credit + 1 more transaction? I used the calculator on the website it states that salary alone gives 0.05 but in the table below it states salary + 1 transaction. Thanks in advance

savinmax

Reaction score
Hi I would like to ask: just solely salary crediting of 2000plus will give 0.05% or must be salary credit + 1 more transaction? I used the calculator on the website it states that salary alone gives 0.05 but in the table below it states salary + 1 transaction. Thanks in advance

If you only have salary of >2k, u will get the miserable 0.05%.
If you do one more transaction ( eg cc usage - any amount ), you will get at last 1.55%, so just apply and use one credit card.

see below, refer to chiokcc link

DBS IBanking put this under "Bank & Earn Summary" liao

multiplier_interest_rates.jpg

schoool

Reaction score
If you only have salary of >2k, u will get the miserable 0.05%.
If you do one more transaction ( eg cc usage - any amount ), you will get at last 1.55%, so just apply and use one credit card.

see below, refer to chiokcc link

Thank you for the info. I just started this account and just had my credit card.

I started this account in mid Jan 18 and my salary came in afterward. It’s reflected in Bank and Earn summary for Jan..I didn’t receive my base 0.05% interest on last day of Jan. am I entitled for that base interest? It just only salary credit though. With 2k plus in the multiplier account.

Thanks

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I just started this account and just had my credit card.

I started this account in mid Jan 18 and my salary came in afterward. It’s reflected in Bank and Earn summary for Jan..I didn’t receive my base 0.05% interest on last day of Jan. am I entitled for that base interest? It just only salary credit though. With 2k plus in the multiplier account.

Thanks

You should have 0.05% base interest even without salary crediting. With 2000 plus balance in the DBS multiplier account starting from mid Jan the base interest is a few cents.

Last edited:

Jazzbie

Reaction score

Thanks

As long as there is something credited at the end of the month it should be correct. Only an issue if no interest at all. Not sure if that is the case or you can't account for 0.05% which you need to base on daily average balance etc.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
seems quite insane to hit the 2.5 and 3.5 interest scale :X

did anyone get the $20 for opening the account?
I opened in Dec but got nothing yet :/

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
how long does it take to get reflected in teh bank and earn summary for investments?
using DBSV, my stocks already in CDP.

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, quick question regarding the investment category for the multiplier.

assuming im going for POSB Invest Saver RSP, does the monthly deduction have to be from my multiplier account or any of my existing posb savings account?

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, quick question regarding the investment category for the multiplier.

assuming im going for POSB Invest Saver RSP, does the monthly deduction have to be from my multiplier account or any of my existing posb savings account?

Can be from any account.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those who open account in December 2017, have you received your cash gift of $20?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.