www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Money Mind (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/)
-   -   Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/lastest-s%24-deposit-updates-part-3-a-5575909.html)

lzydata 22-03-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfish.starfish (Post 119831902)
Ooh nice site. Self developed ?

chuanz did this website and coding but the underlying data is in a Google doc that I maintain :s12:

erikospeed 24-03-2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K202020K (Post 119837866)
You withdrew on the date of FD maturity?
But $30 fee is damn bloody greedy of the bank. Almost mercenary..

Yes withdraw on exact day of FD maturity
Yet was slap with a $30 charge though I manage to get it waive after much efforts with the duty manager but this was totally uncalled for

No other banks or even financial institutions that I have encounter enforced such charges

For this its in my blacklist for good

starfish.starfish 24-03-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lzydata (Post 119841280)
chuanz did this website and coding but the underlying data is in a Google doc that I maintain :s12:

Thanks both,simple but great site.

K202020K 24-03-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikospeed (Post 119859614)
Yes withdraw on exact day of FD maturity
Yet was slap with a $30 charge though I manage to get it waive after much efforts with the duty manager but this was totally uncalled for

No other banks or even financial institutions that I have encounter enforced such charges

For this its in my blacklist for good

I see. On FD maturity date, the auto-renewal transaction has already been executed by their computer system at midnight.
If you changed your mind, you should have informed the bank at least one day in advance to avoid this transaction from being executed.
Can go down to any nearby bank branch or by phone call to their service hotline
But it's good to know that they had waived the said charges in your case.
Good day.

erikospeed 24-03-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K202020K (Post 119862246)
I see. On FD maturity date, the auto-renewal transaction has already been executed by their computer system at midnight.
If you changed your mind, you should have informed the bank at least one day in advance to avoid this transaction from being executed.
Can go down to any nearby bank branch or by phone call to their service hotline
But it's good to know that they had waived the said charges in your case.
Good day.

Yet to experience a single financial institution that enforce such charges. The first and last for me.

vsvs24 24-03-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikospeed (Post 119864173)
Yet to experience a single financial institution that enforce such charges. The first and last for me.

Which bank ? CIMB ?

K202020K 24-03-2019 04:08 PM

V24, tio liao

Sg_Stone 24-03-2019 04:52 PM

I have a fd with cimb, back then I set auto renewal.. If I am to cancel the auto renewal, change it to credit the money back my account, will I be slapped with a $30 fee? Or otherwise, can I cancel the renewed fd, and have my first fd sum with interest credited back without charges?

erikospeed 24-03-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sg_Stone (Post 119868728)
I have a fd with cimb, back then I set auto renewal.. If I am to cancel the auto renewal, change it to credit the money back my account, will I be slapped with a $30 fee? Or otherwise, can I cancel the renewed fd, and have my first fd sum with interest credited back without charges?

Advise to call up and clarify
Later tio slap with unnecessary surcharges like my case

audiovideo 25-03-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFadden (Post 119771552)
I read for maybank got withdrawal fee of $10 when fixed deposit finish. what fees is there for icbc?

done my ICBC 1.98% at their branch :D
good service, free 凉茶
what fee? ... FREE!! :s13:

audiovideo 25-03-2019 11:30 PM

but that day at ICBC branch noticed 1 thing

some old fart thought they ownself got sentimental link with tiong
like to go to tiong bank to "express" their "feelings"
poor tiong lady cashier/teller having a hard time ....

demoforce1 26-03-2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiovideo (Post 119893315)
but that day at ICBC branch noticed 1 thing

some old fart thought they ownself got sentimental link with tiong
like to go to tiong bank to "express" their "feelings"
poor tiong lady cashier/teller having a hard time ....

what is "tiong"?

vsvs24 26-03-2019 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiovideo (Post 119893219)
done my ICBC 1.98% at their branch :D
good service, free 凉茶
what fee? ... FREE!! :s13:

Which branch ?

Zaalaa 26-03-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demoforce1 (Post 119894967)
what is "tiong"?

It’s a very rude way of sinkies calling the Chinese.

Just like how they call their Malay friends “mud” “mat”. Or Indians “abunene”. Usually these people have no proper education/culture and are of the lower SES. They call until it became natural & they don’t even realised it.

audiovideo 26-03-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demoforce1 (Post 119894967)
what is "tiong"?

china in hokkien is tiong kok :D


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.