HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Integrated Shield Plans Premium to go up again

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2018, 03:58 PM   #1

Integrated Shield Plans Premium to go up again

Hi guys, just a headup that integrated shield plans premium from the various insurers are going to go up again next year. So far the worse I heard is some premium can go up as much as 80%.
FP_IFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys, just a headup that integrated shield plans premium from the various insurers are going to go up again next year. So far the worse I heard is some premium can go up as much as 80%.
Not a problem at all.

ISPs are a privilege, not an entitlement.

Only those who can afford it should have it.

Sent from . using GAGT
FP_IFA likes this.
crimsontactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #3
SBC
Supremacy Member

V worried when gov is trying to help. It does not come cheap.
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

integrated shield plan supposedly for hospitalisation insurance, but someone recently posted how he was advised to claim for ultrasound, by checking into a short-stay ward so it counts as hospitalisation.

if this is a common practice, checking into hospital just to do tests, then i can see why the claims are going up and premiums have to go up, because there is no end to the number of tests you can do....

I have done MRI in the past, cost me nearly $1k, not claimable as MRI took 1hr. But If I had checked into hospital short stay ward ("for observation") and then do MRI, I can claim?

Too bad I didn't do this... too busy at work to check myself into a short stay ward.
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

V worried when gov is trying to help. It does not come cheap.
Gov is Medishield Life.

ISPs are not by gov. They should have the rights to charge however they want.

Sent from . using GAGT
crimsontactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:46 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Gov is Medishield Life.

ISPs are not by gov. They should have the rights to charge however they want.

Sent from . using GAGT
yeah but it is because of this Medishield Life that was introduced that started this trend of ISP premiums increase
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

integrated shield plan supposedly for hospitalisation insurance, but someone recently posted how he was advised to claim for ultrasound, by checking into a short-stay ward so it counts as hospitalisation.

if this is a common practice, checking into hospital just to do tests, then i can see why the claims are going up and premiums have to go up, because there is no end to the number of tests you can do....

I have done MRI in the past, cost me nearly $1k, not claimable as MRI took 1hr. But If I had checked into hospital short stay ward ("for observation") and then do MRI, I can claim?

Too bad I didn't do this... too busy at work to check myself into a short stay ward.
ya if check in can claim which many place will advise u to sho u can claim n they cn charge higher also. i must say that since hospitalisation plan is introduced hospital might hv earned a lot more since itís easy money
Geeezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Must remove the buffet plan. I think it's escalating prices more than the good benefits.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah but it is because of this Medishield Life that was introduced that started this trend of ISP premiums increase
Not related, singaporeans are kiasu and will try to take advantage to squeeze as much "value" out thus all push up the claims and all die together.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #10

Think I paid 1.8K this year (MA+ cash) for hospitalisation plan, no choice suck thumb pay...have pre-existing conditions so dare not change.
ELKYme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #11

Forcing insurance companies to insure those with pre-existing illnesses and yet cannot charge more than 100% increase in premiums, obviously somebody has to pay for the super high costs associated with insuring these people since they will start claiming a lot of $$$ for their pre-existing illnesses the moment they become insured right?

It was precisely because of introducing Medishield Life that my IP premiums has gone up >200%, and yet my coverage is not much better than before Medishield Life (there are only cosmetic improvements to "justify" the >200% increase)!

Only the stupid or people with ulterior motive to propagate fake news will deny this fact!

Last edited by ervino; 08-11-2018 at 07:45 PM..
ervino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:45 PM   #12
High Supremacy Member

But unlike Medishield Life, ISP is not mandatory.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

insurance agents will tell you otherwise. that medishield life is not enough!
Old 08-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not related, singaporeans are kiasu and will try to take advantage to squeeze as much "value" out thus all push up the claims and all die together.
they are indirectly related. cant be ISP premiums not increase that much(did increase, but not that frequently) for 20-30 years then suddenly need to increase 2 times in less than 3-5 years.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #15

You just need Medishield Life to be mandatory and forcing insurers to insure those with pre-existing illness and insurers will have to find extra revenue to cover these costs (not provided by the Gov) from somewhere, so ISP mandatory or not can't cover up this fact of why ISP premiums got jacked up so much because of Gov introducing Medishield Life!

ervino is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.