HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Like Tree658Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2018, 07:06 AM   #2086

Agree...first few times abit stuck but thereafter quite ok, just like other banks' app. Using the mobile app version which is convenient.
Was trying to Trf money from ICBC to Dbs. Am unable to break the code for random pin for token. Anyone tried before ?
Newmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #2087

Was trying to Trf money from ICBC to Dbs. Am unable to break the code for random pin for token. Anyone tried before ?
I using Sms-otp. After the screen is shown, u have to click "Send" button, then the 6 digit SMS will be sent. Its valid strangely for 85 sec
stargazer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #2088

RHB currently offering 1.8% for 12 mths FD

https://www.rhbgroup.com/singapore/p...-fixed-deposit
RangerSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #2089
Arch-Supremacy Member

RHB currently offering 1.8% for 12 mths FD

https://www.rhbgroup.com/singapore/p...-fixed-deposit
Sing investment 1.6%pa.
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 09:13 PM   #2090

ICBC counter FD placement

I was at ICBC yesterday to do a fixed deposit placement. I wanted to place three cheques. However, I was informed that the value date will be two days after the placement date instead of the usual one day. The staff explained that this is their procedure for placements that involve more than one cheque. Something to think about if you are placing large amounts made up of many cheques.
hatisinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #2091

I was at ICBC yesterday to do a fixed deposit placement. I wanted to place three cheques. However, I was informed that the value date will be two days after the placement date instead of the usual one day. The staff explained that this is their procedure for placements that involve more than one cheque. Something to think about if you are placing large amounts made up of many cheques.
Sheer nonsense .... what's the rationale? Don't make sense at all. China based corporations always will have a lot of patterns one lah.
K202020K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 10:36 PM   #2092
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sheer nonsense .... what's the rationale? Don't make sense at all. China based corporations always will have a lot of patterns one lah.
seems for them to clock KPI, 3 cheques can split into different days so can say got diff customer or repeat customer
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 11:18 PM   #2093

I went to open an account at ICBC last Sunday 5/8/18 and they told me there'd be someone who will call me the following day and I need to personally go back to their branch again to sign some documents. Until now no one called. So troublesome really don't feel like placing deposits with them anymore. Anyone experienced this?
RangerSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #2094

I went to open an account at ICBC last Sunday 5/8/18 and they told me there'd be someone who will call me the following day and I need to personally go back to their branch again to sign some documents. Until now no one called. So troublesome really don't feel like placing deposits with them anymore. Anyone experienced this?
Not quite the same. Mine was I was there at 2pm on weekday to place step up FD. They say cutoff time 1.30pm so treated as next day. Can't give me the FD slip and will mail to me. Next day call me to say they process wrongly as normal FD instead of step up and ask me to go down to sign documents to correct it. Assured me on the phone that will be that day's value date. But when I went down, say value date is next day (ie day 3). They gave me $10 NTUC voucher to appease me.
vsvs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 08:35 AM   #2095
Arch-Supremacy Member

why so troublesome???

me went ICBC paya lebar, all paperwork settled on that day, only wait for atm credit card sent by post.
asiafrenz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #2096

Sorry to ask a noob qus..

Maybank iSAVvy savings acct got the FAST function anot?

And is it immediate like other FASTs?

I know can FAST into the acct but the FAQ under fund transfer say

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...count.aspx#4Q8

"""
8. When will the funds be available in the receiving account after I do a funds transfer to 3rd party accounts with other banks in Singapore via Maybank2u.com.sg?

Upon confirmation of the funds transfer, the funds will be available to the payee 2 to 3 business days later, subject to the payee bank.
"""

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...ount.aspx#4Q10

"""
10. How can I transfer funds from a 3rd party account with another bank to my iSAVvy Savings Account?

You will need to apply for Internet Banking funds transfer to Maybank at the other bank. Maybank's Bank Code is 7302. Click here for the respective Branch codes.
"""

I tot FAST can liao....n should be immediate...why need 2-3 days...

This FAQ outdated isit....

Thanks in advance!!
molangtsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #2097

Thanks in advance!!
Maybank have FAST, GIRO, MEPS etc. FAST is immediate. The FAQ is probably referring to MEPS.

In fact I feel that Maybank's transfer option page is one of the clearest. Tells you the difference, how long each option takes and cut off timing.
vsvs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #2098
Arch-Supremacy Member

"""
8. When will the funds be available in the receiving account after I do a funds transfer to 3rd party accounts with other banks in Singapore via Maybank2u.com.sg?

Upon confirmation of the funds transfer, the funds will be available to the payee 2 to 3 business days later, subject to the payee bank.
"""

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...ount.aspx#4Q10

"""
10. How can I transfer funds from a 3rd party account with another bank to my iSAVvy Savings Account?

You will need to apply for Internet Banking funds transfer to Maybank at the other bank. Maybank's Bank Code is 7302. Click here for the respective Branch codes.
"""

Thanks in advance!!
What is Fast?
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 05:39 PM   #2099

What is Fast?
It the movie franchise featuring vin diesel and paul walker
mdax23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 06:57 PM   #2100

FAST is an electronic funds transfer transaction among banks in Singapore .... it is an instantaneous transfer transaction that may involve a hefty sum of money.
K202020K is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.