good bank account to replace BOC SmartSaver?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently, Maybank SaveUp Account offers the highest bonus interest rate at approximately 3% for an average person who fulfils the tasks of credit card spend, salary crediting and bill payment. However, i personally find that the requirement of at least $300 GIRO payment can be a little taxing.

The savings account that offers the second highest bonus interest rate would be UOB One Account at 2.44%. Its requirement is relatively easier to complete. If you prefer to have flexibility over the amount that you spend monthly like me, can also consider DBS Multiplier.

Source on best active savings account:
https://theboywhoprocrastinates.blogspot.com/2018/05/best-active-savings-accounts-for-2018.html

Dun see how $300 giro is taxing

Boy who Procrastinates

Reaction score
Other bank cc bill

Ah i see. If i remember correctly, to hit 3% for Maybank Saveup, that will require $500 cc spending, $300 giro payment and salary crediting.

If the giro is used for other bank cc bill then i think the total cc bill would amount to $800 monthly. Maybe I'm not a big spender so i personally find it taxing to hit $800 spending a month.

But of course, different strokes for different folks. If one is able to easily fulfill the prerequisite for savings accounts that offer higher interest rate like Maybank SaveUp, then i would think it would make more sense to do so.

At the end of the day, it is imperative that we select the best possible savings account based on our savings needs, as well as spending and earning pattern.

S1mpleGuy

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah i see. If i remember correctly, to hit 3% for Maybank Saveup, that will require $500 cc spending, $300 giro payment and salary crediting.

If the giro is used for other bank cc bill then i think the total cc bill would amount to $800 monthly. Maybe I'm not a big spender so i personally find it taxing to hit $800 spending a month.

But of course, different strokes for different folks. If one is able to easily fulfill the prerequisite for savings accounts that offer higher interest rate like Maybank SaveUp, then i would think it would make more sense to do so.

At the end of the day, it is imperative that we select the best possible savings account based on our savings needs, as well as spending and earning pattern.
me too i can only hit 500 per month cc spend and not 800 so switching to uob is better choice for me

Soul77

Reaction score
UOB vs Smartsaver at the moment are still comparable. For my usage, BOC slightly better. I'll probably still use BOC and use the qoo10 card to hit the $600 monthly.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
UOB vs Smartsaver at the moment are still comparable. For my usage, BOC slightly better. I'll probably still use BOC and use the qoo10 card to hit the $600 monthly.

what will qoo10 card give you?
$ for purchase at qoo only?

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Split accts inside dbs mtiplier.
Dbs just need salary credit n $1 cc spend to get interest. Spend cc on cimb visa.
Think the cc % diff shld cover up other bank interest ? No need headache also

zumaba

Reaction score
I think qoo10 no groceries. Just use dash for 5% off for groceries

- DASH will not be considered as spending anymore, as told by BOC CSO.
- also NTUC my downstair put sign for no more DASH payment.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
- DASH will not be considered as spending anymore, as told by BOC CSO.
- also NTUC my downstair put sign for no more DASH payment.

if you are android phone user, use the DASH for NFC payment in NTUC for 5% cashback back to Dash wallet the next day. 1 txn per day up to $50 spending capped. iphone users not able to dash at ntuc.

Soul77

Reaction score
Oh. Dash need NFC now to enjoy the cashback. Havent been using it ever since boc family.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.