HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Like Tree698Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #2341

Just received this in email. A little bit short on Maybank. But Maybank reference month is June so seems I’m gonna be stuck with SC.

Exclusive offer: Top up your e$aver Account by 30 September 2018 and earn up to 1.80% p.a. interest for 6 months.

Dear Valued Client,

We greatly appreciate your decision to choose Standard Chartered for your Priority Banking needs.

As our valued e$aver account holder, we are delighted to offer you an exclusive promotion to enjoy up to 1.80% p.a.1 interest on your e$aver account. To qualify, simply top up your account with fresh funds^ and maintain a minimum account balance of S$100,000 as of 30 September 2018.

Last edited by pilates; 28-09-2018 at 02:40 PM..
pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #2342

Just received this in email. A little bit short on Maybank. But Maybank reference month is June so seems Im gonna be stuck with SC.

Exclusive offer: Top up your e$aver Account by 30 September 2018 and earn up to 1.80% p.a. interest for 6 months.

Dear Valued Client,

We greatly appreciate your decision to choose Standard Chartered for your Priority Banking needs.

As our valued e$aver account holder, we are delighted to offer you an exclusive promotion to enjoy up to 1.80% p.a.1 interest on your e$aver account. To qualify, simply top up your account with fresh funds^ and maintain a minimum account balance of S$100,000 as of 30 September 2018.
Hi, what is the reference month for this extension?

If fresh fund over your existing fund earn 1.8%; existing fund earn base only. Unless you have another eSaver a/c to deposit.
cnotsniw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #2343

Hi, what is the reference month for this extension?

If fresh fund over your existing fund earn 1.8%; existing fund earn base only. Unless you have another eSaver a/c to deposit.
All these promos are not genuine FDs lah .... just some gimmicks introduced by banks to mislead naive bank depositors.
** existing funds earn a base rate interest only .... which is 0.05% p.a. for UOB Bank..
Don't be scammed lah .... Lol .... really damn cunning & evil yo..
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #2344
Master Member

Just received this in email. A little bit short on Maybank. But Maybank reference month is June so seems Im gonna be stuck with SC.

Dear Valued Client,

is this the next promotion for eSaver for October (for 6 months??)?
maumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #2345

Just went down to Maybank@Battery Road to look at signing up as a premier customer only to be told if I m not interested in investment services (bonds, unit trust etc), then they won’t be signing me up for premier. Just use my existing Isavy for TOP up.

Wow quite nonchalant kind of attitude vs Citi, really like two extreme. The different attitude could be caused by Low targets vs high targets.
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 05:18 PM   #2346

Just went down to Maybank@Battery Road to look at signing up as a premier customer only to be told if I m not interested in investment services (bonds, unit trust etc), then they wont be signing me up for premier. Just use my existing Isavy for TOP up.

Wow quite nonchalant kind of attitude vs Citi, really like two extreme. The different attitude could be caused by Low targets vs high targets.
Oh. Me too. Went to battery rd maybank premier. Same treatment. This is the second time maybank hint hint to me that no point to open up premier with them...
beautyseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #2347

[QUOTE=cnotsniw;116746794]

Maybank Prestige Savings new rates:
Oct/Nov: 1.85%, Dec: 2%
http://www.maybankpremierwealth.com/...s-account.html

How's the experience with Maybank Premier?

Notice that there's no fall below fee, which is a good thing.

If SCB/HSBC cant match this for last Q of 2018, looks like Maybank is the way to go for next 3 months.
Fall below fee $50
Closure fee within 6 mths $30

Must open USD acct, prestige acct and save up acct to be their Premier client. Very mafan. 3 accounts!

I ask if usually waived. It seems not so.

I m reconsidering. May end up just use normal iSavvy. In fact their recept at Premier pointed to me to just use iSavvy the moment i stepped in. She asked why u bother to sign up Premier? My eyes rolled. What a welcoming recept

Last edited by beautyseek; 28-09-2018 at 05:24 PM..
beautyseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #2348

[QUOTE=beautyseek;116751834]

Fall below fee $50

Must open USD acct, prestige acct and save up acct to be their Premier client. Very mafan. 3 accounts!

I m reconsidering. May end up just use normal iSavvy. In fact their recept at Premier pointed to me to just use iSavvy the moment i stepped in. She asked why u bother to sign up Premier? My eyes rolled. What a welcoming recept
Oh is it? Was told the only condition is to bring in S$300k before they shared on just use my existing isavy.

So far they are the only bank who don’t welcome “priority/privilege” type of customer.

Anyway Their save up account is not bad but service really cannot make it. Went to same branch to try set up the monthly investment, only to be told me to do it online 1st. Maybe Low revenue point and lots of work, so they can’t be bothered
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #2349
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just went down to Maybank@Battery Road to look at signing up as a premier customer only to be told if I m not interested in investment services (bonds, unit trust etc), then they won’t be signing me up for premier. Just use my existing Isavy for TOP up.

they dont know the concept of returning or long term customers.. one may not be interested to sign up originally but what if the person signed up already then find the other services attractive then sign up ? its the same concept as why so many websites try to capture your e-mail address even if you do not buy anything the first time.. guess the RMs are just lazy

this is different.. normal eSaver promo have to wait till 1st october for new rates to be refreshed
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #2350
Master Member

Fall below fee $50

Hi, the fall below fee $50 is for premier / prestige?
actually whats the difference between these 2?

i had one of these account, but i am unsure it is premier / prestige , it required me to keep a $10 in the account... i only deposited $10 inside, and for a few months they did not deduct any fee from the account...
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 08:37 PM   #2351

Fall below fee $50

Based on latest info on website, stated no fall below fee.

& eligibility stated was only 300k. Nothing about opening other types of account or investments.
cnotsniw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 08:44 PM   #2352

Oh man. Paiseh . Think this is targeted offer.

Tnc as attached :

https://av.sc.com/sg/content/docs/es...conditions.pdf

Old 28-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #2353
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh man. Paiseh . Think this is targeted offer.

Tnc as attached :

https://av.sc.com/sg/content/docs/es...conditions.pdf
doesnt make sense though. since the guy seemed to be a priority banking customer, but the offer still asked him to transfer fresh funds so that acc balance more than 100k. but priority banking most of the time already have a lot more than that amount? as this offer seem to be for the whole account and not just the "fresh funds".
Old 28-09-2018, 09:57 PM   #2354

Ummm. The bulk of my SC AUM
are in my trading account. Leaving only a pity sum in my Esaver and other accounts.

So prolly this is targeted at customers who have minimal deposits with SC?

doesnt make sense though. since the guy seemed to be a priority banking customer, but the offer still asked him to transfer fresh funds so that acc balance more than 100k. but priority banking most of the time already have a lot more than that amount? as this offer seem to be for the whole account and not just the "fresh funds".
Old 28-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #2355
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ummm. The bulk of my SC AUM
are in my trading account. Leaving only a pity sum in my Esaver and other accounts.

So prolly this is targeted at customers who have minimal deposits with SC?
hmm then think it is targeted at those whom they are 100% sure have more than 100k but didnt put the 100k in a eSaver acc.....
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.