oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Joint account prefix is 146

the middle 6 digits shld be the same for EGA or CASA

last 3 digits 221 = EGA, while 496 = Premier/CASA

saladrat

Reaction score
The CSO all very lost. I called yesterday she say cannot open online must go branch. I told her your website say can open online. She say maybe they just changed it. I told her people have open online for 2 mths already.

Is there any way to see if the account is under single or joint from internet banking ? I realise even the estatement don't indicate 2 names for joint account. I open EGA with reference to Joint premier account and want to make sure it is a joint EGA account.
My experience exactly same. Everyone you speak with at HSBC says different things.

End up I just went to raffles place branch just now to get my Internet token replaced immediately and applied ega online.

Hope to get the account ready by Friday for roadshow then fast in.

Whereever possible avoid human service at hsbc. Self service more reliable.

If not for the step up interest I'll stay away

saladrat

Reaction score
I opened EGA online yesterday about 3pm. Just check. EGA not shown yet.

Maybe you can try to call the CS ask if can expedite in time for roadshow? Then update us here pls we also wanna know can expedite or not haha. I just applied online ten min ago don't think I should call in so soon

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can try to call the CS ask if can expedite in time for roadshow? Then update us here pls we also wanna know can expedite or not haha. I just applied online ten min ago don't think I should call in so soon

Website says 2 working days. I check again tomorrow.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the advantage of EGA? Sorry has been a while since I closed my hsbc account

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just happened to notice today that the welcome rewards for new premier relationship need to maintain $200k for minimum 92 days. Anyone noticed since when did HSBC changed this from 90 to 92 days?

https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2//campaigns/premier/

Seems the required maintenance period is not longer in number of days liao. See Point 6 of T&Cs. It goes by what month to what month.
I guess "92 days" is illustration for interest calculation from 1 August to 31 October 2019?

stated in point 6

shengliang1981

Reaction score
Seems the required maintenance period is not longer in number of days liao. See Point 6 of T&Cs. It goes by what month to what month.
I guess "92 days" is illustration for interest calculation from 1 August to 31 October 2019?

stated in point 6

Oh ya. I think i misintepreted the 92 days thingy. Thanks for pointing out

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So what happens after 3 months after the saving promo ends and one is locked in for 6 months for the welcome gift? Fixed deposit?

xtinkz

Reaction score
Thanks.

Anyone knows when the fall below fee is deducted usually? Trying to game the system.

@xtinkz

1) yes
2) hope bros here report deduction date or leave $0.20 (1c may not deduct) ... THEREAFTER, u r free to do what u intend
3) yes since u r existing account (unless for new account, then no need)

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ya. I think i misintepreted the 92 days thingy. Thanks for pointing out

But the table in point 6 quite strange :s13:

For example (see first row), reference month June, Sign up by 31 July, Maintenance Period is 1 August to 31 October.

But if a customer opens new Premier Account with 200k on 4 July during roadshow, he has to keep 200k in his account till 31 Oct?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the table in point 6 quite strange :s13:

For example (see first row), reference month June, Sign up by 31 July, Maintenance Period is 1 August to 31 October.

But if a customer opens new Premier Account with 200k on 4 July during roadshow, he has to keep 200k in his account till 31 Oct?

good point ... the table is different to the Q2 T&C where "maintenance period" is not mentioned

https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Con...ome-reward-promotion-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Previously, Maintenance Period is defined as 90 Consecutive Days

Now MP is defined in the table ie 3 Calendar Months after funding month ... Must take note !

Last edited:

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever got fall below deducted on the 3rd of the month , or the 4th ?

in April 2019, the bonus interest was credited on the 4th of the month.... have to take note... sometimes they will deduct the fall below right after they credit the interest, on same day....

April, Jun July 2018 also interest credited on the 5th, very risky....

Is there any way we can set up sms alerts for incoming funds, so that we can transfer it out in time to avoid the fall below ?

Last edited:

Listopad

Reaction score
for the EGA promotion, are you guys aware that for the debit card spending $800, only SGD spending will qualify and not the other currencies. is that consistent with your understanding? I was informed by the CSO when opening the account.

Last edited:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for the EGA promotion, are you guys aware that for the debit card spending $800, only SGD spending will qualify and not the other currencies. is that consistent with your understanding? I was informed by the CSO when opening the account.

dont think so la, some csa damn blur, its sgd 800 equivalent, not sgd 800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.