HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which hospitalization plan better? NTUC Enhanced IncomeShield or AIA Max Essential A

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 03:41 AM   #1

Which hospitalization plan better? NTUC Enhanced IncomeShield or AIA Max Essential A

Recently saw AIA include cover for CI too . I'm in early 30s group .

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT
decibel. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

I don't understand your question.

NTUC's Enhanced IncomeShield is a family of base Integrated Shield plans. (Optional riders are available for those plans.) It doesn't refer to a specific plan. There are three of them. Which one(s) do you have in mind?

AIA's Max Essential A is (or was) the "zero dollar" optional rider for AIA's private hospital Integrated Shield plan. Max Essential A is no longer available for sale.

Are you trying to compare AIA's private hospital Integrated Shield plan (AIA HealthShield Gold Max A) with NTUC's (NTUC Enhanced IncomeShield Preferred)? With today's optional riders? Which plan (and optional rider?) do you have now?
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:07 AM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

8 bypass use medishield only
sanzhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #4

Recently saw AIA include cover for CI too . I'm in early 30s group .

You got mistaken. The CI coverage is an additional limit add-on to the yearly limit.

It's not a CI sum assured payout.
Value.Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:27 PM   #5

I don't understand your question.

NTUC's Enhanced IncomeShield is a family of base Integrated Shield plans. (Optional riders are available for those plans.) It doesn't refer to a specific plan. There are three of them. Which one(s) do you have in mind?

AIA's Max Essential A is (or was) the "zero dollar" optional rider for AIA's private hospital Integrated Shield plan. Max Essential A is no longer available for sale.

Are you trying to compare AIA's private hospital Integrated Shield plan (AIA HealthShield Gold Max A) with NTUC's (NTUC Enhanced IncomeShield Preferred)? With today's optional riders? Which plan (and optional rider?) do you have now?
Ah yes you're correct I alr got existing AIA for private hospitalization. The Gold Max I think they change some things. So I'm wondering if I should change to NTUC Enhanced IncomeShield Preferred the one for private hospitalization too cos it's like 600+ where AIA I'm paying 800+ now. But I see that AIA now cover CI too. Is it better to switch or stay?

Old 09-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #6

You got mistaken. The CI coverage is an additional limit add-on to the yearly limit.

It's not a CI sum assured payout.
Hmm what do you mean? So if got CI it won't payout? Then what's that coverage meant for?

Old 09-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #7

Hmm what do you mean? So if got CI it won't payout? Then what's that coverage meant for?

"Extra Cover for 30 Critical Illnesses Benefit

In the event the Insured requires medical or surgical treatment as a direct result of one of the following 30 Critical Illnesses listed below, the limits (Critical Illnesses Limit Per Policy Year and Critical Illnesses Limit Per Lifetime) under the Extra Cover for 30 Critical Illnesses Benefit stated in the Schedule of Benefits shall be provided as additional limits above the limits (Maximum Limit Per Policy Year and Maximum Limit Per Lifetime) under the Maximum Claim Limit stated in the Schedule of Benefits. The Eligible Expenses incurred shall be first accumulated towards the Critical Illnesses Limit Per Policy Year (for the applicable Policy Year). If the Eligible Expenses exceeds the Critical Illnesses Limit Per Policy Year (for the applicable Policy Year), the excess amount shall be accumulated towards the Maximum Limit
Per Policy Year (for the applicable Policy Year)."

Simple English means Policy limit is $1 million. They provide additional limit (means if your bills goes over $1 million due to CI, they still reinburse up to another $100,000 e.g) so the policy limit is $1.1 million instead.
Value.Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #8

Ah yes you're correct I alr got existing AIA for private hospitalization. The Gold Max I think they change some things. So I'm wondering if I should change to NTUC Enhanced IncomeShield Preferred the one for private hospitalization too cos it's like 600+ where AIA I'm paying 800+ now. But I see that AIA now cover CI too. Is it better to switch or stay?

For AIA if you are on essential max rider you can downgrade to essential max saver. Keep your 100% coverage with some hospital cash benefits.

Recently did the same for my private client just under 40. Itís still worth it to keep on the 100% coverage, premiums cheaper than the co-pay rider.

For you, the essential max saver A rider cash premiums is $416. So this is a good move.

Around age 45 onwards then consider downgrade to include co-payments.

Iím an adviser from IFA so was able to compare across.

A few places. The changes to AIA is on the main shield plan only. It includes a increase in premiums, changes to include some CI coverage that makes it attractive.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by kuang89; 09-11-2019 at 08:25 PM..
kuang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #9

For AIA if you are on essential max rider you can downgrade to essential max saver. Keep your 100% coverage with some hospital cash benefits.

Recently did the same for my private client just under 40. It’s still worth it to keep on the 100% coverage, premiums cheaper than the co-pay rider.

For you, the essential max saver A rider cash premiums is $416. So this is a good move.

Around age 45 onwards then consider downgrade to include co-payments.

I’m an adviser from IFA so was able to compare across.

A few places. The changes to AIA is on the main shield plan only. It includes a increase in premiums, changes to include some CI coverage that makes it attractive.

Hope this helps.
So u saying AIA still better than Enhanced IncomeShield Classic rider? But if I downgrade to saver I can't choose private hospital right? What's the diff

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.