HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HSBC Step Up Promo

Like Tree689Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2019, 09:40 PM   #4876

Really Fxxx bank. I was charged for FX fees for worldwide xfer done a month ago. I saw that HSBC stated no fees for WW FX till Sep 19.
Called CSO & say he needs a day to check & get back to me. Already 2 days, never received call.
End up send msg to them via online.
Few times called CSO to check on bank transactions, bonus interest, everytime CSO cannot resolve on the spot, say will refer to another dept & call me back in next few days. Really lousy customer service....CSO cannot handle on the spot.
Other banks much more efficient in handling customer issues/queries.
How much did you get charged for? I think the fee waiver applies to premier account only and exclude intermediary and beneficiary bank charges. For advance account, there will be $10 charges from HSBC.
oceanicmanta likes this.
shengliang1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #4877

It shld be eligible per the T&C.
exclude "transactions involving any pre-paid card and/or digital wallet top-ups, including but not limited to EZ-link, Transitlink or NETS FlashPay"

Grey area. SimplyGo is neither pre-paid card or digital wallet. But is it related to Transitlink?
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #4878
Supremacy Member

exclude "transactions involving any pre-paid card and/or digital wallet top-ups, including but not limited to EZ-link, Transitlink or NETS FlashPay"

Grey area. SimplyGo is neither pre-paid card or digital wallet. But is it related to Transitlink?
For other CC, the ABT/SimplyGo transaction description is "BUS/MRT XXXXXX SINGAPORE SG"

Think have strong case to argue it is not top-up related & a genuine Visa transaction.
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 03:03 AM   #4879
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone recv bonus interest for $800 debit spend for march? or have to wait till end may..
Old 17-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #4880
Master Member

anyone recv bonus interest for $800 debit spend for march? or have to wait till end may..
I Haven't receive too... think just have to wait till end May.

Last edited by NTTDoCoMo; 17-05-2019 at 08:20 AM..
NTTDoCoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #4881

I called them earlier for ez-reload and they said excluded
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:24 AM   #4882

I Haven't receive too... think just have to wait till end May.
same here, havent
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #4883
Arch-Supremacy Member

I called them earlier for ez-reload and they said excluded
Ez-reload is ezlink...I think it's quite clear cut.
hwmook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #4884

any views if this is likely to be an on-going promotion ?
Listopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #4885
Supremacy Member

any views if this is likely to be an on-going promotion ?
Stepup promo is ongoing for the past 2.5 years and counting...
tmkedmw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #4886

Stepup promo is ongoing for the past 2.5 years and counting...
thanks! anyone can share what be the optimum way to manoeuvre the "fresh funds". there is a 1 month "cooling period" before the next cycle starts right? do you guys typically open 1 account for each spouse to manage this ?
Listopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #4887
Master Member

thanks! anyone can share what be the optimum way to manoeuvre the "fresh funds". there is a 1 month "cooling period" before the next cycle starts right? do you guys typically open 1 account for each spouse to manage this ?
each spouse? I only have 1 spouse

ok jokes aside. Typically, bros have 3 accounts:
Single Account A
Single Account B (spouse)
Joint Acct A&B
Squaredot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #4888

How much did you get charged for? I think the fee waiver applies to premier account only and exclude intermediary and beneficiary bank charges. For advance account, there will be $10 charges from HSBC.
$41. CSO said it was HSBC bank charges. Waiting for their reply in msg. Till now the previous CSO via phone never got back to me, 3 days...poor lousy service...really.
devion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #4889
Master Member

$41. CSO said it was HSBC bank charges. Waiting for their reply in msg. Till now the previous CSO via phone never got back to me, 3 days...poor lousy service...really.
Where did you remit to? Is the $41 Charge by intermediary bank?

The Option you choose for "Fee paid by" might determine where the Charges is charge to.
- Charges to be Shared
- All Charges to be paid from my account
- All Charges to be paid by beneficiary

If charges are paid by beneficiary, the amount to credit will be minus the overseas charges. If charges are paid from my account, the amount to debit will not include the charges. Charges (if any) will be shown separately from remittance amount in the account history page. If charges are to be shared, local charges will be paid by remitter, overseas by beneficiary.Overseas charges are levied by the intermediary and / or beneficiary banks to facilitate the remittance.
NTTDoCoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #4890
Arch-Supremacy Member

there are 3 charges when you do WW remittance, issuing bank, recipient bank, and intermediary bank. HSBC premier will only waive the outgoing charges but intermediary and recipient bank still will have charges. Cannot assume waiver of charges means zero fees for intermediary bank.

I was charged $40+ also from intermediary bank, appealed to HSBC, intermediary bank citi, and recipient morgan stanley, all rejected.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.