HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

shengliang1981

Reaction score
1)Can you attach the url where you found out that advance account can be converted to premier account?
>> No URL. Maybe your RM never handle such cases before, I did 2 Advance account conversion. One at Jurong East and the other at Dhoby Ghuat. My RM at Jurong East told me is doable when I told him I wanted to convert to Premier in May-2018, he told me the conversion was only launched early 2018.

2)He says that the interest rate for premier account that was converted from advance account will earn Advance interest rate. So can I check have you actually calculated that the interest earned is at the premier rate?
>> I just did a bonus interest calculation for March-2019 and it tally with the bonus interest (same dollar and cents) that HSBC given me on 5 April-2019.

SUM(ADB - 01 Mar to 31 Mar) / 31 Days x 0.0188 / 365 Days x 31 Days

Does your converted advance account displayed as hsbc advance account or premier account after login to internet banking in the summary page?

Smallchange

Reaction score
I called the premier line and they say account ending 492 is advance and they will have to create a new one ending with 496 for premier.

Would it be possible for u to photo your log in screen?

Shown as Premier Account with the same advance account number.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called the premier line and they say account ending 492 is advance and they will have to create a new one ending with 496 for premier.

Since so troublesome why not just create new premier and keep the advance as zero ? Does conversion have more benefits than new ?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Refer to the Mobile App Screenshot.

http://i63.tinypic.com/33vm0jl.jpg

Last edited:

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since so troublesome why not just create new premier and keep the advance as zero ? Does conversion have more benefits than new ?

Maybe due to turnaround time and able to FAST immediately.

I did it because of the above reasons.

Smallchange

Reaction score
I go down to branch but RM didn’t give me the correct advice. Just an awful waste of my time and energy.

Yap... agree to wait out till next month promotion...
He might be preparing and gathering information.

Last edited:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I originally thought can fast in so I didn’t bring cheque, but he says need cheque, so I went to another bank to withdraw cashier order. Last week I can already see my premier account online but my funds not credited. I keep chasing him what happened to my cheque then my funds get credited today. Lousy.

Can fast after account is created,
it's doable. If u get a CO from another bank, u may lose some interest if there is a delay in creation of your new HSBC account or CO deposit.
The next best is give RM your personal cheque lor.

I agree some RMs are less knowledgeable, will cause some inconvenience to account holders :(

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's doable. If u get a CO from another bank, u may lose some interest if there is a delay in creation of your new HSBC account or CO deposit.

I agree some RMs are less knowledgeable, will cause some inconvenience to account holders :(

Problem is if fast cannot get vouchers. If cheque can get vouchers.

So looks like for new account opening where you want to get topup vouchers must give cheque since new account number not available immediately for you to fast in on the spot to show the top up to hsbc for them to release the voucher.

arigatoast

Reaction score

i got my new premier acct open on 08 apr, the whole day i try to FAST in but keep getting rejection . reason is invalid acct number. i called HSBC to asked, but they say my acct is opened with no problems. :s11::s11: anybody knows the reason y i cant FAST in ? thanks!

shengliang1981

Reaction score
i got my new premier acct open on 08 apr, the whole day i try to FAST in but keep getting rejection . reason is invalid acct number. i called HSBC to asked, but they say my acct is opened with no problems. :s11::s11: anybody knows the reason y i cant FAST in ? thanks!

Usually need wait one day after account is opened then only able to FAST in

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That's how HSBC banking system works. Some IT process need to run after a new account is created in order for the new account to be able to accept fast transfer. Typically by next day then u can fast in.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Advance account can be converted to premier and receive welcome reward.

Premier can be converted to Jade, but no longer receive welcome reward since 1 Apr 2019.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
schedule transfer

Do you guys know, for schedule transfer from HSBC SG ib, what time it will be executed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.