HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HSBC Step Up Promo

Like Tree659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2018, 07:10 PM   #2431
Master Member

previiously the CNY roadshow, they gave out $488 for opening credits + Abalone set, did they also give out $150 TAKA Vouchers with the Abolone?
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #2432

anyone in Dec-Feb cycle receive Feb SU bonus interest on 5 March?
not yet received. bonus not in as of today.
ottaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #2433
Supremacy Member

previiously the CNY roadshow, they gave out $488 for opening credits + Abalone set, did they also give out $150 TAKA Vouchers with the Abolone?
Never come across hsbc giving 2 roadshow gifts.
CNY roadshow was abalone gift set.
Mar roadshow was $150 Taka vouchers.
tmkedmw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #2434
Master Member

Never come across hsbc giving 2 roadshow gifts.
CNY roadshow was abalone gift set.
Mar roadshow was $150 Taka vouchers.
oic... i thought got both... Vouchers shd be better
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:06 PM   #2435

Anybody got any tips on how we can do the remittance at say $1 to get the interest? Or not possible to do it like this?
Nanonited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:54 PM   #2436

I let you remit to my overseas account. I will charge $20 for this service. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Anybody got any tips on how we can do the remittance at say $1 to get the interest? Or not possible to do it like this?
spikeling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:32 AM   #2437

Use the WWT function in your online banking acct. However, do note that there are 2 charges involved

1. Outward Remittance by HSBC (waived off for premier acct holders till end Mar 18)
2. Incoming Remittance by your overseas acct (Depends on your acct overseas. Higher tier bank acct holders might be able to get waiver)

I was charged USD15 when I transferred to my USA Citi Acct. Still waiting for my interests to credit. As such, no comments on the feasibility.
brown56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:13 AM   #2438
Supremacy Member

Use the WWT function in your online banking acct. However, do note that there are 2 charges involved

1. Outward Remittance by HSBC (waived off for premier acct holders till end Mar 18)
2. Incoming Remittance by your overseas acct (Depends on your acct overseas. Higher tier bank acct holders might be able to get waiver)

I was charged USD15 when I transferred to my USA Citi Acct. Still waiting for my interests to credit. As such, no comments on the feasibility.
there should also be a Corresponding / Agent bank fee which is unknown at point of remittance

is the USD 15 referring to the agent fee ?

u r right that both outward/inward remittance charges are/can be waived.
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:25 AM   #2439

there should also be a Corresponding / Agent bank fee which is unknown at point of remittance

is the USD 15 referring to the agent fee ?

u r right that both outward/inward remittance charges are/can be waived.
The USD15 was charged by the overseas bank for the incoming remittance, which in my case is USA Citi. My guess is that already included the agent fee.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #2440

The USD15 was charged by the overseas bank for the incoming remittance, which in my case is USA Citi. My guess is that already included the agent fee.

I was charged euro17 for incoming remittance to europe bank under OUR. Outward remittance and any agent fee are waived for premier until end of this month. Can ask hsbc to waive the receiving bank fee?

Last edited by itchying; 09-03-2018 at 11:53 AM..
itchying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #2441

I was charged euro17 for incoming remittance to europe bank under OUR. Outward remittance and any agent fee are waived for premier until end of this month. Can ask hsbc to waive the receiving bank fee?
The bank only can waive it own fees and charges, mean the bank not earn this fee. But Agent fee and receiving bank fee are 3rd party charges, if bank absorb it mean the bank need to pay it on your behalf. Don't think can waive.
vddgnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:14 PM   #2442

Didnt try to get hsbc to waive the receiving bank fee. Dont plan to try as my remittance amt was not significant.

Anyway,does it make sense that hsbc will help? Since the charges are from another bank and not from hsbc.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #2443

Didnt try to get hsbc to waive the receiving bank fee. Dont plan to try as my remittance amt was not significant.

Anyway,does it make sense that hsbc will help? Since the charges are from another bank and not from hsbc.
Haha yes i thought so prob hsbc will not waive. Unless the receiving bank account is mine and i ask the receiving bank to waive its incoming remittance charge.
itchying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #2444
Supremacy Member

if u remit to HSBC Premier or DBS Treasures accounts in HK, the inward fee will be waived by HSBC HK & DBS Treasures ... as stated in their Schedule of Fees

Agent/Correspondence Bank fee cannot be waived ... I estimate around USD 15
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:33 AM   #2445

Ez-Link topup count for $500

Assume Ez-Link or NETS FP topup at machine count to the minimum spend of $500 for 0.95%pa, can someone confirm?

“Retail Transactions” means any successful VISA transaction charged to the Debit Card with
transaction date falling within each Relevant Month, provided that the following transactions shall
not constitute valid Retail Transactions for purposes of this Promotion:
(i) transactions using NETS and QuickCash functionality;
(ii) fees or charges including annual fee, service fee and other miscellaneous fees in respect of
the Debit Card;
(iii) cash withdrawal at ATM machine; and,
(iv) any amount charged to the Debit Card during each Relevant Month that is subsequently
cancelled, voided or reversed.
johanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.