Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on what I see from the FD options available via the ICBC app, step-up FD can also be done online.

Just need to bring $500 cash to open the basic saving account.

Oh. That's good. I already have a current account and placed 1 FD and 2 stepup FD. My FD is due next mth and I am planning to continue under ICBC but under step up FD.

mercuryscio

Reaction score
Did renewal at bank of Bkk today at 2.1%

Just to share a snippet of the writeup I found online for those concern with the association between bank Bkk and hyflux.

The six identified lenders were: Mizuho, which holds $235.2m of Hyflux debt; KFW IPEX-Bank GmbH, which holds $136m; Bangkok Bank, which holds $115.6m; DBS, which holds $93.6m; Arab Banking Corporation, which holds $33.1m; and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Singapore Branch, which holds $4.4m.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did renewal at bank of Bkk today at 2.1%

Just to share a snippet of the writeup I found online for those concern with the association between bank Bkk and hyflux.

The six identified lenders were: Mizuho, which holds $235.2m of Hyflux debt; KFW IPEX-Bank GmbH, which holds $136m; Bangkok Bank, which holds $115.6m; DBS, which holds $93.6m; Arab Banking Corporation, which holds $33.1m; and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Singapore Branch, which holds $4.4m.

Actually Maybank has the most. I think about 500m. They were the only secured bank against Tuaspring and considered safe until PUB announced takeover at zero. But Maybank is more established and larger than the 1 branch Bangkok Bank.

Is your FD amount below SDIC 75k ? Why take the risk ?

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any FD 2% straight forward kind? Not those incremental or BS....

taotato

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question regarding moving funds between esaver and Isavvy. Their cycles are not aligned. So the previous daily balance is not reset yet when I move the fund in. How do you guys deal with it ? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

churnmaster

Reaction score
ICBC has 1.95-1.98 which is pretty close to 2%.

Stanchart E-saver promo .... 1.9% pa above 50K and 2% pa for fresh deposits above 200K ... 2% pa applicable only from 1-Apr to 31-May.

Best thing about this promo being you still enjoy the flexibility of a savings account i.e. you are not locked in and withdraw your funds any time without any penalty.:)

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stanchart E-saver promo .... 1.9% pa above 50K and 2% pa for fresh deposits above 200K ... 2% pa applicable only from 1-Apr to 31-May.

Best thing about this promo being you still enjoy the flexibility of a savings account i.e. you are not locked in and withdraw your funds any time without any penalty.:)

Yes, I invested in Esaver yesterday, these are funds waiting to be deployed into SSB.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
icbc can go down to branch to open FD account?

Yes. Go to branch to open savings account. FD you can also open there or place online later using internet banking for higher rate. Next time can fast transfer in and place FD without going down.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Go to branch to open savings account. FD you can also open there or place online later using internet banking for higher rate. Next time can fast transfer in and place FD without going down.

Yes, they open an FD account place holder for you at the branch. Then you can place individual FDs inside that FD account, online.

It took me about 2 hrs for the account opening. It is a very slow process.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah 2h. Think I may doze off

Yes, they open an FD account place holder for you at the branch. Then you can place individual FDs inside that FD account, online.

It took me about 2 hrs for the account opening. It is a very slow process.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually Maybank has the most. I think about 500m. They were the only secured bank against Tuaspring and considered safe until PUB announced takeover at zero. But Maybank is more established and larger than the 1 branch Bangkok Bank.

Is your FD amount below SDIC 75k ? Why take the risk ?

Takeover at zero?
No rule of law in SG?
Like that is damn lucrative kind of doing business leh
Or some sort of fraud in action?
Why always this kind of news sure to involve DBS Bank ar?
Last time the Lehman mini bonds failure they were also a big player
How about that oil & gas player Swiber ?
This time round, also is DBS Bank again
Jin jialat leh .... the best bank in Asia some more..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.