HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Like Tree733Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #3346

Any thoughts on Citigold relationship? The Citi Prestige look good. Get 600 with credits salary, GIRO personal income tax or Telco bill monthly with Citi and maintains a balance of S$250,000.
darren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:47 PM   #3347
Suspended

Any thoughts on Citigold relationship? The Citi Prestige look good. Get 600 with credits salary, GIRO personal income tax or Telco bill monthly with Citi and maintains a balance of S$250,000.
Even better if ur do investments with them.

Giving out 1.1mil Miles when you do investment with them
pinpinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #3348

Anyone deposited into CIMB fixed deposit before? These are the T&Cs for fresh funds:

> “Fresh Funds” refers to funds in the form of non-CIMB Bank cheques, cashier’s orders or demand drafts as well
as all other funds that are not transferred from any CIMB Bank accounts.

> The Fresh Funds criteria does not apply for placements made via CIMB Clicks Internet Banking or via the online
application form on CIMB’s website.

Does it mean if I FAST transfer from another bank it will be considered as fresh?
yellownova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:13 PM   #3349

Anyone deposited into CIMB fixed deposit before? These are the T&Cs for fresh funds:

> “Fresh Funds” refers to funds in the form of non-CIMB Bank cheques, cashier’s orders or demand drafts as well
as all other funds that are not transferred from any CIMB Bank accounts.

> The Fresh Funds criteria does not apply for placements made via CIMB Clicks Internet Banking or via the online
application form on CIMB’s website.

Does it mean if I FAST transfer from another bank it will be considered as fresh?
yes, consider.
lnrccn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:48 AM   #3350

yes, consider.
Thanks! I tried it and it is considered.
yellownova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #3351

How does one move foreign exchange funds between personal accounts in different banks?

If I have a DBS eMCA account with US$ in it and a Citibank or SCB or even CIMB US-denominated account, how do I move funds in the foreign currency, without any conversion to S$, between the two?

I am guessing the bank knows which of its own account offers a forex wallet or is a forex-denominated account, so internal transfers would be easy, for example within DBS etc. But between banks?
vegavega25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #3352
High Supremacy Member

How does one move foreign exchange funds between personal accounts in different banks?

If I have a DBS eMCA account with US$ in it and a Citibank or SCB or even CIMB US-denominated account, how do I move funds in the foreign currency, without any conversion to S$, between the two?

I am guessing the bank knows which of its own account offers a forex wallet or is a forex-denominated account, so internal transfers would be easy, for example within DBS etc. But between banks?
open US$ checking accounts with the singapore banks.
highsulphur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 03:20 PM   #3353

open US$ checking accounts with the singapore banks.
Meaning these MCA-type accounts (DBS/BOC are two that I know) cannot be used to transfer the foreign currency to another account in Singapore? Let's assume we're talking about US$. So US$ can come in (via wire transfers from abroad), can be retained as US$, but can only ever be sent back abroad as US$? What if I want to move US$ from DBS to BOC as US$?
Old 13-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #3354
High Supremacy Member

Meaning these MCA-type accounts (DBS/BOC are two that I know) cannot be used to transfer the foreign currency to another account in Singapore? Let's assume we're talking about US$. So US$ can come in (via wire transfers from abroad), can be retained as US$, but can only ever be sent back abroad as US$? What if I want to move US$ from DBS to BOC as US$?
Cheapest way is to write a cheque to yourself from DBS to boc. Otherwise just pay the transfer fee
Old 13-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #3355
Master Member

Cheapest way is to write a cheque to yourself from DBS to boc. Otherwise just pay the transfer fee
Withdraw in cold, hard cash and deposit the USD cash at your designated bank's USD account should be workable yo.
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 07:09 PM   #3356

Even better if ur do investments with them.

Giving out 1.1mil Miles when you do investment with them
Sgd600 one off ?
Newmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 07:33 PM   #3357
Supremacy Member

Withdraw in cold, hard cash and deposit the USD cash at your designated bank's USD account should be workable yo.
most banks in SG levy a fee 1.5%? to withdraw & another fee to deposit foreign currency cash/notes ... some priority status may waive out of goodwill

if u can accept the 1.5% fee to withdraw, better to take the cash & change at money changer

some banks even charge to issue/clear USD cheques / cashier's order eg HSBC
oceanicmanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 11:14 PM   #3358
Supremacy Member

Post Singapore Life Endowment Plan 2.38% (5 Years)

Singapore Life Endowment Plan

2.25% for 3 Year Term
2.38% for 5 Year Term

Guaranteed returns.

https://singlife.com/endowment/

https://faq.singlife.com/hc/en-sg/ar...Singapore-Life

Singapore Life has started operation since June 2017.
Relatively new company so I guess they have to offer very competitive rates to capture market share. Competition is good for consumers. SSB yields really cannot make it as the months go by.

Confirm will have ignorant jokers ask "safe or not?". Just like they also asked Ah Neh or Ah Tiong banks safe or not?

Disclaimer: I am not a salesman. Just sharing straight forward, no gimmicks deal here. Share here if you have good deals (no complicated gimmicks) by banks or insurance companies.

Last edited by Mr.Canberra; 13-06-2019 at 11:24 PM..
Mr.Canberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #3359
High Supremacy Member

Seriously just open the damn usd checking account with your local banks. What's so difficult about it?
Old 13-06-2019, 11:37 PM   #3360

Seriously just open the damn usd checking account with your local banks. What's so difficult about it?
Which is the DBS version of this USD checking account? The US$'s are already sitting in DBS. I want to move them out as US$.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.