HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Like Tree729Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #2071

i opened an ICBC saving account last week.. but im having problem setting up my internet banking account.. the website need me to install an extension but google chrome blocked the extension. so i tried IE, and IE doesnt seem to load the ICBC website at all.. it's so frustrating, no wonder the bank teller advised me to set up my internet banking using their computer terminal at their branch cos it's quite complicated.. which browser do you guys used to load the ICBC website?
I use Safari on my MacBook Air occasionally. Most of the time I use the ICBC Android app. Most of the functions that I need are available via the app.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #2072

i opened an ICBC saving account last week.. but im having problem setting up my internet banking account.. the website need me to install an extension but google chrome blocked the extension. so i tried IE, and IE doesnt seem to load the ICBC website at all.. it's so frustrating, no wonder the bank teller advised me to set up my internet banking using their computer terminal at their branch cos it's quite complicated.. which browser do you guys used to load the ICBC website?
IE on desktop. Need to install something. No problem.
vsvs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #2073

yes i kena too...the best is bring your laptop to do at the branch.

i gave up on them after several issue with their token - can't afford to waste too much time with them. Either i m not IT savy or their cheap software issue set up. I wrote to file feedback but nothing much they can do nor their branch manager. The bank is still not ready for upgrade - so i better be safe with my transaction - they can have missing fund without any indication of why...i was shock with fear after i threat to make a police report on them. I was told to let them investigate but the money put back without reason for me.

so i immediate close the account - i hope my cases is the unfortunate one.
Are you saying got missing funds ?
vsvs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #2074

Actually it's not overly complex for icbc. Ie works fine.just need time to follow the instructions. If in a hurry, sure got proplem setting up and logging in. Also their lingo a bit different. Usual transfer to other banks is local transfer. For them they use outward remittance. Just need time to get used to it. If no time just use app. That is more intuitive. Since they offering highest int rate in town now, it's worth the trouble if u ask me..
yongsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #2075
Master Member

yes i kena too...the best is bring your laptop to do at the branch.

i gave up on them after several issue with their token - can't afford to waste too much time with them. Either i m not IT savy or their cheap software issue set up. I wrote to file feedback but nothing much they can do nor their branch manager. The bank is still not ready for upgrade - so i better be safe with my transaction - they can have missing fund without any indication of why...i was shock with fear after i threat to make a police report on them. I was told to let them investigate but the money put back without reason for me.

so i immediate close the account - i hope my cases is the unfortunate one.
Wise move .... dangerous bank to put your funds indeed. Better to put them at home instead.

Last edited by K202020K; 12-08-2018 at 09:15 AM..
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #2076

Actually it's not overly complex for icbc. Ie works fine.just need time to follow the instructions. If in a hurry, sure got proplem setting up and logging in. Also their lingo a bit different. Usual transfer to other banks is local transfer. For them they use outward remittance. Just need time to get used to it. If no time just use app. That is more intuitive. Since they offering highest int rate in town now, it's worth the trouble if u ask me..
Agree...first few times abit stuck but thereafter quite ok, just like other banks' app. Using the mobile app version which is convenient.
stargazer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 10:56 AM   #2077
Supremacy Member

I've no problem logging in into ICBC website with IE but I do agree the FAST transfer to other bank is not so direct, I have a hard time figuring it and in the end I called them which they speak to me in Chinese, need time for them to translate to English and finally is the outward remittance
FD Trinitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 02:36 PM   #2078
Master Member

So much trouble for a few bucks .... might as well keep at home lah .... no need to FAST here & there .... after that, maybe the $$ also disappeared into thin air .... 哈哈。
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #2079

So much trouble for a few bucks .... might as well keep at home lah .... no need to FAST here & there .... after that, maybe the $$ also disappeared into thin air .... 哈哈。
becos i "fast here and there",...I am getting about 1800+ monthly from banks in terms of interest. i don't know about u bro, that is definitely more than just "a few bucks."
FD Trinitron likes this.
Old 13-08-2018, 05:15 PM   #2080

becos i "fast here and there",...I am getting about 1800+ monthly from banks in terms of interest. i don't know about u bro, that is definitely more than just "a few bucks."
Millionaire spotted
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 08:22 PM   #2081
Master Member

share technique pls

1800/month means 21600/year. i think can retire and shake leg (while FASTing) liao...
kurt111494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #2082

share technique pls

1800/month means 21600/year. i think can retire and shake leg (while FASTing) liao...
Ah 1st u need $1,080,000 at average 2%p.a. to get 1,800 per mth interest
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 09:15 PM   #2083
Master Member

the banks got call u and ask why you keep fasting or not ?
tiertime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #2084

share technique pls

how i wish got technique for FD...

its brutal. Some people would even say crazy to be doing what i am doing...i agree.

yes. me 'early retired' liao. got a prop rented out to boost the passive income else difficult to retire based on FD interest nia.

will eventually use part of the fd to go into equity for dividends....so planning to have 3 'taps' eventually.
Old 13-08-2018, 10:29 PM   #2085
Arch-Supremacy Member

like that no need work if not big spender
asiafrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.