HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes :s12:

Yesterday morning I questioned my M on the maintenance period with calculations and all. Asked him to check again.

To my surprise, email reply came quite quickly (ard 10.50am) with apologies and agreed my interpretation of 3months is right. The t&c is revised and attached a copy of the revised t&c with 90d maintenance for "my reference", no need to re-sign.

So I'm gg to withdraw on 1 October :s12:

Btw, he is from Claymore Branch
I wonder why some branches so outdated, still holding onto the old t&c in the afternoon :s8:

Hopefully next roadshow not so messy :)

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used my Premier Debit card for MRT rides.

The trip amount not reflected as on hold for several days.

Wonder what will happen if I zero out that Debit account ?

saladrat

Reaction score
I passed my cheque to rm at hv yesterday morning. Anyone knows if I start accruing interest from yesterday or only when ega is actually opened?

If its the latter I lose quite a bit over the weekend...

My case also quite silly because the EGA application I submitted online finally got opened yesterday afternoon and in the morning I had gone to branch to open account.

Each customer can only get one EGA right? In this case the bank should have deposited my cheque into the already opened EGA.

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I passed my cheque to rm at hv yesterday morning. Anyone knows if I start accruing interest from yesterday or only when ega is actually opened?

think it shld be when EGA is actually opened ... no account cannot accrue interest

is your EGA tied to an existing Premier/Advance account ? If yes, then got chance EGA could have been created on same day

saladrat

Reaction score
think it shld be when EGA is actually opened ... no account cannot accrue interest

is your EGA tied to an existing Premier/Advance account ? If yes, then got chance EGA could have been created on same day

Ya... Existing premier account. But somehow the account doesn't show any funds on hold yet - I thought the cheque should already reflect

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My case also quite silly because the EGA application I submitted online finally got opened yesterday afternoon and in the morning I had gone to branch to open account.

Each customer can only get one EGA right? In this case the bank should have deposited my cheque into the already opened EGA.

So messy. Hopefully the account you see in the afternoon is the one you opened at branch in the morning, not the one from online.

If cheque is deposited by HSBC on Fri, you will only see the amount in EGA on Mon after 2pm. Cheque withdrawal from cheque account also shows up only on Mon.

Last edited:

saladrat

Reaction score
Yes :s12:

Yesterday morning I questioned my M on the maintenance period with calculations and all. Asked him to check again.

To my surprise, email reply came quite quickly (ard 10.50am) with apologies and agreed my interpretation of 3months is right. The t&c is revised and attached a copy of the revised t&c with 90d maintenance for "my reference", no need to re-sign.

So I'm gg to withdraw on 1 October :s12:

Btw, he is from Claymore Branch
I wonder why some branches so outdated, still holding onto the old t&c in the afternoon :s8:

If all of us withdraw on 1 Oct, and imagine they start claw back all of us... the uproar will be significant... they will lose customers... better absorb the costs and just deal with it internally to plug their TNC and internal communications gaps than to scare off lots of customers

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If revised TnC is 90 days then 90 days is 1st Oct (assuming deposit value date is 4th Jul)?

Can only withdraw on the 91th day (2nd Oct)?

Yes. I had always been following "withdraw on 91st day".

Some do try to squeeze out 1 day earlier.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully next roadshow not so messy :)
I guess new t&cs will roll out in next roadshow. Not from reliable source or hearsay, just my guess from the email. Let me share it.

"The previous version of T&C has been recalled and will be reviewed by our marketing department before being implemented in future."

Well, we just carry out the t&c we sign for. No more no less. And no need to rain on other's parade :s13:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess new t&cs will roll out in next roadshow. Not from reliable source or hearsay, just my guess from the email. Let me share it.

"The previous version of T&C has been recalled and will be reviewed by our marketing department before being implemented in future."

Well, we just carry out the t&c we sign for. No more no less. And no need to rain on other's parade :s13:

Thanks for sharing. I emailed my RM from MP today. See how they reply next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.