HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HSBC Step Up Promo

Like Tree606Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2018, 03:59 PM   #3226

The below bold portion in your post is actually marketing material on hsbc website.

If I read the actual July promo tncs where I extracted the relevant section for debit spend bonus, it states (link at http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Conte..._20180326.html)

For each Relevant Month, Eligible customers will enjoy additional bonus interest ("Debit Card Additional Bonus Interest") on the Top-up Amount (as defined below) at the rates set out in the table below if they successfully charge the following minimum spend on Retail Transaction(s) (as defined below) to their Debit Card (as defined below) by 2359 hrs on the last calendar day of that Relevant Month, subject to a minimum Top-up Amount of S$1 and a maximum Top-up Amount of S$100,000:

This verbage is the same as previous promo cycles.
So, what I had posted earlier still stands.... ie tncs not changed, it is only marketing verbage that had changed.
Thank you.
vsvs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:10 PM   #3227
Master Member

"Existing Premier customers who place S$100,000 using fresh funds will receive S$50 Takashimaya vouchers. Limited to 1 redemption per qualifying customer."
any chance for Advance customer deposit $100K to get vouchers?
any link where you saw this?

Edit:
Oh No, i just saw it on this page:
http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2/savings/?...sits_promotion

but i already transferred in the money, can i transfer out (to another person's bank account) and tmr i FAST back in from another bank account to get the TAKA Voucher?
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #3228

hehe ... Mine was just a hypothesis. One data point doesn't make a hypothesis a theory. More data points is actually needed to validate or invalidate my hypothesis.
Bro, your logic is very cheem, im not able to comprehend..
shengliang1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #3229

Did the roadshow voucher for new premier change? The other day I thought I saw part taka part RWS voucher. Now $250 taka voucher. Or am I dreaming.
vsvs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #3230
Master Member

This means that RWS "voucher no enugh" (poor stock planning as roadshow haven't even started)... so hsbc replaced RWS with Taka, resulting in a all Taka gift.

Did the roadshow voucher for new premier change? The other day I thought I saw part taka part RWS voucher. Now $250 taka voucher. Or am I dreaming.
tmkedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #3231
Master Member

Bro, your logic is very cheem, im not able to comprehend..
No worries, at times, hsbc tnc verbosity is beyond our comprehension as well
Old 04-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #3232

My hypothesis that was posted some months back is this :

hsbc actually deducts fall below fee on the 3rd of the month, but late at night.
hsbc ibanking will however show the deduction as being posted on the 4th. That would explain what you are observing.
hsbc may deduct late, but not that late until the value date become the next working day.

for me, always before 9pm. if not, then it may be the next day.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #3233
Master Member

hsbc may deduct late, but not that late until the value date become the next working day.

for me, always before 9pm. if not, then it may be the next day.
Thanks for sharing your data point.
hmm... how did u conclude that the fall below deduction is done b4 9pm? by monitoring hsbc ibanking?

The TRB handbook from hsbc states that fall below fee will be deducted on the 3rd working day, but so far, I have not come across anyone that posted that they kena deducted on the 3rd (deduction posted date on hsbc ibanking), that's why I hatched that hypothesis.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #3234

Thanks for sharing your data point.
hmm... how did u conclude that the fall below deduction is done b4 9pm? by monitoring hsbc ibanking?

The TRB handbook from hsbc states that fall below fee will be deducted on the 3rd working day, but so far, I have not come across anyone that posted that they kena deducted on the 3rd (deduction posted date on hsbc ibanking), that's why I hatched that hypothesis.
no need to monitoring online banking if have sms notification.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #3235
Master Member

no need to monitoring online banking if have sms notification.
oic. sms says -$50 from your account. Can share whether the sms is dated 3rd, or a later date.

Reason i ask is because the trb handbook states deduction on the 3rd, but so far, no data point received from anyone got deducted on the 3rd. I had only seen posted deduction date on the 4th.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #3236

oic. sms says -$50 from your account. Can share whether the sms is dated 3rd, or a later date.

Reason i ask is because the trb handbook states deduction on the 3rd, but so far, no data point received from anyone got deducted on the 3rd. I had only seen posted deduction date on the 4th.
if i remember correctly, if a transaction takes place before the cut-off time, it will show current date. if after cut-off, then the next working day's date.

there were times the sms didn't arrive on time, but usually for transactions happening after the nightly cut-off time till early morning.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #3237
Master Member

if i remember correctly, if a transaction takes place before the cut-off time, it will show current date. if after cut-off, then the next working day's date.

there were times the sms didn't arrive on time, but usually for transactions happening after the nightly cut-off time till early morning.
hsbc biz day (Mon-Fri) transaction cutoff time is 10pm. For Sat, it is 5pm.
The above is for user initiated transaction, eg making a debit spend at 10:30pm will show value date as next biz day.

However, for hsbc initiated transaction like deducting fall below fee, crediting interest, etc... don't really know their cut off times.

sms arrival time is not as reliable as there can be problems with the bank's sms gateway, congestion, etc....

best is to look at the posted date of the fall below fee deduction in hsbc ibanking.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:25 PM   #3238

hsbc biz day (Mon-Fri) transaction cutoff time is 10pm. For Sat, it is 5pm.
The above is for user initiated transaction, eg making a debit spend at 10:30pm will show value date as next biz day.

However, for hsbc initiated transaction like deducting fall below fee, crediting interest, etc... don't really know their cut off times.
that's why i said it won't be that late. it's up to you if you want to keep logging into online banking and check. for me, i just wait for sms
Old 04-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #3239
Master Member

that's why i said it won't be that late. it's up to you if you want to keep logging into online banking and check. for me, i just wait for sms
I am not doing this for myself, I had never kena fall below, so I have no data point to contribute.

The whole intent of this is to determine, with the help of data points from forummers here, the date that hsbc does the fall below fee deduction.

according to trb handbook, it is on the 3rd day, but so far, there is no data that shows they deduct on the 3rd day. There is, however, some data that shows deduction for the 4th.

The date is important, as one may want to FAST in only after hsbc had done their deduction.

For those who kena deduction, appreciate if u can share your posted deduction date as seen in hsbc ibanking.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #3240
Master Member

SMS and Posting both on 4th Jul
oceanicmanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.