HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HSBC Step Up Promo

Like Tree593Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2018, 07:38 AM   #3196

hsbc always put that "while stock last" qualifier if i recall correctly.
So far, haven't encounter "out of stock" Taka voucher based on my experience.

Other roadshow gifts in the past have abalone gift sets running out during the last CNY promo... but it was a good thing, as they give u the higher-valued gift set instead.
Thanks for the info because intend to go on sat instead. At least should have daily quota also.
Xasteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #3197

Thanks for the info because intend to go on sat instead. At least should have daily quota also.
Thinking to go on Saturday also but if I FAST in the funds on Friday, will I still be able to collect the voucher on Saturday?

If I do this, will the 90 days maintenance period starts counting from Friday or Saturday?
shengliang1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:11 AM   #3198

Unhappy

Folks,
I have 2 accounts with HSBC, 1 premier and 1 advance which has ~~$0 amount in June 2018.

I wanted to register both for July 2018 promo to enjoy the step up interest/bonus but I was told by RM that I can only register 1 (one) account.
Anyone here has the same restriction imposed please share your understanding. If this is the case, which clause in the T&C dictates such regulation. Thanks in advance
leesn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:26 AM   #3199
Master Member

I personally don't have the same combination as what u have, so not speaking from personal experience.

I do recall that one cannot enjoy concurrent promo in your own single-same-name accounts, which in your case is 1 single-name premier and 1 single-name advanced.

Hope this helps.

Folks,
I have 2 accounts with HSBC, 1 premier and 1 advance which has ~~$0 amount in June 2018.

I wanted to register both for July 2018 promo to enjoy the step up interest/bonus but I was told by RM that I can only register 1 (one) account.
Anyone here has the same restriction imposed please share your understanding. If this is the case, which clause in the T&C dictates such regulation. Thanks in advance
tmkedmw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #3200

It was $120 in May. Not sure about June.
"Existing Premier customers who place S$100,000 using fresh funds will receive S$50 Takashimaya vouchers. Limited to 1 redemption per qualifying customer."
any chance for Advance customer deposit $100K to get vouchers?
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #3201

I personally don't have the same combination as what u have, so not speaking from personal experience.

I do recall that one cannot enjoy concurrent promo in your own single-same-name accounts, which in your case is 1 single-name premier and 1 single-name advanced.

Hope this helps.
Thank you tmkedmw.

In that case I can register 1 in July and the other to start in Aug...

BTW, both accounts have joint names. Thanks again
leesn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:10 AM   #3202
Master Member

Thank you tmkedmw.

In that case I can register 1 in July and the other to start in Aug...

BTW, both accounts have joint names. Thanks again
hmm ... think that would be deemed concurrent as well given under same promo period ?
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #3203
Master Member

Most probably your account number will only be ready the following day, so you would not be able to FAST on the spot. Best to bring a cheque so you can get the voucher on the spot.
What are the alternatives if I don't bring a cheque?

Would they send me the vouchers in a future date or do I need to go down to the branch to collect it after I fulfil the 200K fresh fund deposit after the account is set up?
eDisFieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:41 PM   #3204
Master Member

What are the alternatives if I don't bring a cheque?

Would they send me the vouchers in a future date or do I need to go down to the branch to collect it after I fulfil the 200K fresh fund deposit after the account is set up?
Staff need to verify you have topped up before issuing the vouchers and this is done during roadshow period.

I dont think they will send vouchers to you and not sure if they would keep it for self-collection after roadshow date either. But you shld ask when you are there opening account.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #3205
Master Member

kena $50 fall below fee today 4 Jul 2018 for a new joint account.

New account was supposedly opened on 1 Jun, but HSBC IB did not show my new account number until 6 Jun (I had to call in 2 times to make it happen). Fully funded on 7 Jun .. still kena hit bcos ADB counted from 1 Jun. Called to ask for waiver.

if u need to fund new account urgently, HSBC expects you to call & ask what the new account number is over the phone and make the transfer ... even when you dont see the new account number in your internet banking (really bad advice)
Old 04-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #3206
Master Member

so ppl fast in 200k, next moment just fast out the fund?

still get the voucher?

any recall?
pinpinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #3207

so ppl fast in 200k, next moment just fast out the fund?

still get the voucher?

any recall?
Cannot work. TnCs state withdrawals within 30 days prior to roadshow will be counted. Must be incremental increase of 100k or 200k for respective vouchers.
beautyseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:41 PM   #3208

The debit card spent need to be across all 3 mths ? Is this new ?
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:01 PM   #3209

kena $50 fall below fee today 4 Jul 2018 for a new joint account.

New account was supposedly opened on 1 Jun, but HSBC IB did not show my new account number until 6 Jun (I had to call in 2 times to make it happen). Fully funded on 7 Jun .. still kena hit bcos ADB counted from 1 Jun. Called to ask for waiver.

if u need to fund new account urgently, HSBC expects you to call & ask what the new account number is over the phone and make the transfer ... even when you dont see the new account number in your internet banking (really bad advice)
I purposely FAST in $0.01 today morning around 9am to see when it will get deducted but my $0.01 still have not get deducted. Do you know what time they deducted yours? Need to know when is safe period to enrol the step up again..
shengliang1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #3210
Master Member

I purposely FAST in $0.01 today morning around 9am to see when it will get deducted but my $0.01 still have not get deducted. Do you know what time they deducted yours? Need to know when is safe period to enrol the step up again..
SMS for deduction received around 8am

I have encountered before, for small balance, deduction may not happen.

The lowest amount deducted before was $0.70.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.