HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumaba

Reaction score
I empty my account in Feb.

So for Mar-Apr-May cycle, from today onwards it is "safe" to transfer the mony in, right?

Dancing2

Reaction score
Do you confirm they are having a Road show? What is the goodies for this round?
Thanks for sharing.

Just for future reference, the details were:
1. New Advance Customer for $30K fresh funds $80 cash reward + $40 taka voucher.
2. Existing banking relationship with 100k fresh funds $50 taka voucher
3. Existing banking relationship with $200K fresh funds $120 taka voucher
4. New Premier relationship with $200K $488 cash reward + $150 taka voucher.

So with this promo, I gingerly joined in as advance customer. Now waiting for the first 3 month to be over.

ChaOrEn

Reaction score
1. New Advance Customer for $30K fresh funds $80 cash reward + $40 taka voucher.

So with this promo, I gingerly joined in as advance customer. Now waiting for the first 3 month to be over.

But this month no more freebies for topping up account balances already. :(

eDisFieD

Master Member
Reaction score

But as of today, this is already over right? :(

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
previiously the CNY roadshow, they gave out $488 for opening credits + Abalone set, did they also give out $150 TAKA Vouchers with the Abolone?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
previiously the CNY roadshow, they gave out $488 for opening credits + Abalone set, did they also give out $150 TAKA Vouchers with the Abolone?

Never come across hsbc giving 2 roadshow gifts.
CNY roadshow was abalone gift set.
Mar roadshow was $150 Taka vouchers.

Nanonited

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any tips on how we can do the remittance at say $1 to get the interest? Or not possible to do it like this?

spikeling

Reaction score
I let you remit to my overseas account. I will charge $20 for this service. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Anybody got any tips on how we can do the remittance at say $1 to get the interest? Or not possible to do it like this?

brown56

Reaction score

Use the WWT function in your online banking acct. However, do note that there are 2 charges involved

1. Outward Remittance by HSBC (waived off for premier acct holders till end Mar 18)
2. Incoming Remittance by your overseas acct (Depends on your acct overseas. Higher tier bank acct holders might be able to get waiver)

I was charged USD15 when I transferred to my USA Citi Acct. Still waiting for my interests to credit. As such, no comments on the feasibility.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use the WWT function in your online banking acct. However, do note that there are 2 charges involved

1. Outward Remittance by HSBC (waived off for premier acct holders till end Mar 18)
2. Incoming Remittance by your overseas acct (Depends on your acct overseas. Higher tier bank acct holders might be able to get waiver)

I was charged USD15 when I transferred to my USA Citi Acct. Still waiting for my interests to credit. As such, no comments on the feasibility.

there should also be a Corresponding / Agent bank fee which is unknown at point of remittance

is the USD 15 referring to the agent fee ?

u r right that both outward/inward remittance charges are/can be waived.

brown56

Reaction score
there should also be a Corresponding / Agent bank fee which is unknown at point of remittance

is the USD 15 referring to the agent fee ?

u r right that both outward/inward remittance charges are/can be waived.

The USD15 was charged by the overseas bank for the incoming remittance, which in my case is USA Citi. My guess is that already included the agent fee.

itchying

Reaction score
The USD15 was charged by the overseas bank for the incoming remittance, which in my case is USA Citi. My guess is that already included the agent fee.

I was charged euro17 for incoming remittance to europe bank under OUR. Outward remittance and any agent fee are waived for premier until end of this month. Can ask hsbc to waive the receiving bank fee?

Last edited:

vddgnd

Reaction score
I was charged euro17 for incoming remittance to europe bank under OUR. Outward remittance and any agent fee are waived for premier until end of this month. Can ask hsbc to waive the receiving bank fee?
The bank only can waive it own fees and charges, mean the bank not earn this fee. But Agent fee and receiving bank fee are 3rd party charges, if bank absorb it mean the bank need to pay it on your behalf. Don't think can waive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.