Integrated Shield Plans Premium to go up again

FP_IFA

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a headup that integrated shield plans premium from the various insurers are going to go up again next year. So far the worse I heard is some premium can go up as much as 80%.

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just a headup that integrated shield plans premium from the various insurers are going to go up again next year. So far the worse I heard is some premium can go up as much as 80%.
Not a problem at all.

ISPs are a privilege, not an entitlement.

Only those who can afford it should have it.

Sent from . using GAGT

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
V worried when gov is trying to help. It does not come cheap.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
integrated shield plan supposedly for hospitalisation insurance, but someone recently posted how he was advised to claim for ultrasound, by checking into a short-stay ward so it counts as hospitalisation.

if this is a common practice, checking into hospital just to do tests, then i can see why the claims are going up and premiums have to go up, because there is no end to the number of tests you can do....

I have done MRI in the past, cost me nearly $1k, not claimable as MRI took 1hr. But If I had checked into hospital short stay ward ("for observation") and then do MRI, I can claim?

Too bad I didn't do this... too busy at work to check myself into a short stay ward.

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
V worried when gov is trying to help. It does not come cheap.
Gov is Medishield Life.

ISPs are not by gov. They should have the rights to charge however they want.

Sent from . using GAGT

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gov is Medishield Life.

ISPs are not by gov. They should have the rights to charge however they want.

Sent from . using GAGT

yeah but it is because of this Medishield Life that was introduced that started this trend of ISP premiums increase

Geeezz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
integrated shield plan supposedly for hospitalisation insurance, but someone recently posted how he was advised to claim for ultrasound, by checking into a short-stay ward so it counts as hospitalisation.

if this is a common practice, checking into hospital just to do tests, then i can see why the claims are going up and premiums have to go up, because there is no end to the number of tests you can do....

I have done MRI in the past, cost me nearly $1k, not claimable as MRI took 1hr. But If I had checked into hospital short stay ward ("for observation") and then do MRI, I can claim?

Too bad I didn't do this... too busy at work to check myself into a short stay ward.

ya if check in can claim which many place will advise u to sho u can claim n they cn charge higher also. i must say that since hospitalisation plan is introduced hospital might hv earned a lot more since it’s easy money

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must remove the buffet plan. I think it's escalating prices more than the good benefits.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah but it is because of this Medishield Life that was introduced that started this trend of ISP premiums increase

Not related, singaporeans are kiasu and will try to take advantage to squeeze as much "value" out thus all push up the claims and all die together.

ELKYme

Reaction score
Think I paid 1.8K this year (MA+ cash) for hospitalisation plan, no choice suck thumb pay...have pre-existing conditions so dare not change.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not related, singaporeans are kiasu and will try to take advantage to squeeze as much "value" out thus all push up the claims and all die together.

they are indirectly related. cant be ISP premiums not increase that much(did increase, but not that frequently) for 20-30 years then suddenly need to increase 2 times in less than 3-5 years.

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Integrated Shield plan premium increases are practically all on the private hospital plan side. There's no possible way this phenomenon is related to MediShield Life.

Don't like the private hospital Integrated Shield plan premium increases above the general rate of inflation, plus age rating? There's a simple solution: switch to (or get) an Integrated Shield plan that covers public restructured hospital care.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Care to share which ones are going up?

This headsup is not really useful unless it's actionable.

sanzhu

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My pg still strong

Youths can jiak sia now

Soon unaffordable for poor people

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My AIA HSG Max A is alrewdy $1850. If go up some more, may have to downgrade to the saver plan...:s11:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Integrated Shield plan premium increases are practically all on the private hospital plan side. There's no possible way this phenomenon is related to MediShield Life.

Don't like the private hospital Integrated Shield plan premium increases above the general rate of inflation, plus age rating? There's a simple solution: switch to (or get) an Integrated Shield plan that covers public restructured hospital care.

It doesnt have to be directly related.

E.g. Without Medishield Life in the past, people turned to private insurers for even the most basic hospital plan. With Medishield Life, a huge chunk of these people are gone, profits are gone, money is gone. For them to maintain the same amount of profits before to cover these, naturally have to come out with all kinds of ding dongs and excuses to raise their premiums.

^Just an example. Doesn't mean that I am right and insurers are doing this.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The mere fact that ISP premiums keep increasing every year after Medishield Life has been introduced is the best fact, what no possible way?
Ask you, why we don't see ISP premiums go up >200% within 5 years for the past 20 years (when insurers have all the time to do so) before Medishield Life was introduced?!

Because aging population.

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All coverage comes at a price.

Ineeed premium pricing

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.