HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HSBC Step Up Promo

Like Tree694Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2018, 03:02 PM   #1876

The overseas remittance criteria is not bad. Assuming a fee of $25, you get $60 in interest. Nett earn $35
I thought no remittance fee?
jovialger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #1877
Supremacy Member

bro where is the roadshow?
can post the link?
There is a roadshow even though info not on hsbc website yet.

Anyway, I found out some details of the roadshow:

$100 taka voucher to open new Premier step up account during roadshow.
Just launched today. All below branches got roadshow for today till Sat except for collyer quay is for today till Friday.

Person must be new to the bank, so will get roadshow $100 Taka + $488 welcome reward + some additional reward which need u to kindly pm me your interest.

Roadshow branches:
Collyer Quay
Serangoon Gardens
Jurong
Marine Parade
Orchard Liat towers
Squaredot likes this.
tmkedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #1878
Master Member

bro where is the roadshow?
can post the link?
I think its not updated on the web yet, i called in the HSBC to check and they told me abt roadshow starting today, i have PM you more info, pls check ur PM
Squaredot likes this.
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:41 PM   #1879

There is a roadshow even though info not on hsbc website yet.

Anyway, I found out some details of the roadshow:

$100 taka voucher to open new Premier step up account during roadshow.
Just launched today. All below branches got roadshow for today till Sat except for collyer quay is for today till Friday.

Person must be new to the bank, so will get roadshow $100 Taka + $488 welcome reward + some additional reward which need u to kindly pm me your interest.

Roadshow branches:
Collyer Quay
Serangoon Gardens
Jurong
Marine Parade
Orchard Liat towers
"Person must be new to the bank" means person without Premier account or not only that but also without HSBC credit card?
vddgnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #1880

"Person must be new to the bank" means person without Premier account or not only that but also without HSBC credit card?
This mean totally new customer to HSBC.
kakapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #1881
Supremacy Member

from hsbc tncs:

This Promotion is open to new HSBC Premier Customers (“Customers”) of HSBC Bank (Singapore) Ltd (“HSBC”). Customers must not (a) be an existing HSBC customer who have terminated their HSBC Premier relationship in the past 12 months prior to (and inclusive of) the Promotional Period; (b) sign up for a new HSBC Advance relationship during the Promotional Period; or (c) have an existing HSBC Premier relationship (either in his/her own name or jointly with another person).

Based on above, having a HSBC credit card does not disqualify u from the premier step up promotion. the premier account do come with a debit card and if u spend $500 with your debit card in a calendar mth, there is about $80 of "debit spend" additional interest. $80 is derived from 0.95% additional interest of the 1st 100k in your balance if u qualify for the $500 debit spend.

Last edited by tmkedmw; 04-01-2018 at 09:56 PM..
tmkedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:24 PM   #1882
High Supremacy Member

I thought no remittance fee?
I read remittance fee is free for premier customers only.
eliteFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:45 PM   #1883

The overseas remittance criteria is not bad. Assuming a fee of $25, you get $60 in interest. Nett earn $35
This means that you can get step up bonus and debit spend interest of:-
$3712.60 per year
$488 reward bonus at aro 7th months
Remittance bonus interest of
$546 per year

Potential gain per year is $4750.60 which is what I am seeing, approximately 2.38% overall.

#remittance fee is NA for premier customers
leesn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:45 AM   #1884
Master Member

$3712.60 per year
$546 per year

Potential gain per year is $4750.60 which is what I am seeing, approximately 2.38% overall.

Hi, why r u calculating interest for per year? the bonus interest is only for 3 months..

I read remittance fee is free for premier customers only.
Can i know where did u read this? any link?

i just called the CSO, and she said the remittence should only be done online to qualify and it cost $35 from HSBC, and still have to factor in the fee that the receiving bank will impose....

Received mixed info on remittence bonus interest credit
some RM told me its only for 1 month and another told me the 0.73% is applicable for Jan, Feb and March...

Received mixed info on sign up gift $488
And to confirm able to get the $488 sign up gift, u have to fulfill BOTH of these citerias:
(1) must deposit min $200K for 90 days
(2) must deposit min $200K for 3 FULL consecutive months, meaning FEB, March and APRIL - which means can only remove the $200K by 1st May!?

can someone verify the above again, i've asked a few times and sometimes they tell me abt this clause (2) and other times they don't even mention...
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:30 AM   #1885

$3712.60 per year
$546 per year

You missed out another $200 cash for spending $600 on the new Premier credit card in the first month
leesn74 likes this.
jovialger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:04 AM   #1886

Base rate is 0.1% for premier? Of course if you have 2 premier accounts to cycle around every 2 months, then you win.

If not, it beats an Advance account holder of 1.45% bonus and 0.025% (base for >$50k). In addition to being Advance/Premier and enjoying the debit benefits, some spare funds can be parked here for no hassle 1 year 1.55%.

Just a discussion anyway. I am still evaluating.
is this account is just based on the "reference month", or also need to be "fresh fund"
If I move $ from my account from HSBC to my wife account, will she qualify for the higher interest rate?
Because SCB have to be fresh fund, and the source not from SCB
johanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:01 AM   #1887

is this account is just based on the "reference month", or also need to be "fresh fund"
If I move $ from my account from HSBC to my wife account, will she qualify for the higher interest rate?
Because SCB have to be fresh fund, and the source not from SCB
Fresh fund not from another HSBC account
vddgnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:17 AM   #1888
Supremacy Member

Do existing advance customers qualify then based on the above t&c?
babyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #1889
Master Member

Can i know where did u read this? any link?

i just called the CSO, and she said the remittence should only be done online to qualify and it cost $35 from HSBC, and still have to factor in the fee that the receiving bank will impose....

Received mixed info on remittence bonus interest credit
some RM told me its only for 1 month and another told me the 0.73% is applicable for Jan, Feb and March...
Remittance promotion T&C

https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Content_Mgmt/content/singapore/hsbcpremier/htm/promo/premier2014/displays/pdf/hsbc_january_to_march_18_remittance_campaign_tcs.pdf

It looks complex to me
Squaredot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:59 AM   #1890
High Supremacy Member

can i check exactly when i should start transferring the $200,000 in? I already filled up the registration website, i got an automated email saying thank you. But do Ineed to wait for any other email?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.