HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
'That' RM at jurong branch like **** attitude.

The service manager also insist cannot waive and say waive 1 time for you. Rubbish to the Max.

agree it's up to RM's discretion

so far, my RM has been good, and I have been referring new sign-ups to him.

He waived off charges for USD Cashier Order for me. I have not asked for fall below waiver from him before for myself ... so I think he would do me a favour ;)

itchying

Reaction score
Whats a hsbc quickfix app. Can use it to do a wwt and get the remittnance bonus and $38 cashback and no fee charges?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2//savings/

Seems like new Promotion is out

There is a new promotion for Everyday Global Account ?

Eligible Account Top-up Amount Bonus Interest Rate
Everyday Global Account S$1- S$2,000,000 2% p.a.

Spending bonus interest (S$800) - 2%

Convert bonus interest (Min. S$5000 conversion from SGD to foreign currencies via QuickFX app or Personal Internet Banking) - 1% (Advance) / 1.8% (Premier) / 2% (Jade)

Bonus interest for CASA Account become 1.5% (Premier)

Last edited:

Reaction score
just submitted for the Everyday account. Do you have this account rates for last month's hsbc?

im intrigued with this below, can it be used to fund trading account in USD?

"simply fund your HSBC Everyday Global Account with the foreign currencies that you intend to spend and transact with your HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card. We will deduct the same transacted amount from your account without any FX fee."

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just submitted for the Everyday account. Do you have this account rates for last month's hsbc?

im intrigued with this below, can it be used to fund trading account in USD?

"simply fund your HSBC Everyday Global Account with the foreign currencies that you intend to spend and transact with your HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card. We will deduct the same transacted amount from your account without any FX fee."

I never notice Everyday Global account promotion in Apr Promotion.

Everyday account is a multiple currency account, if your Everyday account (USD) pocket has fund it will deduct from it.

How do I get to enjoy no FX fee on my overseas purchases?

Simply fund your HSBC Everyday Global Account with the foreign currencies that you intend to spend and transact with your HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card. We will deduct the same transacted amount from your account without any FX fee.

Please note that you may be given the option to select debiting the overseas purchase in your home currency (i.e. Singapore dollar) or in foreign currency.

If home currency is selected, you will incur a Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) fee charged by the overseas bank with the overseas purchase, converted to the home currency and debited from your Singapore dollar currency account.

Can I use my HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card if I have insufficient foreign currency balance?

Yes. We will convert your overseas transaction amount using a prevailing rate that the bank determines and bill you in Singapore dollar currency. However if you do not have sufficient Singapore dollar balance, we will decline the transaction.

https://www.hsbc.com.sg/debit-card/products/everyday-global/faq/#withdrawal

Last edited:

Reaction score
Thanks.
it takes 2 working days or so; and everyday is the one with 2%. normal account is 1.5?

"Disclaimer
4 Average exchange rate from relevant card scheme associations, with 2.5% administration fee applied."

and need to ask hsbc above. looks not much different then.

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
it takes 2 working days or so; and everyday is the one with 2%. normal account is 1.5?

"Disclaimer
4 Average exchange rate from relevant card scheme associations, with 2.5% administration fee applied."

and need to ask hsbc above. looks not much different then.

Based on the Promotion Information, Everyday Global is 2% and CASA is 1.5%.

CASA TnC not updated yet.

New Customers (Everyday Global Account)
https://www.hsbc.com.sg/content/dam/hsbc/sg/documents/ways-to-bank/new-everyday-global-accounts-promotion.pdf

Existing Customers (Everyday Global Account)
https://www.hsbc.com.sg/content/dam/hsbc/sg/documents/ways-to-bank/everyday-global-accounts-promotion.pdf

Last edited:

devion

Reaction score
https://www.hsbc.com.sg/content/dam...ts/offers/existing-customer-step-up-bonus.pdf
For the top up amount for each month during the promotion, it stated about reference month being taken to regard the amount of top up in the current month. When is this reference month? Is it the month prior to the current month?
Eg. open acct in Feb, top up 100K which will qualify the top up bonus. Withdraw 100K in Mar. Deposit back 100K in Apr, so Apr is considered top up of 100K?

Last edited:

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.hsbc.com.sg/content/dam...ts/offers/existing-customer-step-up-bonus.pdf
For the top up amount for each month during the promotion, it stated about reference month being taken to regard the amount of top up in the current month. When is this reference month? Is it the month prior to the current month?
Eg. open acct in Feb, top up 100K which will qualify the top up bonus. Withdraw 100K in Mar. Deposit back 100K in Apr, so Apr is considered top up of 100K?

Reference Month will be indicated in the TnC. Not necessary the month prior to the current month.

So far the HSBC bonus interest is for 3 months, if you sign up for Feb Promotion, you will enjoy bonus interest for the month Feb - Mar - Apr.

The link you shared is for Mar 2019 and Apr 2019 Promotion. The reference month is Feb 2019.

“Top-up Amount” means the increase in Deposits TRB for the relevant calendar month compared against the relevant Deposits TRB for the reference month of February 2019.

Last edited:

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So now got new name issit?

So Advance is Everyday or CASA ah?

If I'm not wrong, Advance account is classified as CASA

CASA refer to Current Account Saving Account

Everyday Global Account is previously known as Multi Currency Saving Account

Last edited:

devion

Reaction score
Everyday global acct bonus interest promo only for 2 months, then there is a fall below 2K fee for every month there after.

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everyday global acct bonus interest promo only for 2 months, then there is a fall below 2K fee for every month there after.

Promotion is 2 months - if you sign up within this 2 months, you will enjoy the bonus interest in the TnC.

The bonus interest is 3 months as indicated in the TnC.

For the avoidance of doubt, Eligible Customers who open an Eligible Account in May 2019 will be paid Bonus Interest on the Top-up Amount for the calendar months of May 2019, June 2019 and July 2019. Eligible Customers who open an Eligible Account in June 2019 will be paid Bonus Interest on the Top-up Amount for the calendar months of June 2019, July 2019 and August 2019.

Fall Below Fee is S$2 if the average daily balance falls below minimum balance of S$2,000 or its equivalent

Last edited:

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can’t find option to open everyday global account for existing cudromer.

Need to go down to branch?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm this? I hold Advance account.
The registration link is still not updated https://www.apps.asiapacific.hsbc.com/1/2/sgh2/hsbc-msv-campaign

HSBC Advance account is listed under CASA.
1) Go to the URL - https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2//savings/
2) Click "more details" under CASA Step Up - Save

Eligible Account Top-up Amount Bonus Interest Rate
Premier Account S$1- S$2,000,000 1.50% p.a.
Advance Account S$1- S$2,000,000 1.45% p.a.
Statement Savings Account S$1- S$2,000,000 1.40% p.a.

Registration link not yet updated. Wait for it to be updated then register. Today is a public holiday, therefore transferred funds will be valued as 2nd May. No need to rush to Transfer by today.

If going for Bonus Interest - Step Up and Spending, why not open Everyday Global (2% on Save and 2% on Spend)

For existing account holder, You can open Everyday Global Account via internet banking. However need to wait for Debit Card.

It will be Interesting if the below are allow:
- if we can register for both CASA and Everyday Global promotion concurrently, if one can spend $1600 it might be worth it to split the fund to CASA and Everyday Global to earn spending interest.
- roadshow fresh fund top up promotion allow splitting of fund between CASA and Everyday Global.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.