HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Like Tree638Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2019, 11:00 AM   #2941
High Supremacy Member

250k not small bro not many got we foot soldier work many years can save 100k v good leow
All along I know this world only favour rich ppl their money grow more....poor fella like us after
cost of living only save 5k pa so after 20 only 100k plus😭😭😭😭😭
True. Many doors only open after you hit certain milestones. Some of the things that should be corrected.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:13 PM   #2942

250k not small bro not many got we foot soldier work many years can save 100k v good leow
All along I know this world only favour rich ppl their money grow more....poor fella like us after
cost of living only save 5k pa so after 20 only 100k plus😭😭😭😭😭
i was also a foot soldier bro. i had $0 to my name when i grad some 20+ years ago...2 things i live by which actually many bros here reiterated many times...
1. "those who know compounding, earns it. those who don't, pays for it"
2. "its not how much u make, its how much you spend".

These are simple statements but to me they are powerful enough to affect ALL aspects of one's financial health...

True. Many doors only open after you hit certain milestones. Some of the things that should be corrected.
this i agree...like fundsupermart's BOND EXPRESS...only open to accredited investors..allowing AIs to buy bonds at denomination of just $5K per lot...i used it to buy several High Yield or JUNK bonds which normally i would not buy at 250K a lot...i called it my "junk portfolio".
This I feel should be opened to everyone.
luvpraline likes this.
yongsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:21 PM   #2943

shoutout to bros who PMed me on my bond holdings..i cannot be overly specific on the bonds i hold la. what works for me may not work for you.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #2944

BEA 100k above 2% FD for 12 months still available?
crazycardriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #2945
Master Member

...like fundsupermart's BOND EXPRESS...only open to accredited investors..allowing AIs to buy bonds at denomination of just $5K per lot...
can share how to become an 'accredited investor'?
maumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #2946

can share how to become an 'accredited investor'?
Some will allow u to buy the bonds w/o being an AI...some more 'strict'...require u be an AI first before allowing u to buy...u would need to check with the dealer which group they belong to...

To be an AI, just submit the necessary documents showing your net worth - savings deposits,..house ownership,...investment etc..as long as more than $2 mil....u are good to go. Again some dealers are more strict with the declaration,...such as joint account take 50% haircut etc..some more relax. so need to check around.
maumu likes this.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #2947

Or have an annual income of at least S$300K.

Note: only up to S$1M can be used for qualification for primary residence value.
little pupsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:33 PM   #2948

Hi there, is it the Maybank iSAVvy bonus rates will be credit to our acc on next month?

IronMan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:23 PM   #2949

Hi there, is it the Maybank iSAVvy bonus rates will be credit to our acc on next month?

The base interest is credited on last day of same month. The bonus interested is credited a few days later.
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #2950

i was also a foot soldier bro. i had $0 to my name when i grad some 20+ years ago...2 things i live by which actually many bros here reiterated many times...
Able to explain more details to bros here how to exploit compounding? What investment vehicle did you use for this compounding effect?
xiaonajia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #2951

Able to explain more details to bros here how to exploit compounding? What investment vehicle did you use for this compounding effect?
the fact you are in this thread means you are already exploiting it.

cheeers.
xiaonajia likes this.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #2952
Arch-Supremacy Member

These are simple statements but to me they are powerful enough to affect ALL aspects of one's financial health...

this i agree...like fundsupermart's BOND EXPRESS...only open to accredited investors..allowing AIs to buy bonds at denomination of just $5K per lot...i used it to buy several High Yield or JUNK bonds which normally i would not buy at 250K a lot...i called it my "junk portfolio".
This I feel should be opened to everyone.
Fully agreed with you. Especially point #2.
In many case, we spend on something we do not really need or spend excessively due to preference to certain brand or status.
This happen to Japanese some 20 years back. Once people understand this, spending habit changed and price start going down due to lost of market share. So much so you may find now a day travelling to Japan, the spending is more or less about the same as Singapore.

We eat our own "food" by spending without control.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #2953
Arch-Supremacy Member

One good place to look at these number is from your yearly CPF statement.
Another good example is from your insurance saving plan vs deposit in bank account or CPF.
Insurance company do not pay "compounding". You may get bonus every year, but you do not get interest for your bonus earned. AND you are not paid until you complete the whole plan.

If you put the same amount in bank/investment, you either get interest for the interest/bonus earn or you can withdrawn it a spend it earlier. At the end of fix time frame (insure period). You will find you get much lesser then expected from a insurance plan.

Last edited by cscs3; 08-02-2019 at 11:28 AM..
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:57 PM   #2954

One good place to look at these number is from your yearly CPF statement.
Another good example is from your insurance saving plan vs deposit in bank account or CPF.
Insurance company do not pay "compounding". You may get bonus every year, but you do not get interest for your bonus earned. AND you are not paid until you complete the whole plan.

If you put the same amount in bank/investment, you either get interest for the interest/bonus earn or you can withdrawn it a spend it earlier. At the end of fix time frame (insure period). You will find you get much lesser then expected from a insurance plan.
Depends. My WL and endowment plans are paying me 4-5% pa compounded returns, the longer I hold the better my returns.
maple96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #2955

The base interest is credited on last day of same month. The bonus interested is credited a few days later.
How they pay 2%? must wait one year?
BlackTortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.