Interactive Brokers - SGD now available for funding

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes but not a lot. 2k only.

I know dbs remit is free to transfer into IBKR.

But depositing cash itself might cost money.

Since 2k isn’t really a lot, might be worth just holding it in case you travel to the states in future or places that accepts usd?

OnePunchMan

Reaction score
very suspect now...

Like put money in, think suddenly got bonus
Put more money in suddenly make a lot more money
Then say make money don't need to dig, only when lose money then dig.
but if dun even know how much money, how to know whether lose or make money?

He is not making any sense tbh. And till now he havent show his MWR of ibkr

OnePunchMan

Reaction score
i see, what if you already have option but then they expire worthless cuz that thing worthless?

will there be margin call or other consequences because i keep seeing that thing flash red but then nothing happens?

i only know it prefers u from buying more options

ehh it prefer you not hold your option till last day. there is 1.5hr of risk that the broker does not want to take. MM already decided what they want to reduce their loss by then. Its no longer sat because computer helps speed up the process. What happen on Sat is just settling of $$

westtraveller

Reaction score
Hi.. have a dumbass qn. Opened IB account years ago, have several positions and cash there. Now opened IB SG account but screwup and didn’t link the accounts. Tried to transfer positions internally but can’t and reached out for help and didn’t get response.

Should I (1) just continue with original IB account and ignore SG account, (2) close all positions and transfer cash back to SG and rebuy from SG account?

Edit - seems like there is (3) close all positions in original account and transfer the funds (can transfer funds but not positions... dunno why)

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.. have a dumbass qn. Opened IB account years ago, have several positions and cash there. Now opened IB SG account but screwup and didn’t link the accounts. Tried to transfer positions internally but can’t and reached out for help and didn’t get response.

Should I (1) just continue with original IB account and ignore SG account, (2) close all positions and transfer cash back to SG and rebuy from SG account?

Edit - seems like there is (3) close all positions in original account and transfer the funds (can transfer funds but not positions... dunno why)

You can’t link.

You should be able to transfer. How did you reach out to the support team? They should be quite responsive.

Your question seems contradictory. Typo?

Should be able to.

Last edited:

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's called an account transfer not position tranfer, it's definitely doable. There's an FAQ on their site somewhere for transferring from IB US to IB SG.

Edit: Step by step instructions https://www.interactivebrokers.com/lib/cstools/faq/#/content/116779121?link=116779121

Last edited:

Visa4550

Reaction score
Any bro or sis can advise, I created an interactive brokers account to buy index funds earlier this year. Is there any benefit to opening a singapore interactive brokers account and consolidating there and transfering positions to this sg ib account? Like maybe can call the sg support line no need to make internatiomal calls to support

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bro or sis can advise, I created an interactive brokers account to buy index funds earlier this year. Is there any benefit to opening a singapore interactive brokers account and consolidating there and transfering positions to this sg ib account? Like maybe can call the sg support line no need to make internatiomal calls to support

Do you also trade SGX? if not maybe no point.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No i dont trade sgx stocks

Then what’s there to consolidate?

In any case you can still call the sg number if u need any support.

It’s IB after all doesn’t matter the entity

Hippocrates

Reaction score
Is it still possible to create a link account under IBKR LLC?

I just realised that SIPC protection is capped at $500k per capacity... so I'm thinking of opening a new joint account (so that it will be considered as a different capacity), transfer the excess over and continue monthly DCA from the new account. Would that still be allowed as new account opening are directed to IBKR SG now?

hwzadmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.