HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Like Tree736Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2018, 11:30 PM   #2356

Heh I would think so, cause the RM kept calling and texting to check whether I’m keen on this offer.

Therefore I think no harm checking with your SC RM whether they can extend the offer to you.

hmm then think it is targeted at those whom they are 100% sure have more than 100k but didnt put the 100k in a eSaver acc.....
pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 01:02 AM   #2357

u must be new to this . . .

Do enlighten, bro
Intel888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 07:29 AM   #2358
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do enlighten, bro
just open 2 isavvy accounts. do merry go round and transfer the funds between them every 2 months like (isavvy ACC 1 --> withdraw to 3rd party bank ---> transfer back to isavvy ACC 2).

never tried on isavvy before but heard ppl do it and Stanchart eSaver works the same way too.

if not and u are afraid of the T&Cs, just iSavvy acc 1 --> transfer to Stanchart esaver or any other acc with higher interest for that 2 months--> transfer back isavvy acc 1 after 2 months again when interest rates refreshed and the ADB is compared to the new month.

ok maybe i get what u mean.. cos it just says June only this time.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 08:23 AM   #2359
Master Member

hope SC eSaver can beat Maybank's 1.75% for Oct-Nov promotion
maumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 11:33 AM   #2360

hmm then think it is targeted at those whom they are 100% sure have more than 100k but didnt put the 100k in a eSaver acc.....
I think you are right. I transfered out my funds at beginning Aug leaving only $1000. Sometime middle of that month they suddenly upgrade me to priority and sent me a gift. Probably because I had high balance the last few mths. I received the SMS and letter too.
vsvs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 03:27 PM   #2361

just open 2 isavvy accounts. do merry go round and transfer the funds between them every 2 months like (isavvy ACC 1 --> withdraw to 3rd party bank ---> transfer back to isavvy ACC 2).

never tried on isavvy before but heard ppl do it and Stanchart eSaver works the same way too.

if not and u are afraid of the T&Cs, just iSavvy acc 1 --> transfer to Stanchart esaver or any other acc with higher interest for that 2 months--> transfer back isavvy acc 1 after 2 months again when interest rates refreshed and the ADB is compared to the new month.

ok maybe i get what u mean.. cos it just says June only this time.
Ic. Thanks!
I thought usually merry go round every 2-3 months between isavvy and esaver. Maybe can try between accounts of the same bank this time
Intel888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #2362

[QUOTE=cnotsniw;116755093]

Based on latest info on website, stated no fall below fee.

& eligibility stated was only 300k. Nothing about opening other types of account or investments.
I was a little pissed by recept's attitude so i insisted to see a RM and that was what the RM told me.

Must maintain AUM 300k else will kena fall below fee. Cannot close acct for 6 mths else will kena closure fee. Must open USD acct, save up acct and prestige acct. It is like a bundled thing. You have to open all these if u open a Premier client relationship.

I duuno any diff better prestige and premier. Thot same thing.

I
beautyseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #2363

Sorry for the noob question

But does anyone know the difference between CIMB why wait fixed deposit and the fast fixed deposit?
Old 30-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #2364

Currently I have been using SC esaver and HSBC for my savings. Curious how Maybank Isavvy works. Does it mean I can open an account and dump a sum of money without any condition and get 1.75% in Oct and Nov? Min 30k, max 3m?
malthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 09:03 PM   #2365

Just went down to Maybank@Battery Road to look at signing up as a premier customer only to be told if I m not interested in investment services (bonds, unit trust etc), then they wonít be signing me up for premier. Just use my existing Isavy for TOP up.

Wow quite nonchalant kind of attitude vs Citi, really like two extreme. The different attitude could be caused by Low targets vs high targets.
The common Citi service is really sucked, the staff like ah beng and you have beg them to open account, it is really bad for such a big branding like Citi, hope Citigold is much better
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #2366

I think you are right. I transfered out my funds at beginning Aug leaving only $1000. Sometime middle of that month they suddenly upgrade me to priority and sent me a gift. Probably because I had high balance the last few mths. I received the SMS and letter too.
same here, maybe the head of .... need X customers, so at least s/he got the numbers of new priority customer to keep his jobs
Old 30-09-2018, 09:10 PM   #2367

Currently I have been using SC esaver and HSBC for my savings. Curious how Maybank Isavvy works. Does it mean I can open an account and dump a sum of money without any condition and get 1.75% in Oct and Nov? Min 30k, max 3m?
It works pretty similar to sc esaver, you just need to go to a branch to open the account, it took me 30 minutes only.
Old 30-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #2368

It works pretty similar to sc esaver, you just need to go to a branch to open the account, it took me 30 minutes only.
i just applied online. Said needs one biz day to approve. Not sure if I should go down to the branch again tmrw. Any difference btw depositing with cheque or FAST?
Old 30-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #2369

What is this interest-on-interest for isavvy account?
Old 01-10-2018, 07:22 AM   #2370
High Supremacy Member

Maybank interest promo for the last 2 months ended for me. Any new bank to get bonus interest from? SC needs 6 months lock in.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.