HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Like Tree657Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #2296
Master Member

No different from esaver where u can rotate your funds between 2 accounts.
Esaver typically 2 month cycle whereas hya 3 mth cycle.
esaver is easier because we can have 2 esaver accounts to do that rotation. can we have 2 uob hy accounts to do that? don't think so right.
maumu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #2297
Master Member

esaver is easier because we can have 2 esaver accounts to do that rotation. can we have 2 uob hy accounts to do that? don't think so right.
Hya same lah.
tmkedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #2298

Hya same lah.
I thought the high yield account is for preferred clients with minimum balance of at least SGD $350K .... so how is it same with Standard Chartered eSaver leh?
Very tricky .... not that simple, for sure.
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #2299

do you transfer the $ directly between esaver or via another bank?
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #2300
Master Member

do you transfer the $ directly between esaver or via another bank?
via another bank (esaver 1 --> bank X --> bank Y --> esaver 2). saves the trouble of being questioned that i'm just putting back from the same bank.
Old 22-09-2018, 06:09 PM   #2301

via another bank (esaver 1 --> bank X --> bank Y --> esaver 2). saves the trouble of being questioned that i'm just putting back from the same bank.
actually just bank X will do...so far no problems.
yongsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 06:40 PM   #2302
Master Member

actually just bank X will do...so far no problems.
just an extra step to prevent SC from questioning me that I merely transfer to bank X and transfer back. so 'fresh funds' from bank Y
Old 22-09-2018, 08:21 PM   #2303
Arch-Supremacy Member

just an extra step to prevent SC from questioning me that I merely transfer to bank X and transfer back. so 'fresh funds' from bank Y
if they question just tell them say u will take ur money elsewhere
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #2304
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks maumu.

Hi all,

I applied for CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i. I receive my FD interest (in FASTSAVER-i account), any issue to the FD if i FAST the interest to another bank account?

Thanks in advance.

you can continue to use account ABC. the FD account is a different one. not related.
Hi all,

I have an existing CIMB account (e.g. ABC) - active account that i use now and then.

I like to apply CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i Promotion. Can i still use account ABC actively after the FD application? Or i cannot use account ABC unless this FD matures 12 months later? *confused*

Thanks in advance.
saintgtril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #2305

Thanks maumu.

Hi all,

I applied for CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i. I receive my FD interest (in FASTSAVER-i account), any issue to the FD if i FAST the interest to another bank account?

Thanks in advance.
No the interest is yours why will there be issue
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 08:42 PM   #2306
Great Supremacy Member

No the interest is yours why will there be issue
Thanks LexusIS. Initially I was just worried the interest has to be with the bank for X time period.
saintgtril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 09:54 PM   #2307

Wouldn't this be considered as funds that are withdrawn and re-deposited? (if both esaver accounts are under the same name)

SC's definition of fresh funds:
"fresh funds" are funds that do not originate from any existing account with the Bank or funds that are not withdrawn and re-deposited within 30 days of the Promotion Period
RangerSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 10:19 PM   #2308
Master Member

Wouldn't this be considered as funds that are withdrawn and re-deposited? (if both esaver accounts are under the same name)

"fresh funds" are funds that do not originate from any existing account with the Bank or funds that are not withdrawn and re-deposited within 30 days of the Promotion Period
withdrawn and re-deposited to the same account.

at least that is how those with 2 esaver accounts have been using this strategy to 'refresh' the funds.
Old 23-09-2018, 10:40 PM   #2309
Arch-Supremacy Member

aiya, why care so much about the terms, if it works means it works now, and take advantage of it while it still works this way. if u think it doesnt count as fresh funds, pls dont go n complain to the bank...sometimes they just close one eye.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 10:40 PM   #2310

withdrawn and re-deposited to the same account.

at least that is how those with 2 esaver accounts have been using this strategy to 'refresh' the funds.
I see. In that case, good thing SC doesn't look at both accounts as one.
RangerSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.