HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

For discussion - Will most singaporeans be able to achieve FRS?

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #76

$200k.
Occasional 'talk' but mostly sitting dozing in aircon parliament. Can be absent too.
Not every month got parliament sessions some more.
Sometimes got to give some speeches & regular meet MP sessions.

Sure they like.

if elected, will these MPs ask low salary?
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 01:37 PM   #77

Well done. Mine is about 50k less than yours.
Good for you. You have hit FRS early.
Wow! Great job! How old are you?
Even if you stopped work today, your current SA will likely to exceed ERS in less than 7 years
Thanks for the encouragement. If I can do it, many others can also do it.

More pertinent to ask how he did it
No magic formula here. Just sheer persistent hard work and perseverance to remain employed as long as I can, no matter how shitty the workplace or job gets. After all, my SA contributions are all from my CPF contributions which means ensuring that I continue working is important.

I didnít do any cash top-up for my own SA over the years because I had to top-up my wifeís CPF account by cash for her to accumulate her own FRS since she stopped working years ago. I did this for 2 main reasons. Cash top-up because my cash yield is lower than CPF interest rate (whilst I may get a higher return by investing the money, thatís not an appropriate comparison as that is considered risk capital whilst bank deposit and CPF deposit are both relatively risk free). Secondly, cash top-up gets me tax deductions.

Time to donate some to charity.
Yes, I donate occasionally to what I consider are worthy causes.

Not forgetting that as a sandwich class, I also have to support my own family and my parents as well.
whizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #78

Thanks for the encouragement. If I can do it, many others can also do it.

No magic formula here. Just sheer persistent hard work and perseverance to remain employed as long as I can, no matter how shitty the workplace or job gets. After all, my SA contributions are all from my CPF contributions which means ensuring that I continue working is important.

I didnít do any cash top-up for my own SA over the years because I had to top-up my wifeís CPF account by cash for her to accumulate her own FRS since she stopped working years ago. I did this for 2 main reasons. Cash top-up because my cash yield is lower than CPF interest rate (whilst I may get a higher return by investing the money, thatís not an appropriate comparison as that is considered risk capital whilst bank deposit and CPF deposit are both relatively risk free). Secondly, cash top-up gets me tax deductions.

Yes, I donate occasionally to what I consider are worthy causes.

Not forgetting that as a sandwich class, I also have to support my own family and my parents as well.
You should have done cash top up to your own SA to lower your tax and topped up your wifeís SA with your OA.

Now it is late because you have hit FRS.
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #79

You should have done cash top up to your own SA to lower your tax and topped up your wifeís SA with your OA.

Now it is late because you have hit FRS.
Same thing, isnít it? Top up to my wifeís CPF also gets tax deduction.
whizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.