HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How often did you get sales lead from the Website?, did your company website generate sales?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By havetheveryfun

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #1

Talking How often did you get sales lead from the Website?, did your company website generate sales?

Lets assume I'm running an Enterprise Solutions selling business, selling products like software application and consultancy services. Do you think that I should invest to build a company website, to get prospect call my number on the Website?
Based on my observation, most Sales Lead are gain from cold calling. Very little from Website. Can anyone share their experience and opinion? Thanks
The net surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is always good to have at least a basic decent looking website to maintain some web presence no matter what.

Let's say you cold call someone and he is interested. What do you think is the next thing he will do? Yes, he would probably go google and try to search for your company's name. That is where the website will help as you can put your customer's testimonials, your company's portfolio, etc.

But if you are expecting to get a lot of leads or business from it, don't bother. A person searching for such services online will be probably looking at over 10-20 companies as there are so many of them to choose from.
The net surfer likes this.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cold calling is so outdated . Content and referral is the king in website now.
Leads and conversation is important . . Consumer beahaiour now is search , content , then see review
veryhonestguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 07:37 PM   #4

How abt company facebook? It is free. A lot of big companies and govt agencies have that. Ppl can find your phone no., email in it. They can also leave comments or pm u.

Last edited by wutawa; 15-06-2019 at 07:41 PM..
wutawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 05:24 PM   #5

I'm actually a sales lead in software house. And you are right, I get very little enquiries from my own website. I get more leads from cold activity. Mostly canvassing. Difference is that enquiries are leads. There is already a need. Canvassing generates contacts and suspects. Rejection rate is high. Need to convert to suspect then lead.
Rennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2019, 07:30 AM   #6
Master Member

having a website presence is basic setup and also having facebook page and linkedin profile helps.

Other than cold calling, you can place ads on FB, Linkedin or classified ads then setup live chat on your website/landing page to convert prospects.
Hafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.