HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HSBC Step Up Promo

Like Tree694Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #6346
Supremacy Member

Thanks Bro.

U mentioned QuickFx - u mean it's a separate mobile app?

And is that linked to our EGA accounts?

Thomas
yes, QuickFX is a separate HSBC app ... it used to have "first-use" promo, not anymore, thus not as useful now

anyways, the online rate using WorldWide Transfer or Buy/Sell FX is better (slightly, negligibly)
oceanicmanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #6347

But it's still good for getting that additional 1.8% interest.

What is this Worldwide Tsf? I'm missing out alot of things! Lol...

yes, QuickFX is a separate HSBC app ... it used to have "first-use" promo, not anymore, thus not as useful now

anyways, the online rate using WorldWide Transfer or Buy/Sell FX is better (slightly, negligibly)
xtinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 08:31 PM   #6348

when will ega spend bonus for Sep in?
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 09:08 PM   #6349

when will ega spend bonus for Sep in?
Based on recent trends, likely will be end November or early December
shengliang1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #6350

Is this (ww transfer or buy/sell fx) the same as a transfer between ega SGD n ega USD in the HSBC app?
crashdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #6351
Supremacy Member

Is this (ww transfer or buy/sell fx) the same as a transfer between ega SGD n ega USD in the HSBC app?
essentially Yes ... the rates are the same (not the TT rate), but the process is different.

the simplest way to transfer within your own HSBC account is using the Buy/Sell FX online

WWT is used to transfer to other bank's account .. It can also be used to transfer to own HSBC account but need to set up as new Beneficiary (meaning one extra step)

the problem with HSBC funds transfer is that it does not allow you to SAVE a Payee for future use ... you have to complete a funds transfer for the Payee to be saved ...
oceanicmanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 08:15 PM   #6352

Usually when will roadshows come in? Any end Oct? How long does EGA card arrive, can apply first before roadshow? Only got the usual debit card now but thinking of opening EGA.
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 10:19 PM   #6353

Usually when will roadshows come in? Any end Oct? How long does EGA card arrive, can apply first before roadshow? Only got the usual debit card now but thinking of opening EGA.
roadshows are typically thur-sat on 1st week of month. EGA account takes about 1 week +/- to open from visiting branch. card will arrive after account is opened.
silverbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 07:00 PM   #6354

Hi. One question. Anyone used ipaymy on ega debit card and qualify for the $800 spent? TIA.

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
koolkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #6355

Hi. Just to confirm to get the convert bonus, to do the conversion via Internet banking, I choose "transfer /buy and sell fx" and choose from the EGA SGD acc, and beneficiary as the EGA USD account, amount is $5000? The exchange rate will be chosen automatically? Then once transferred, do the reverse and switch back to SGD? Is SGD to USD OK or I should go for other forex pair? Anything to take note? Is it better to do this during weekend or weekday to minimise any fx risk? TIA.

I did the "transfer /buy and sell fx". Round trip cost is about $90. Hmm. don't seemed to get the $60 - $70 cost that was estimated. Maybe I did something wrong? But profit of $60 also good lah. :-)

Old 25-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #6356

Hi. One question. Anyone used ipaymy on ega debit card and qualify for the $800 spent? TIA.

One more question. Anyone top up Youtrip and counted as part of $800 spent?

Sent from Xiaomi MI PAD 4 using GAGT
Old 27-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #6357
Master Member

One more question. Anyone top up Youtrip and counted as part of $800 spent?
you can do a small amount first and wait 2 days for merchant to post to bank, then call in to check with HSBC to see if it is eligible , can update us if you manage to find out
Old 27-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #6358

Anyone received the interest credit for the debit spend clocked in August? EGA account.
Old 27-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #6359

Anyone received the interest credit for the debit spend clocked in August? EGA account.
Yes, for Jun-Aug cycle
shengliang1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #6360

Hmm... I haven't got the credit .. my cycle is from Aug- Oct..

Does it matter which cycle? I would have thought it should be dependent on the month of the transactions.

Yes, for Jun-Aug cycle
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.